The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Jimib5863
Hey thanks for reply. I've been looking to apply independently. First thing I need to do is get my qualifications translated and apostles and then recognised by the ministry of forego affairs. Then I'll look into the rest.

After that people have to sit an English language exam, which costs €400!!!!!

Apparently there are scholarships available? I've sent an email to ministry of firing affairs in Romania asking about it.

You don't need to translate, you just make certified copies from the original by going to a solicitor. 2 copies for every certificate and send it. Which university has that entrance exam??

BTW, admission will open around May for most universities. Yes scholarships are available, but only for top students after the first year.
Original post by Monki1
You don't need to translate, you just make certified copies from the original by going to a solicitor. 2 copies for every certificate and send it. Which university has that entrance exam??

BTW, admission will open around May for most universities. Yes scholarships are available, but only for top students after the first year.

Hey,

It was for Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest.
Apparently Romania will not recognise my Access Diploma, :frown: this may change however in 2017 when UCAS offically recognises it and 3 distinctions will be worth the same as 3 As in A level in terms of UCAS tarriff points.

Do you study in Romania? What's the criteria for getting a scholarship?

Bulgarian science and education institute hasn't got back to me if the recognise it or not. I am going to visit the Bulgarian Embassy to find out more. I could maybe pay for the first year and then see if I could get a scholarship, but it's risky. I might do an NHS degree in UK and then do Grad entry in Bulgaria, then I've got 3 years to save up the funds.

Thanks for your help. It's quite hard to get information on Bulgaria, Romanian institute of foreign affairs make it so easy!
Has anyone managed to go grad entry medicine in Bulgaria or Romania?

Thanks
Hey,

I checked out their website. They haven't even filled in their FAQ section, it just says question/answer. Seems a bit dodgy/unprofessional.

I didn't really look at thier website when I was applying. I found out most information from other students who went through and speaking with them over the phone and they were great help and worth looking into if you're considering on not spending crazy amounts going through an agency

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone been through interhecs??
Original post by shenshen98

I've been talking to them. They seem ok, but I didn't like their "you are guaranteed a place" and you have to pay 500 pounds before you even get the confirmation letter from the uni. In my case I have A-level equivalent, so it's even less likely that they could guarantee me a place, when the Bulgarian Embassy could very well not recognise my qualifications. Then I've spent 500 pounds for nothing. Obviously, it costs money for them to do the paper work, but guarantee? Hard to believe.

They ask for money first and are providing guarantees, they are very eager to get your money. seems dodgy.
(edited 8 years ago)
I've been looking at the articulate medi pathways. They are recognised by University of Buckingham. You do two year biomedical then guaranteed a placed with a Polish university. AND THE POLISH MD DEGREE IS ONLY 4 YEARS!!!!!!! I am looking to see if they provide scholarships.

I am going with Inter HECS. Very professional, very efficient. They know what they are doing.

I have been researching since June 2015 and have spoken to ALL the agencies out there.

Some are very eager to get your money and will guarantee you anything.

They ALL have a deposit system. No one is doing to do any work for you for free, after all, they are running a business.

After the initial deposit, you start to upload the docs they require. I am sitting my A2, so cant upload my results till 18th August.

The offer from Inter HECS (Before i even paid them a penny) stated looking at my credentials and predicted grades, they can guarantee to get me in.

If after the 18th August (as long as i achieve my grades) they dont get me in - i will be refunded the deposit.

PM me if you want to have a chat. Like i said, i've been looking at this since June last year
I've been talking to them. They seem ok, but I didn't like their "you are guaranteed a place" and you have to pay 500 pounds before you even get the confirmation letter from the uni. In my case I have A-level equivalent, so it's even less likely that they could guarantee me a place, when the Bulgarian Embassy could very well not recognise my qualifications. Then I've spent 500 pounds for nothing. Obviously, it costs money for them to do the paper work, but guarantee? Hard to believe.

They ask for money first and are providing guarantees, they are very eager to get your money. seems dodgy.

Yea they do seem a bit eager for the money I think I'll apply directly but thats just effort
Are you looking to do dentistry??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Azzzman
I am going with Inter HECS. Very professional, very efficient. They know what they are doing.

I have been researching since June 2015 and have spoken to ALL the agencies out there.

Some are very eager to get your money and will guarantee you anything.

They ALL have a deposit system. No one is doing to do any work for you for free, after all, they are running a business.

After the initial deposit, you start to upload the docs they require. I am sitting my A2, so cant upload my results till 18th August.

The offer from Inter HECS (Before i even paid them a penny) stated looking at my credentials and predicted grades, they can guarantee to get me in.

If after the 18th August (as long as i achieve my grades) they dont get me in - i will be refunded the deposit.

PM me if you want to have a chat. Like i said, i've been looking at this since June last year

Your response seems very well formulated, you almost sound like a manager from their business.....

Yea they do seem a bit eager for the money I think I'll apply directly but thats just effort
Are you looking to do dentistry??

Not too much effort, translations from Bulgarian Embassy translators is around 25 pound per document. Apostiled can be done via UK government, although better from Bulgarian Embassy similar price. The hard part is getting it recognised by the Bulgarian Embassy. I was told by the Bulgarian Embassy to come in once I have everything translated and legaslised (apostilled). At first I thought, I had to get it recognised by the Bulgarian Embassy of Youth Education and Science, as per instructed on the University of Sofia. But then I read on some other embassy website that all foreign affairs such as qualification recognition is now being done by the Bulgarian Ministry of foreign affairs!

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I can't afford the tuition fees now there are no longer loans available. So I am out! I am looking at doing biomedical here and then transferring to Poland.
Your response seems very well formulated, you almost sound like a manager from their business.....

HAHA. Look at my posts dude. Been around for a while and am an A2 student with offers in Optom in the UK. Just have a look at the 2016 Optometry forum and you will see me there.

Not too much effort, translations from Bulgarian Embassy translators is around 25 pound per document. Apostiled can be done via UK government, although better from Bulgarian Embassy similar price. The hard part is getting it recognised by the Bulgarian Embassy. I was told by the Bulgarian Embassy to come in once I have everything translated and legaslised (apostilled). At first I thought, I had to get it recognised by the Bulgarian Embassy of Youth Education and Science, as per instructed on the University of Sofia. But then I read on some other embassy website that all foreign affairs such as qualification recognition is now being done by the Bulgarian Ministry of foreign affairs!

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I can't afford the tuition fees now there are no longer loans available. So I am out! I am looking at doing biomedical here and then transferring to Poland.

Rightio well thank you for your help much appreciated 😊😊 Imma think about what to do.
Original post by Azzzman
HAHA. Look at my posts dude. Been around for a while and am an A2 student with offers in Optom in the UK. Just have a look at the 2016 Optometry forum and you will see me there.

Just kidding. Did you speak to Studymedicine europe? They never get back to me. I must have sent them 5 emails. Called them twice, never got back to me. How are you paying for the fees if student loans have stopped in Bulgaria?
Just kidding. Did you speak to Studymedicine europe? They never get back to me. I must have sent them 5 emails. Called them twice, never got back to me. How are you paying for the fees if student loans have stopped in Bulgaria?

SME are a joke. I too sent them a dozen odd emails but they never got back.

My dad is my backup :smile: Hoping i dont have to use him but its there should i need it
Original post by dmmed
Hi, I'm just another confused aspiring medical student :biggrin:
So,erm, How would I go about finding a decent agency?

Which agency did you use please?
Original post by Alex Bora
to those asking about agencies, i know that you have heard many rumors that they use students and lie sometimes and they are true. but not all agencies are bad so make sure to choose a good agency and ask about it, you can even find a friend here who applied through it to be on the safe side. if you find a good agency i highly recommend that you use it because it can be a helping hand saving you alot of stress. the agency i used got all my documents registered and ready, collected me from the airport and rented an apartment for me they also got me a phone number and i still call them when i need help. if anybody needs an agecy message me :smile: i'll be glad to help :wink:

i highly reccommend applying directly.

I emailed Varna, they confirmed the banks have stopped giving out loans. Sofia never got back to me. I emailed the banks directly! And the two I emailed said they've stopped too. :frown: looks like I'll have to do readiography and save up money to go after I graduate :frown:

I'll do grad entry in Poland thanks to open univresity anyway so I don't mind waiting three years!

Good luck to everyone.
Original post by crazyinmedicine
Hey man tbh both universities are equally good as the teaching material and content is equally the same. I am at constanta and at the end of the day its down to prefrrnces like the city and culture and attractions, after all you have to live for six years here. I will pm you the detail of the agencie which i used.

Hello I am also planning to apply so can you pm the details too? thanks
Hi, can any one help me..

I was looking at applying to Sofia and Trakia University in Bulgaria however if I do not use an agency I know that I do not have the grades to get into Sofia.. But the agency that I have been speaking to want £2750 with the application and then if you don't get a place it is refunded however if you do they want another £2750.. it seems extremely steep!
Has anyone had any other agency experiences which are ALOT cheaper?

I have emailed both universities to see if I can apply directly to them?

Also, does anyone know what it is like to live in these areas, cost, etc.? any information is really appreciated!!

Thanks,
Original post by Marisa P

Hey,

What agency did you use?

Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending