The Student Room Group

6 MOST liked currently active MPs in UK Parliment

Scroll to see replies

When did Rees Mogg, the last man in Britain to have a wet nurse and the intellectual inferior of his father, become so popular?
Original post by Quantex
When did Rees Mogg, the last man in Britain to have a wet nurse and the intellectual inferior of his father, become so popular?

He's a peculiar chap and people seem to admire that.
I struggle to think of 6, only get to 4.

Caroline Lucas
Maihri Black
Frank Field
Norman Lamb
Original post by Quantex

Original post by James Milibanter
He's a peculiar chap and people seem to admire that.

Eccentrics are often loved. Boris Johnson for example, who has been a useless London Mayor with vanity projects and no grasp of detail, it seems. Russell Brand who thought it funny to phone up an ex-girlfriend's elderly grandparents.
Reply 24
Original post by meenu89
Rees- Mogg
Johnny Mercer
Hilary Benn

Hate to say this but Jess Phillips.

Can I asks why you said Jess Phillips. I've just started on reading about politics and she lives in the same city as me.
Reply 25
What's so likable about Jacob Rees Mogg?
Original post by james.proctor
lol you think that people like Jeremy Corbyn?

I'd say Dan Jarvis and that's about it.

alas, i wasn't clear - meant who are YOUR 6 most liked MPs, i'll amend now
Original post by xxvine
What's so likable about Jacob Rees Mogg?

He is very affable and quite open to talk with different kinds of people. He has been on shows such as the Ali G show and has campaigned in very safe labour seats. Strongly disagree with him on most things, but the guy is likeable.

Crooked though, if you look at his expenses.
Hilary Benn
Ken Clarke
Alan Duncan
Zac Goldsmith
Alan Haselhurst
Boris Johnson

Blood-stained iceberg
Original post by james.proctor
lol you think that people like Jeremy Corbyn?

yes
Off the top of my head:

Stella Creasy
Ed Miliband
Jess Philips
Dan Jarvis
Hilary Benn
Jon Bercow (think he is a great speaker)
tania mathias - is she always shouting ? THAT voice

tim farron - why does he exist ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
With an attempt to be cross party:

Rory Stewart (Con) - Intelligent, unusual style, one of the few ministers in a very long time who can get through a question session completely without notes.
Hilary Benn (Lab) - A good speaker and a genuinely interesting man.
The Mogg (Con) - Largely for comic value and interesting historical tales.
Stewart McDonald (SNP) - Not seen much of him actually in the Commons, but he's very good on Twitter.
Dan Jarvis (Lab) - Just seems impressively no-nonsense.
Anna Soubry (Con) - For the sheer passion she throws into her arguments.
So Jacob Rees mog MP is the most popular followed by Caroline Lucas and Dan Jarvis in joint second...

Interesting.
Boris Johnson. Also among the most despised; but that's by the by.
Jeremy Corbyn. Holding a mirror up to British politics since 2015. You only have to look at the media to see how scared the right are of his decency.

A lot of junior doctors being shafted by the Tory approach to managing the NHS are loving Jezzer and labour right now. But obviously the right wing dominant media aren't chatting about that.
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Not sure about six, by these three are obvious:

Dr The Hon Caroline Lucas Esq MP BA PhD (Exeter) PGDip (Kansas), who has been awarded Overall MP of the Parliamentary Term 2010-2015.

The Rt Hon Adv Sadiq Khan Esq MP LLB (UNL), who has been awarded Overall People’s Choice MP of the Year 2014-2015

The Hon Zac Goldsmith Esq MP OE, who has been awarded Overall MP for Year 2014-2015.

I love the effort that's gone into this post!! Out of interest, if you've put both Khan and Goldsmith on there who do you think should win the London mayoral election?
Original post by Saoirse:3
Caroline Lucas
Jacob Rees-Mogg
Boris Johnson
Dennis Skinner
Leanne Wood
Dan Jarvis

Leanne Wood isn't an MP; she's an Assembly Member in Wales.
Original post by Davij038
So Jacob Rees mog MP is the most popular followed by Caroline Lucas and Dan Jarvis in joint second...

Interesting.

I think JRM is people joking around because he's clearly ridiculous.
Original post by EtherealNymph22
I love the effort that's gone into this post!! Out of interest, if you've put both Khan and Goldsmith on there who do you think should win the London mayoral election?

No sé.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending