The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Aeronautical Engineering 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
I already have my grades as I am now doing a 24 month compulsory military service; A*AAAB, yet I just got rejected by imperial :frown:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Heisenberg97
Just got rejected lol... I now have to choose between UCL bristol and manchester

Sorry to hear.
I would pick Bristol over UCL though
Original post by MNE
I already have my grades as I am now doing a 24 month compulsory military service; A*AAAB, yet I just got rejected by imperial :frown:

I'm really sorry to hear that :frown:
Reply 243
Original post by Student403
I'm really sorry to hear that :frown:

Thanks mate!!!

Has anyone been made an offer similar to my results? I am curious...
Original post by pinkfloydfan
Since I'm one of these weird IB people, Bristol asks for 38 and Bath asks for 36...probably gonna firm Imperial and insurance Bath if all goes...well...but I feel so uncertain now...

Same. But why are we weird?
Original post by batmansmaster
Same. But why are we weird?

relative rarity of IB course, 'perks' like having to do both a language and maths, ToK, extended essay... very masochistic in general.
relative rarity of IB course, 'perks' like having to do both a language and maths, ToK, extended essay... very masochistic in general.

'perks' :frown: :damnmate:but why do they ask for 7 for math and 6 in physics, It should either be 6 7 or 6 6.
'perks' :frown: :damnmate:but why do they ask for 7 for math and 6 in physics, It should either be 6 7 or 6 6.

yes, fml.
Any international students who had the 'overseas interview' on 23 Nov 2015 and have not received an offer/rejection yet?

Any IB offer holder for aeronautical engineering? If so, what is the offer?
Since I'm one of these weird IB people, Bristol asks for 38 and Bath asks for 36...probably gonna firm Imperial and insurance Bath if all goes...well...but I feel so uncertain now...

I got the same offers from Bristol and Bath for IB! I was relatively confident about my predicted 7 in Math and 6 in Physics but after getting mock results today it's changed a bit :frown: Imperial said my interview with them is in March and they'll email me in February so that's good.
Original post by thatbrownkid17
I got the same offers from Bristol and Bath for IB! I was relatively confident about my predicted 7 in Math and 6 in Physics but after getting mock results today it's changed a bit :frown: Imperial said my interview with them is in March and they'll email me in February so that's good.

Lucky you, I haven't heard anything at all from Imperial apart from the acknowledgement :P
I'm pretty darn good with physics, but I'm not really sure about my math. Anyways, my mocks are in a month, glad to meet someone in the same boat. Cheers and good luck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aerodynamic
Any international students who had the 'overseas interview' on 23 Nov 2015 and have not received an offer/rejection yet?

Any IB offer holder for aeronautical engineering? If so, what is the offer?

Still waiting here... But I took A-Levels.
Lucky you, I haven't heard anything at all from Imperial apart from the acknowledgement :P
I'm pretty darn good with physics, but I'm not really sure about my math. Anyways, my mocks are in a month, glad to meet someone in the same boat. Cheers and good luck.

When did you submit your application? If it was after the November interview session then that's probably why they're processing your applications along with January applicants. Thanks and good luck to you too!

when did you apply to bath?

I applied to all my unis on Nov. 9th and I have heard back from everyone apart from Imperial.

My application was sent on 15 October and I got my Bath offer on the 25th November. But my friend applied a week before me (for the same course) and still hasn't gotten an offer; his acknowledgment came pretty late as well. Idk they're doing it weird.
I applied to all my unis on Nov. 9th and I have heard back from everyone apart from Imperial.

My application was sent on 15 October and I got my Bath offer on the 25th November. But my friend applied a week before me (for the same course) and still hasn't gotten an offer; his acknowledgment came pretty late as well. Idk they're doing it weird.

Did you guys applied for aero in bath, or for mech? Cause this friend of mine who applied to mech received his offer, whereas my other friend and I who have applied directly to aero haven't received anything yet, well actually bath sent both of us an email saying they would consider our applications after the Jan 15 deadline.... Anyway we both have offers from imperial, its just that bath is the only uni we haven't heard of yet (we both applied first week of october)
Original post by feracero
Did you guys applied for aero in bath, or for mech? Cause this friend of mine who applied to mech received his offer, whereas my other friend and I who have applied directly to aero haven't received anything yet, well actually bath sent both of us an email saying they would consider our applications after the Jan 15 deadline.... Anyway we both have offers from imperial, its just that bath is the only uni we haven't heard of yet (we both applied first week of october)

My friend hasn't heard from Bath either and she applied 14 October
Original post by feracero

yes, applied for aero in Bath.

Did imperial email you to say the interview is in March?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending