The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Hi everyone,

Applied to King's for MSci in CompSci on October 11th. Received my offer on 21st October.
I am an Intl. applicant. The A-Level equivalent of my predicted grades are A*A*A*A*A.
I don't know whether I should put King's or Manchester as my insurance. Any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by vanillaboy
I applied for Computer Science on the 14th of January. Does anyone have an idea of how long I'll have to wait until they get back?

They got back to me within a week, but fyi, If you're waiting longer for a reply compared to others, it doesn't mean you have a lesser chance of receiving an offer.
Original post by bakedbeans247
They got back to me within a week, but fyi, If you're waiting longer for a reply compared to others, it doesn't mean you have a lesser chance of receiving an offer.

I see. When did you apply? I'm afraid of having to wait for an extra long time as I applied late.
EDIT: And did you apply for CS as well?
I see. When did you apply? I'm afraid of having to wait for an extra long time as I applied late.

I applied in December, but there's also no 'first come first served'.

There's a thread dedicated to this stuff, that's how i know but i cant remember what it was called :frown:

Oh wait did you apply after the deadline? Or are you saying you applied close to the deadline?
Original post by bakedbeans247
I applied in December, but there's also no 'first come first served'.

There's a thread dedicated to this stuff, that's how i know but i cant remember what it was called :frown:

Oh wait did you apply after the deadline? Or are you saying you applied close to the deadline?

I guess there isn't, but I've heard/read rumours that in reality one has a higher chance of being admitted the earlier one applies as there are more places available. But I hope it's not true.
Is it the "Fastest and slowest offer senders" thread?
I applied close to the deadline! :smile: The day before.
I guess there isn't, but I've heard/read rumours that in reality one has a higher chance of being admitted the earlier one applies as there are more places available. But I hope it's not true.
Is it the "Fastest and slowest offer senders" thread?
I applied close to the deadline! :smile: The day before.

Ah no that's not the thread

Carnationlilyrose basically knows everything there is to know bout ucas or knows someone that knows, ask her if you want to know :P

Ah ok so you're fine :P
(edited 8 years ago)
Any maths and financial management offer??
Original post by Ishaan15
Any maths and financial management offer??

I applied last week and haven't heard anything yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 628
Original post by ntanationa
Hey! I'm so sorry about that :frown: Yea UCAS usually updates a couple of weeks later, happened to me with another uni :/

I hope you get into another uni you really like!

I just got offers from Queen mary and Manchester :biggrin:, but still would rather have had Kings.

I phoned them up and asked if I could go throguh adjustment/clearing on results day, but the guy said, as Ive been rejected an offer, I cant apply for the exact same course through clearing. This seemss pretty wierd to me. D you think hes right? The guy did sound half asleep and a bit rude. so idk if he knew what he was on about, but I'm gonna call again and ask someonelse hoepfully lol.

I applied for Geography last week Monday (11th). Offer came through today - AB (I already have one A grade A level sad recently).
Original post by cracker96
I applied last week and haven't heard anything yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were your projected scores?? If you wont mind.
Is KCL open to international students??
Original post by Ishaan15
Is KCL open to international students??

Yes, I am a French student and I received an offer for War Studies. KCL welcomes any person as long as they meet the entry requirements. However, the deadline for applying to KCL through UCAS was the 15th of January and if you live outside of the EU, tuition fees will be more expensive.
Officially accepted my offer today. September can't come fast enough :biggrin:
Offfeeeerrrr :biggrin: so happy right now 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sammie Morgan
Offfeeeerrrr :biggrin: so happy right now 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow Congrats!!! What course?
Original post by Lazy96
Just got an offer to study English Language & Linguistics, they asked for AAB. Anyone else applied for English?

yeah I have! are you thinking of making it your firm choice?
Original post by ntanationa
Wow Congrats!!! What course?

Thank you!!! Pharmacy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 638
Original post by Florindawebster
yeah I have! are you thinking of making it your firm choice?

I think soooo, but I'm a bit stuck between Queen Mary and Kings, what did you get last year?
Reply 639
Hi,

I had my interview for the BsC Hons Midwifery course yesterday. Is anyone else applying to study midwifery at King's for the 2016 entry? xx

Latest