The Student Room Group

British schoolgirls who fled to join Isis in Raqqa are feared dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
They made a choice to move several thousand miles away where they proceeded to aid and abet an enemy of the UK. Their crime was nothing less than treason!

Frankly i believe that anybody expressing sympathy for ISIS should be monitored by the security services and that public expression of support should warrant arrest. ISIS and Russia are enemies of the west, they must not be taken lightly.

Did I express sympathy for ISIS, no and I would never do so.

Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Joining ISIS isn't a crime?

Oh well in that case...

Like I said they shouldn't have gone there.
Reply 41
Original post by Nephthys
Yeah, as sex slaves for Jihads, what a great life !

They are not sex slaves. They have rights
Original post by Rakas21
They made a choice to move several thousand miles away where they proceeded to aid and abet an enemy of the UK. Their crime was nothing less than treason!Frankly i believe that anybody expressing sympathy for ISIS should be monitored by the security services and that public expression of support should warrant arrest. ISIS and Russia are enemies of the west, they must not be taken lightly.
Lol Russia, Are we in the cold war?

Original post by Mihael_Keehl
lol ur a retard.

Strong retard.

-,- ...

It's more than just a mistake.

I bet you wouldn't hold the same lenient opinion if it was radicalised boys/men being discussed.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by al_94
They are not sex slaves. They have rights

>defending ISIS

Why am I not surprised ?
Original post by uberteknik
Supreme naivety at it's most tragic or justice? Take your pick.I rather think the former and I really don't think they knew what they were doing.
Like the 15 year old girl who lost her life, lured in search of 'excitement' on the notoriously dangerous pier at Cullercoat's bay.

Together with her friends, totally oblivious to the danger until it's all too late.

The real tragedy is the devastation left behind for friends and family who now have to pick up the pieces.

Pretty much this.

While it's true that they made an active decision to leave their families and join ISIS, I feel sorry for the girls (and other young Muslims who are radicalised). The girls' parent must be devastated; they'll have to live their lives with a sense of shame and guilt. Tragic.
sad to see such bitterness in people, they don't deserve to die, since they didn't committed any crime from what I know of.

They made a mistake and are very young, sad really.

Shouldn't have gone there though it was their mistake, they probably regret leaving if they are still alive.

Anyone that leaves the UK to join terrorists deserves to die.
lol ur a retard.

Strong retard.

I never said that you were expressing sympathy, i was challenging your accusation that they'd committed no crime.
Reply 47
Original post by Nephthys
>defending ISIS

Why am I not surprised ?

How is that defending? ISIS is wrong with what they are doing
Well don't want cheer the death of some naive 15 year olds. But hopefully this will alert all the other 15 year olds who are in the cusp of joining Isis elsewhere.

It will not end well.
Reply 49
As have I and nor would I join any terrorist organisation.

I blame the teachers at that state school they attended,

You blame the teachers? How so?
You guys saying 'shame' and 'they deserved it' should be ashamed,
they were vulnerable teens who were radicalised. You saying they deserve death is just totally inappropriate.
Original post by SalmaSalma
You guys saying 'shame' and 'they deserved it' should be ashamed,
they were vulnerable teens who were radicalised. You saying they deserve death is just totally inappropriate.

I agree it's inappropriate, but saying they are responsible for their actions, isn't inappropriate.

Original post by al_94
How is that defending? ISIS is wrong with what they are doing
Saying the girls have legal/human rights when they blatantly don't is defending ISIS, making them seem more appealing or less morally deprived than they really are.
Original post by z33
Yeah this is what happens when Muslim parents are so protective of their children they won't let them go out and see what the world is like. It makes them so vulnerable and easy to fool. Especially if they have access to social media and their parents don't know/ don't monitor them. It's a piece of cake for ISIS to recruit them then. I feel bad for them but what's the likelihood you'll escape their grips once you walk into the trap? Probably next to nothing. And they must regret every waking second they spend there... it's really sad tbh.

Well exactly, there's no getting out of it. If they do somehow manage to return they'll be arrested, go to prison and have that on their record for the rest of their lives. They are well and truly ****ed.
(edited 8 years ago)
When people say others deserve to die smh
Original post by abruiseonthesky

Especially these girls. They were brainwashed. They weren't born like this
Turns out if you run off to fight in a war zone you might die. Whoda thunked it.
good.
Reply 57
Original post by abruiseonthesky

Original post by Student403
Especially these girls. They were brainwashed. They weren't born like this

No one's born a murderer lol. They know what they were doing, how they were going to help a death cult. They're well above the age of criminal responsibility.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Cremated_Spatula

Saying the girls have legal/human rights when they blatantly don't is defending ISIS, making them seem more appealing or less morally deprived than they really are.

Well Islam does give women rights I don't know what ISIS are doing I'm not there so I can't speak about that.
Original post by difeo
No one's born a murderer lol. They know what they were doing, how they were going to help a death cult. They're well above the age of criminal responsibility.

Fair enough - but there was obviously brainwashing involved.

Also with regards to the first part, that is true but some have mental disabilities/some sort of hindrance that overrides their ability to make normal judgments

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending