The Student Room Group

British schoolgirls who fled to join Isis in Raqqa are feared dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
sad to see such bitterness in people.

They don't deserve to die, they made a mistake and are very young and they were brainwashed.

Shouldn't have gone there though it was their mistake, they probably regret leaving if they are still alive. Their school teachers are to blame.

Having said this, I hate ISIS.

Explain please. How is it the school's fault? Overall, the blame lies on the girls. They have choice over their actions.
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
As have I and nor would I join any terrorist organisation.

I blame the teachers at that state school they attended,

Original post by uberteknik
Supreme naivety at it's most tragic or justice? Take your pick.I rather think the former and I really don't think they knew what they were doing.
Like the 15 year old girl who lost her life, lured in search of 'excitement' on the notoriously dangerous pier at Cullercoat's bay.

Together with her friends, totally oblivious to the danger until it's all too late.

The real tragedy is the devastation left behind for friends and family who now have to pick up the pieces.

Original post by The Epicurean
These were teenage girls who were misled and most likely indoctrinated. It happens sadly. What we have to recognise is that these are young British citizens getting indoctrinated in our own country. It is our problem to deal with that children in our country are becoming indoctrinated/brainwashed and joining ISIS. So we can't brush it off and say it isn't our problem.

I don't think they deserved it, and in fact think that we have failed them. We clearly haven't done enough to prevent young teenagers being indoctrinated and led astray. I mourn the loss young lives which could have accomplished so much more if we could have prevented such indoctrination taking place.

Nobody failed them other than their parents and their religion. You people who look to blame the UK/Teachers/Police make me sick and are a huge part of the issue
FEARED DEAD? Are they serious? Good riddance if you ask me.

Unless they literally had a mind control chip in their brain, no 15 year old can say they were tricked in to moving halfway around the world.
Original post by difeo
No one's born a murderer lol. They know what they were doing, how they were going to help a death cult. They're well above the age of criminal responsibility.

No one denied that. I said no one should be saying other people deserve to die. I wasn't absolving them of all responsibility.
Original post by BEAN!
Explain please. How is it the school's fault? Overall, the blame lies on the girls. They have choice over their actions.

state comprehensive should have done something.

AND ISIS sucks.

Original post by Betelgeuse-
Nobody failed them other than their parents and their religion. You people who look to blame the UK/Teachers/Police make me sick and are a huge part of the issue

No one blamed the police nor the UK.

State schools are too blame, teachers should have done something.
You people disgust me. To say that they deserved to die is a bit too harsh. They were obviously radicalised and perhaps not conscious of the consequences of their actions! (they were only 15) It isn't entirely their fault they ended up in a predicament like that. BLAME ISIS.
Original post by al_94
Well Islam does give women rights I don't know what ISIS are doing I'm not there so I can't speak about that.

Pretty sure the original commenter that you replied to, was talking about the girls who went to join ISIS.
Original post by abruiseonthesky
No one denied that. I said no one should be saying other people deserve to die. I wasn't absolving them of all responsibility.

Everyone dies.
Reply 68

But that's clearly bull****? There's plenty of people who deserve to die
Original post by SalmaSalma
You guys saying 'shame' and 'they deserved it' should be ashamed,
they were vulnerable teens who were radicalised. You saying they deserve death is just totally inappropriate.

Unless you believe, that the girls believed, they thought they were going for a holiday romance - and were totally blind to the incredibly huge amount of media attention ISIS and their unprecedented barbarity received .. how could you have such views?

I am absoloutely delighted every single time one of these monsters (Particuarly from the UK) is turned into desert pizza and to try and turn this back on others who oppose such evil is deplorable
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by difeo
But that's clearly bull****? There's plenty of people who deserve to die

Try again. I said no one should say that others deserve to die. Who are you to say who deserves life and death?
Reply 71
Original post by al_94
They are not sex slaves. They have rights

:lol:
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Everyone dies.

I denied that when? :rolleyes: There's a difference between stating fact ('everyone dies') and a - malicious - opinion ('they deserve to die')
Reply 73
Try again. I said no one should say that others deserve to die. Who are you to say who deserves life and death?

So sanctimonious lol

I'm someone with a moral compass, that's all that's needed. Doesn't take much to tell that mass murderers deserve to die

So if a parent physically abuses their child such as in the baby P case, you don't question how such events can go undetected? You don't believe that somewhere along the line we have failed as a society to protect a vulnerable child? Or, do you rightly recognise that as a society, we have a duty to ensure the correct measures are taken to prevent such cases happening?

Now please enlighten me as to how I am part of the issue when I am the one who wishes to take steps to prevent such incidents happening in future? Saying "they deserved it" and whatnot as so many in this thread have said will not change anything. Look at the figures and see how many of our citizens have been radicalised and joined ISIS. These people are being radicalised in the UK, not Syria. And worst of all, they are radicalising young teenagers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SalmaSalma
You guys saying 'shame' and 'they deserved it' should be ashamed,
they were vulnerable teens who were radicalised. You saying they deserve death is just totally inappropriate.

Vulnerable? They knew that they were watching radical preachers and knew there was a risk of being radicalised.

It's completely their fault and they deserved what they got.
Reply 76
damn this thread is moving fast ...
I don't have much sympathy for them I mean lots of people are dying daily and have no choice. These girls made their choice and paid for it.
Reply 78
Celebrating the death of adolescents. What a time to be alive.
I am absoloutely delighted every single time one of these monsters (Particuarly from the UK) is turned into desert pizza and to try and turn this back on others who oppose such evil is deplorable

With such views, how am I to differentiate you from ISIS members? You too seem to have an absolute disregard for human life. You fail to realise that these people are being radicalised here. I imagine you would be horrified if (as has been reported) radicalised individuals from Syria came to our country and started causing issues here. Yet the irony is that we are doing just that. Our own citizens are being radicalised and causing issues in other countries. One could say that we are producing and exporting terrorists to Syria. How many hundreds of British citizens have been radicalised here in the UK? How many more are we going to let get radicalised?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending