The Student Room Group

Turned ON or OFF by articulate people?

Scroll to see replies

...think I shall just stalk this thread and drool at the level of conversation :colondollar:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Articulation has its innumerable merits, one must concede; however I must postulate that, on occasion, the tendency to plough the myriad depths of one's lexicon to acquire perfectly apt yet esoteric terminology is at best veritably dubious and at worst ignominious. To eschew contemporaneous styles of discourse in favour of implicitly self-aggrandizing extraneous jargon is indeed a poor route to the unmitigated comprehension of one's audience!

The results of this thread so far indicate the very opposite of your declaration my friend. :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Ridingmyego
The results of this thread so far indicate the very opposite of your declaration my friend. :smile:

I was just messing around a bit; imo being articulate is more about getting your meaning across properly, so speaking/writing with decent vocabulary and grammar, and certainly not spewing big words. I do find it attractive in that sense
Reply 43
Original post by Sacred Ground
Hypocrisy throughout lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was kind of the "joke" lol
ON.
on
if it the subject matter is of interest to me
Original post by jamesthehustler
on
if it the subject matter is of interest to me

Original post by NatalieEXE
ON.

Any subjects in particular? Or just general discourse...
Trying too hard is an OFF

ON when it's natural and not too ott

I value clear and wellspoken over obscure and pompous
Reply 48
ON becuase I'm articulate, now it's not just me saying that, it's people generally.
I'd have said yes but so many pretentious asses on here... it's a no. If it doesn't come to you naturally, it is not attractive.
biggest turn off is when someone uses the wrong 'your' / 'you're' or 'their' / 'they're' / 'there'

IT'S NOT THAT HARD
Original post by Little Popcorns

Original post by Milzime
biggest turn off is when someone uses the wrong 'your' / 'you're' or 'their' / 'they're' / 'there'

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

I agree with both of you - it's the little things.
Original post by Milzime

IT'S NOT THAT HARD
Sometimes predictive text will do that for you even when the person knows full well what the correct usage is. If they're in a hurry you have to give them the benefit of the doubt!
Original post by Little Popcorns

This completely...

It's one thing being articulate and another, trying too hard to come across as articulate...the latter is just both irritating and hilarious :rofl:
Reply 54
Original post by Milzime

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

lol there so dumb for being silly haha
Reply 55
Original post by Biryani007
This completely...

It's one thing being articulate and another, trying too hard to come across as articulate...the latter is just both irritating and hilarious :rofl:

liar
What does articulate even mean? :s-smilie:
Original post by K.C
lol there so dumb for being silly haha

kc ily but
MAN
MAN
mNAog
On, I really can't understand why anyone would be turned off
Turn-off. I prefer people with Northern accents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending