The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Stefan*
Okay... First of all, I did not say that, at all. You simply interpreted it that way so you have something to repeat each and every time (and with different accounts each time). It has become quite annoying now, so you may as well stop. Also, I do not in fact intend to marry a girl in the UK, so cut me some silliness and stop being so idiotic with your remarks.

Secondly, it is obvious, as it always has been, that you're an immature little girl that hasn't even been to university. Don't act like you know your crap when you evidently don't. You have been arguing with people over mistaken matters from the very first time you used TSR, and that was of course arguing just for the sake it.

So full of crap. You know, I have friends at those universities too. Saying that KCL is better than LSE and UCL because the lecturers have better pronunciations is the epitomy of ignorance and immaturity. The way someone pronounces words does not signify their intelligence or their ability to teach. I'm not surprised you think so considering you have no idea of what University is like.

If I'm talking silly, you're talking BS. Don't try to excuse yourself with petty arguments. I did not say that LSE has better teaching - I said LSE is better overall. Teaching is only part of a long chain. And that said, anecdotal evidence of yours is hardly reliable anyway. Why should I or anyone else trust your evident bias? It's obvious you want to go to KCL (yes, your other posts make that clear as well), and you can't protect your judgment from your excitement. Not a virtue of a good law student may I say.

Erm, what? I don't have a clue about what you're talking about... :confused:

Just to reiterate: Considering how immature and over-the-top you sound, I'm going to stick with my own opinion. Next time, maybe attempt to judge a person's arguments instead of assailing that person with your ad-hominems. You may be immature but something's gotta be told. Also, as above, stop being such a UKIP fangirl... Seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) I don't understand what you mean. I'm German and a long time lurker on this forum. I recognize you from your chubby cheeks. I wish I would pinch them :tongue:

2) You should be proud to be Greek. It was the country that invented democracy. Yes yes. Greek is bankrupt but you should be proud to be Greek. Don't let anyone here make you feel small about being Greek. In the past, you also mentioned that you were going to go back to Greece and rectify your country's financial situation in the near future. I applaud you and I want you to know that I will be here to remind you periodically of your ambition. You don't have to thank me. I like the fact that you're patriotic and I just don't want you to forget the commitment that you made.

3) Ok so what happened? Did you end up at LSE or was it Birmingham? You've changed your storyline so many times now I don't know which is what now. Could you please clarify once and for all?

4) FYI, I did not apply to Kings. I applied to york, birbeck, sussex, bath and sunderland.

5) How can you say that LSE has better teaching overall when you haven't heard or seen the audio/video law lectures from UCL, Queen Mary, SOAS and Kings? I have and Kings lectures were by far the best because of the better spoken English, the depth in lecture content, the wonderful usage of the English language, the lecturers' ability to sustain my attention span and so much more.

I don't care what you or one or two other fellow european students have to say regarding my point on lecturers with low English proficiency, low depth in lecture content, inability to use a wider vocabulary, inability to motivate my interest in the dry subjects such as constitutional and administrative law and so much more.

There are thousands of international students who apply to UK unis every year and many of them are on this forum. Most of them have double or triple A*s at A-levels or 40 to 45 points in the International Baccalaureate. they too like me, think on the same wavelength.

unlike you and your clique, we are not interested in law rankings and reputation. we are more interested in the level of teaching quality.

6) Are you so hung-up on Kings because they rejected you all those years ago?

Original post by Katbo
Okay, let me apologise for my unclear paragraphing. In response, I shall also number my points.

1) Yes, my father is the smartest person I know. This is subjective, and of course I'm not referring to him as the smartest person in the world, just the smartest I know. If you would like to know more about him here's his Wikipedia page or feel free to message me, I can tell you more if you are interested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiří_Přibáň

2) I asked what he thought in response to your 3rd point over lunch and he said: "NO to the first question and NO to the second one if she/he means 'intervening in executive power'."

3) Please don't say any Tom, Dick, or Harry can acquire British citizenship because it does mean that they have had to study general knowledge of Britain, and I'm sure that some questions would not be answered confidently even by British born citizens without looking it up.

I don't really want to argue with you any more because some people are just arrogant and cannot be helped.

So I am signing off and returning the 'Law Offers for 2016' thread back to its purpose!:smile:

1) Your replies to point 1 and 3 are superfluous. I knew it as soon as I read your replies in your previous post to me. Anyways, you are clearly in the dark on many matters so I shall leave you to your own devices within that protected bubble of yours. It is not my duty to educate you.

2) On point number two, your father is wrong. The British monarchy has always been involved in government affairs for centuries. Don't bother replying to me. Whatever you say henceforth must be factually incorrect, just like what your father told you over lunch. Thank goodness I did not apply to Cardiff Law school. And now, I do not have the mood for my lunch :s-smilie:

I shall cease further participation on this thread. To see aspiring law students post replies unbecoming of quality law students, has given me headaches. I must rest now.
I thought I didn't want to study in London but going by how nervous I am waiting for KCL and UCL to get back to me, I might be warming up to the idea... :colondollar:
Original post by Audrey18
1) I don't understand what you mean. I'm German and a long time lurker on this forum. I recognize you from your chubby cheeks. I wish I would pinch them :tongue:

2) You should be proud to be Greek. It was the country that invented democracy. Yes yes. Greek is bankrupt but you should be proud to be Greek. Don't let anyone here make you feel small about being Greek. In the past, you also mentioned that you were going to go back to Greece and rectify your country's financial situation in the near future. I applaud you and I want you to know that I will be here to remind you periodically of your ambition. You don't have to thank me. I like the fact that you're patriotic and I just don't want you to forget the commitment that you made.

3) Ok so what happened? Did you end up at LSE or was it Birmingham? You've changed your storyline so many times now I don't know which is what now. Could you please clarify once and for all?

4) FYI, I did not apply to Kings. I applied to york, birbeck, sussex, bath and sunderland.

5) How can you say that LSE has better teaching overall when you haven't heard or seen the audio/video law lectures from UCL, Queen Mary, SOAS and Kings? I have and Kings lectures were by far the best because of the better spoken English, the depth in lecture content, the wonderful usage of the English language, the lecturers' ability to sustain my attention span and so much more.

I don't care what you or one or two other fellow european students have to say regarding my point on lecturers with low English proficiency, low depth in lecture content, inability to use a wider vocabulary, inability to motivate my interest in the dry subjects such as constitutional and administrative law and so much more.

There are thousands of international students who apply to UK unis every year and many of them are on this forum. Most of them have double or triple A*s at A-levels or 40 to 45 points in the International Baccalaureate. they too like me, think on the same wavelength.

unlike you and your clique, we are not interested in law rankings and reputation. we are more interested in the level of teaching quality.

6) Are you so hung-up on Kings because they rejected you all those years ago?

1. You have had several accounts in the past, as the same thing you've told me (along with the stuff about Greece) came from a girl who would always argue in the law threads with others. So, yes, you do know what I'm talking about.

2. This is seriously weird. Firstly, I am proud to be Greek, just like everyone is proud of their country. Where did I say the opposite? Secondly, I never said I'd like to rectify the situation. What am I? A king? All I said was that I wanted to return.

3. Birmingham... what? :O I had firmed LSE, insured Bristol, and turned down KCL and Durham. Simple.

4. Strange, considering Bath doesn't do law... rofl.

5. Whatever... all that is anecdotal evidence - nothing more, nothing less. You may believe whatever you want :smile:

So, you're telling me that you got 40-45/3A*/A*A*A and you applied to Sussex and Sunderland? How obvious that you're lying... just how obvious.

And, FYI, I got the equivalent of A*A*AB (A*A*B in A-Levels), so surely I can't be that much below your "wavelength"... lol. Your lies are so easy to manipulate at this point.

6. Read point 3. King's offer was almost unconditional for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a great university for law, but the best? Nah.
1. You have had several accounts in the past, as the same thing you've told me (along with the stuff about Greece) came from a girl who would always argue in the law threads with others. So, yes, you do know what I'm talking about.

2. This is seriously weird. Firstly, I am proud to be Greek, just like everyone is proud of their country. Where did I say the opposite? Secondly, I never said I'd like to rectify the situation. What am I? A king? All I said was that I wanted to return.

3. Birmingham... what? :O I had firmed LSE, insured Bristol, and turned down KCL and Durham. Simple.

5. Whatever... all that is anecdotal evidence - nothing more, nothing less. You may believe whatever you want :smile:

So, you're telling me that you got 40-45/3A*/A*A*A and you applied to Sussex and Sunderland? How obvious that you're lying... just how obvious.

And, FYI, I got the equivalent of A*A*AB (A*A*B in A-Levels), so surely I can't be that much below your "wavelength"... lol. Your lies are so easy to manipulate at this point.

6. Read point 3. King's offer was almost unconditional for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a great university for law, but the best? Nah.

Well said, Stefan😀
Original post by vblue77
Just got my final offer from Bristol a few days ago!
Altogether I have(all conditionals)
QMUL (A*AA)
KCL (A*AA)
Bristol (AAA/A*AB)
Manchester (AAA)
Newcastle (AAA)
Have no idea which ones to firm or insure atm though, fml

congrats! when did you apply? applied for PPL at king's on november 4th and have heard nothing since?

thank you :smile:
Anyone with an offer from SOAS for LLB Law? (I have a conditional offer requiring AAA)
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I thought I didn't want to study in London but going by how nervous I am waiting for KCL and UCL to get back to me, I might be warming up to the idea... :colondollar:

How did you find the LNAT?
does anyone here have offers from LSE for law?? applied on the 4th november, received an email on the 9th telling me it would take approx. 2 weeks for them to review my credentials and update me on the status of my application, but have heard nothing since? what does this mean? starting to worry now lol :frown:
Original post by mitchriding
does anyone here have offers from LSE for law?? applied on the 4th november, received an email on the 9th telling me it would take approx. 2 weeks for them to review my credentials and update me on the status of my application, but have heard nothing since? what does this mean? starting to worry now lol :frown:

I applied on the 5th of November and have received like 3 mails the last of which is the 8 week mail ( which expires next week). What are your predicted grades? Also for lse the longer they have you app the better it is so good luck!
Original post by Hopeful---
Bit late but yeah, ask whatever. Still a bit confused on whether to firm it, but probably!

Firstly, well done!

Secondly, which books did you read and mention on your personal statement?

Thirdly, what questions were you asked at interview?

Original post by Coreling
Ask away!

Hi, well done!

Which college did you get into?

Which books did you read and mention?

What were you asked at interview?

Any tips?

Original post by gemmabeth
I've got an offer! Message me if you want to ask anything :smile:

Well done!!! :smile:

Which books did you read and mention on your personal statement?

Any tips?

Reply 1432
Original post by mitchriding

Don't worry :smile: I applied 21st Oct: received 2 week email, 8 week email (+ extra 2 weeks for Christmas), and now a 4 week email. Am still waiting don't worry :smile:

Hi chubby cheeks. I have no idea what you're on about. you've mixed me up with someone else. I applied to Bath for politics with economics. Nowhere did I say I attained A*A*A* or high points for the IB. Because of your miscomprehension, you have suggested that Sussex and Sunderland are lousy unis? :s-smilie: You have hurt my feelings and many here who have applied to those unis. I demand an immediate apology from you.

nowhere did I say that Kings was the best for law. I said that Kings, (after hearing and watching audio/video lectures from LSE, UCL, SOAS and Queen Mary that my friends in those unis had kindly emailed me) for me, was the best for law because the lecturers from Kings
1) spoke in good British english
2) were able to sustain my attention span
3) were able to use wide vocabulary
4) gave timely breaks and a whole lot more.

International students from outside of Europe will definitely value my output when wanting to firm their 1st and 2nd uni choices. I'm certain they don't want to get into some uni based on rankings and reputation (as many on this forum only seem to be greatly interested in) only to find that they cannot make sense of what the lecturers are saying :eek:

You harp on uni rankings and reputation. I am more concerned with the level of teaching quality.
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
I applied on the 5th of November and have received like 3 mails the last of which is the 8 week mail ( which expires next week). What are your predicted grades? Also for lse the longer they have you app the better it is so good luck!

Yeah, all friends have had several emails with updates but I've only had the one 5 days after applying saying 2 weeks. I'm predicted A*A*A*. Oh really? How come it's better? Thank you for info and good luck to you too!
Original post by Sarah78615
Well done!!! :smile:

Which books did you read and mention on your personal statement?

Any tips?

I'll PM you.
Original post by fire_and_ice
How did you find the LNAT?

I thought it went quite well in the essay section, but a bit ambivalent on the multiple choice questions; I do English Literature so often have to skim read texts for crucial details so I'm quite accustomed to it! I'm always anticipating the worst though - pessimistic to the core! :tongue:
How about you?
I've received an update email from KCL - regarding either a decision or message and I've checked the portal, but nothing? :s-smilie:
Original post by Audrey18

6) I shall cease further participation on this thread. To see aspiring law students post replies unbecoming of quality law students, has given me headaches. I must rest now.

You plan to become a quality law student and you value teaching quality but you applied to sunderland and birkbeck, lol okay. By the way Jiří Přibáň, from his wikipedia page, sounds quite intelligent. Have some respect and get over yourself.
Just got an offer from Bristol my favourite <3
just awaiting on Kings now ahhhhhhh

Latest

Trending

Trending