The Student Room Group

Sharing a studio apartment with your friend??

Hi guys, I haven't really seen people do it, but honestly me and my friend need a place to stay and we've been friend's for like 4 years and have no real other option because it's so expensive to get our own rooms. So is it actually allowed to share a studio appartment and just cut the cost between us? Perhaps one bank account can be used to take the rent and we just put the money into that account I don't know. But I mean I know my university has studio appartments for couples so I guess studio appartments are for those with money, need space, or.. well.. wanna move in with their bae's.

Anyway, any help would be great. (Can't take another year of commuting it's driving me crazy omg.) THANKS A LOT. XX
Original post by vickyNeal18
Hi guys, I haven't really seen people do it, but honestly me and my friend need a place to stay and we've been friend's for like 4 years and have no real other option because it's so expensive to get our own rooms. So is it actually allowed to share a studio appartment and just cut the cost between us? Perhaps one bank account can be used to take the rent and we just put the money into that account I don't know. But I mean I know my university has studio appartments for couples so I guess studio appartments are for those with money, need space, or.. well.. wanna move in with their bae's.

Anyway, any help would be great. (Can't take another year of commuting it's driving me crazy omg.) THANKS A LOT. XX

It would be up to the landlords really if they would be comfortable with that arrangement. Generally studios will just have the one double bed so that's also something to consider. Double check the prices of 1/2 bed flats that accept students, we live in a 2 bed for less than halls studios costs so it's not impossible to see if private rent flats could be an option ?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
It would be up to the landlords really if they would be comfortable with that arrangement. Generally studios will just have the one double bed so that's also something to consider. Double check the prices of 1/2 bed flats that accept students, we live in a 2 bed for less than halls studios costs so it's not impossible to see if private rent flats could be an option ?

Nah man I've looked all over the place, Stratford is an extremely expensive area. This is the cheapest thing.
Nah man I've looked all over the place, Stratford is an extremely expensive area. This is the cheapest thing.

Think your best bet is to just contact the landlords of places you re interested in and ask, I don't think a university owned studio would let you have an extra bed in there though.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Think your best bet is to just contact the landlords of places you re interested in and ask, I don't think a university owned studio would let you have an extra bed in there though.

Well It's a halls one, but I don't think it's a specific university's one. It's like a multi-uni-dorm? But we'd just share the double bed to be honest. But yeah thanks, think i'll throw them an email now.

I would seriously think twice before I shared a studio flat with a friend- this would mean having no personal space whatsoever and could impact on your friendship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending