The Student Room Group

Are men or women more abusive in relationships?

Poll

Choose the truthful statement after following the steps:

Please do the following:

1) Answer the title question in your head (no sitting on the fence!)
2) Check the spoiler below to see if it agrees with you
3) Place the truthful statement in the poll above

Spoiler

Also feel free to discuss the question in this thread and any implications it may have on your life.

Edit: Looks like we're getting some very clear results early on. Very interesting I must say :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

So according to the study, more violence was done to men, but more severe violence done to women?

(Because I'm assuming if over 40% of severe violence was done by women, over 50% must have been done by men. I apologize if this study had many many different genders.)

That still seems pretty good given the difference in size between men and women. Women appear to be giving as good as they're getting but instigating it more, so... Yay? We're equal now?
Reply 2
wait... the spoiler can agree and disagree with you for the same answer :O?

really thought it was men ._. maybe cos women are more vocal about it and all those leaflets adverts etc are targeted towards women/ star women in them as victims
Ffs it is not a competition to be the most victimised :facepalm:

Domestic violence is wrong per se! I know you or other posters are going to say 'oh there's no harm discussing the matter' yes there is when you make it into a men vs women issue it ****s all over the fact that a victim is a victim.
Reply 4
Why is there a none of the above option or an I don't care option? Or an equal option ?

Why is it written as in I thought as well? Why the word thought?

Do you think the voters have already changed their minds because of your poll ? Have you enlightened us with new information?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
The poll is flawed, how can the spoiler agree with you if you dont agree...
men r more violent... no matter what!!!!
Reply 7
Original post by ThatOldGuy
So according to the study, more violence was done to men, but more severe violence done to women?

(Because I'm assuming if over 40% of severe violence was done by women, over 50% must have been done by men. I apologize if this study had many many different genders.)

That still seems pretty good given the difference in size between men and women. Women appear to be giving as good as they're getting but instigating it more, so... Yay? We're equal now?

I don't think you can assume in these types of studies :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Little Popcorns

Domestic violence is wrong per se! I know you or other posters are going to say 'oh there's no harm discussing the matter' yes there is when you make it into a men vs women issue it ****s all over the fact that a victim is a victim.

If you ever spoke to a feminist or read any feminist writing, feminazi literature you really would think it's a competition.

I've never seen a group so ready to be victims. If they had an olympics for self victimization the feminists would win all the gold medals.
(edited 8 years ago)

Come on guys we have got to start beating the women!
Reply 10
Original post by fatima1998

Ahahha what lies lool
Reply 11
Original post by z33
wait... the spoiler can agree and disagree with you for the same answer :O?

really thought it was men ._. maybe cos women are more vocal about it and all those leaflets adverts etc are targeted towards women/ star women in them as victims

Well observed have some rep :P

Also from reading around this subject briefly it appears that's a valid conclusion others have come to.
This can't be decided without proper research and half of the time participants lie which distorts the findings. Don't think we'll ever know what goes on behind closed doors in relationships.

disagree on so many levels
Original post by Mancini
Ahahha what lies lool

c'mon mate, men r more violent in relationships than women and it's obvious... i have seen and heard about many relationship experiences suggests that men are violent
Original post by xylas
I don't think you can assume in these types of studies :smile:

I also forgot it doesn't have to be women-on-men or men-on-women violence, so this study could be:

men-on-men(Apparently small).
Women-on-women(Unknown)
Men-on-women(Unknown)
Genderless-on-men.
Genderless-on-women
Genderless-on-genderless
Men-on-genderless
Women-on-genderless

Also, Russia refers to itself as the Motherland, right? So any actions of Russian aggression would count as female violence, right? Because we don't want to question Russia's life-choices?

I'm so confused. I can't remember my primer-to-modern-genders!
Reply 16
c'mon mate, men r more violent in relationships than women and it's obvious... i have seen and heard about many relationship experiences suggests that men are violent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ27W2K12fk
Reply 17

You are stupid lol
Reply 18

I didn't actually make this thread just from my brain, a discussion with someone on another thread naturally led to me seeking opinions from others.

Original post by Mancini
Why is there a none of the above option or an I don't care option? Or an equal option ?

Because if you want to sit on a fence get off your device and go outside!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Ekno
The poll is flawed, how can the spoiler agree with you if you dont agree...

Well no one's chosen that option yet so maybe it isn't flawed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending