The Student Room Group

Have you ever ghosted someone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by acupofgreentea
And you know this from not knowing this person at all and having interacted with me through a couple of posts?

If you want to believe that, fine. I'm fine with the decision I've made because I know it was warranted.

Also, I will repeat - just because you can call someone something doesn't mean you have the right to. I've been nothing but polite to you.

Don't bother. I've had these arguments with the poster before, it's honestly more trouble than it's worth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Don't bother. I've had these arguments with the poster before, it's honestly more trouble than it's worth

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'm not going to reply anymore. I honestly don't understand the need in being so rude.
Reply 62
Yeah, I'm not going to reply anymore. I honestly don't understand the need in being so rude.

Agreed

Thought you might've appreciated how I declared my entrance:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, when it became apparent that the guy was all sorts of awful - constantly spouting racist, xenophobic, sexist crap and then being a tool when called out. Like get tf out my life. :hand:
Reply 64

I don't understand what Andy98 is talking about , he must have me confused with somebody else lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
I find this hard to believe little popcorn.
You would because you're tied up in the internet world where every girl that shows support for another is immediately a man hater and doesn't have any men they love in their life, no dads, brothers, male friends that they care about and would support the same as their female equivalents (their mum, their sister, their female friends).

Sorry but that's a reality as is the situation I just recounted I could get him to vouch for it but of course I would never do something so insensitive just to win a debate.
Reply 66
Original post by Star-girl
Yes, when it became apparent that the guy was all sorts of awful - constantly spouting racist, xenophobic, sexist crap and then being a tool when called out. Like get tf out my life. :hand:

How the fck did you meet a friend like that ?
Reply 67
Original post by Little Popcorns
You would because you're tied up in the internet world where every girl that shows support for another is immediately a man hater and doesn't have any men they love in their life, no dads, brothers, male friends that they care about and would support the same as their female equivalents (their mum, their sister, their female friends).

Sorry but that's a reality as is the situation I just recounted I could get him to vouch for it but of course I would never do something so insensitive just to win a debate.

Lil popcorn I find it hard to believe because I know you are a bitch.

You actually think this is a debate lol
Original post by Mancini
Lil popcorn I find it hard to believe because I know you are a bitch.

You actually think this is a debate lol

You know me? Yeah we're close aren't we :rolleyes:
Original post by Mancini
How the fck did you meet a friend like that ?

Unfortunately we went to the same school and sixth form. :nothing:
Original post by Andy98
Agreed

Thought you might've appreciated how I declared my entrance:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did indeed. :wink:

Thank you, you're like my knight in shining armour. :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 71
I did indeed. :wink:

Thank you, you're like my knight in shining armour. :swoon:

Oooh, that's.... Interesting:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by Star-girl
Unfortunately we went to the same school and sixth form. :nothing:

See you ghosted his friend yeah , you took him/her out of your life but you never told them why. You never gave them a mouth full , so who knows if this person has even changed to a better person. They could still be of the same psychology right now because you ghosted them instead of letting them know that they're an idiot.

You see we are not here in this world simply to hide we are here to shine a light and change others. Hopefully you don't just hide away in future , not that I'm saying you're literally hiding but in ghosting all you are doing in a way is running away.
Original post by Mancini
See you ghosted his friend yeah , you took him/her out of your life but you never told them why. You never gave them a mouth full , so who knows if this person has even changed to a better person. They could still be of the same psychology right now because you ghosted them instead of letting them know that they're an idiot.

You see we are not here in this world simply to hide we are here to shine a light and change others. Hopefully you don't just hide away in future , not that I'm saying you're literally hiding but in ghosting all you are doing in a way is running away.

Er what? I tried with this guy for over a year and got the same old response. Then he started joking about people dying and mocking me for being upset and at this point I was done with his foolery. Plus I told him exactly why before I ghosted him.
(edited 8 years ago)
Never done it to anyone. I've kept up contact, even with people I didn't particularly like, just for the sake of it. If you don't have much in common slowly the friendship fades away anyhow.
Not so much ghosted, but over time the conversations eventually devolve into nothing. The rare times I have felt mean I'd actually not block them so that they are aware that I've seen their message. It's usually if they've done something to upset me in some way.
ye, to a few people, most recent was when I was abroad and a former mate came to my house and asked my wife if I was at home, knowing I was abroad. the prick is lucky I haven't broken his ugly face
Reply 77
Original post by Anonymous
Someone you were fairly close to/got on well with.
Even someone you were dating?

If you have, why?

Those are High school games, it's a shame that some people bring it to their adult lives.... I think the mature thing to just do is be sincere and reply that "You're not interested / Don't want to be bothered at all" the way I see it.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
Luke 6:31
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 78
is this thread still live?
to be fair, we all ghost someone before.

- annoying friends who cause troubles, fail to pay debt,...
- parents
- grandparents.
- ex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending