The Student Room Group

Question about sending results certificate

Hi all, I have a serious concern - would appreciate some insight.

I did my A-levels a few years ago. Was in a horrible mental state. Ended up with only 2 A-levels, B and C.

Fast-forward to now: I've been working a few years, found an area I love, applied for the relevant degree. I am WAY below their entry req. (100 points below) but have a lot of relevant work experience/ passion. I've got a conditional offer, just need to send my old certificates.

During my A2 year, I resat 2 exams from AS. I gave up during those 2 exams and didn't write anything. My A2 certificate shows two horrible 'U' results from those modules. All other modules are decent, even a couple of 'A's.

I'm terrified that when I send my A2 certificate, my Uni will see those ugly 'U's from two modules and rethink/withdraw their offer. Could this happen? They already know my overall grades .

I mean, apparently UCAS also sends module results along with overall results. Maybe they've already seen my shame. But is it different for 'old' results (4 years ago?). Maybe it will be news to the Uni, bad news at that.

Please advise!
Original post by DayvanCowboy
Hi all, I have a serious concern - would appreciate some insight.

I did my A-levels a few years ago. Was in a horrible mental state. Ended up with only 2 A-levels, B and C.

Fast-forward to now: I've been working a few years, found an area I love, applied for the relevant degree. I am WAY below their entry req. (100 points below) but have a lot of relevant work experience/ passion. I've got a conditional offer, just need to send my old certificates.

During my A2 year, I resat 2 exams from AS. I gave up during those 2 exams and didn't write anything. My A2 certificate shows two horrible 'U' results from those modules. All other modules are decent, even a couple of 'A's.

I'm terrified that when I send my A2 certificate, my Uni will see those ugly 'U's from two modules and rethink/withdraw their offer. Could this happen? They already know my overall grades .

I mean, apparently UCAS also sends module results along with overall results. Maybe they've already seen my shame. But is it different for 'old' results (4 years ago?). Maybe it will be news to the Uni, bad news at that.

Please advise!

If your overall grades are as you declared on your application they won't give a **** about the module results (if they did they would have asked for those details BEFORE making an offer). If anything good grades with a couple of Us can be more promising than middling grades across all modules.

Don't worry.
Original post by PQ
If your overall grades are as you declared on your application they won't give a **** about the module results (if they did they would have asked for those details BEFORE making an offer). If anything good grades with a couple of Us can be more promising than middling grades across all modules.

Don't worry.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

I agree that, in most cases, it seems like they wouldn't care about the modules. But I just think that, if they're not getting my (quite old) results from UCAS, and I'm sending them for the first time... it gives me a really bad image if they see those sh***y U's appear.

I guess my bottom-line question is: would my Uni have ALREADY received module results from UCAS (from 4 year old exams)? Or is my sending the certificate the ONLY confirmation they will get?

Has anyone had experience with admissions to comment on that?
Original post by DayvanCowboy
Thanks for taking time to reply.

I agree that, in most cases, it seems like they wouldn't care about the modules. But I just think that, if they're not getting my (quite old) results from UCAS, and I'm sending them for the first time... it gives me a really bad image if they see those sh***y U's appear.

I guess my bottom-line question is: would my Uni have ALREADY received module results from UCAS (from 4 year old exams)? Or is my sending the certificate the ONLY confirmation they will get?

Has anyone had experience with admissions to comment on that?

Only live results come through from UCAS on results day. Historical results have to be confirmed with certificates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending