The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hell no, whether they are 15 or 25 no child of mine is going to have sex under my roof :naughty:
Reply 81
For every "I'd rather it was in my house than a strangers house" parent out there; remember you're then allowing the likely 15 year old boy to have sex in a strangers house.

No, I'd make her wait to 16 before having boys sleep over. After that she can do whatever she wants.
Reply 82
16+ only
Reply 83
If they're at the stage where they wanna have sex and have someone who wants to with them... then yes I would if it's a caring boyfriend, not some random hook up. I would have a serious convo about safe sex and being ready but ultimately I'd rather they do it there than some back alley cos they can't do it anywhere else. If they want sex it'll happen.
Reply 84
Original post by stop888
Hell no, whether they are 15 or 25 no child of mine is going to have sex under my roof :naughty:

Are you serious? how immature!
Original post by Moura
Are you serious? how immature!

What? How is that immature? :erm:
Reply 86
Original post by stop888
What? How is that immature? :erm:

I just think having such a prudish attitude towards sex is immature... it's a natural and completely normal activity... if you are so disgusted by it you wouldn't "allow" your 25 year old daughter to have sex in your house then I think that's a pretty immature view of sex.
Original post by Moura
I just think having such a prudish attitude towards sex is immature... it's a natural and completely normal activity... if you are so disgusted by it you wouldn't "allow" your 25 year old daughter to have sex in your house then I think that's a pretty immature view of sex.

Where did i say it's not natural and normal? Jeeze. Putting words into my mouth are we? If my daughter/son wants to have sex with their partner they will do it in the privacy of their own homes. They can have sex but not under my roof. End of.
(edited 8 years ago)
Noo, she will have ingrained morals, values and self respect taught by her religion and culture, inshallah, so wouldn't be doing **** like that.
Reply 89
Original post by stop888
Where did i say it's not natural and normal? Jeeze. Putting words into my mouth are we? If my daughter/son wants to have sex with their partner they will do it in the privacy of their own homes. They can have sex but not under my roof. End of.

Yeah but why not under your own roof? What's the big deal?
Original post by Moura
Yeah but why not under your own roof? What's the big deal?

It's disrespectful...
Age is just a word not a number. However any holes a goal, so shag on daughter!!!!
Original post by Ribbit1234
Wtffff And I guess you'd encourage her and probably want to join in too?? White people are crazyy..smh

I think he's joking...but if he's not :eek:
Original post by TrotskyiteRebel
Another option is to tell her to not have sex at all. If you do the right upbringing then they won't even have sex at 15. I believe chastity should be encouraged. In America, a 2001 study showed that 70% of women have not had sex before marriage obviously now it's much less than that but this shows that in a more conservative society with the right values such things will not happen. Such values you talked about only made us the country with the highest rate of teen pregnancy in Europe whereas US has waaaaaaaaay less pregnant teens than we do.

Yeah not like america has a massive under-age pregnancy problem at all......
Original post by stop888
I think he's joking...but if he's not :eek:

Nah He'd probably give his daughter condoms at 13 to tell her to be safe and then tell her how proud he is of her..
So someone told me that she used to have sex with her boyfriend at 15 years old while her parents were home. And that sometimes he stayed over. In that moment i tried to imagine my own future daughter and I really really tried to be liberal and open minded and that but I gathered I can not in any ways allow my daughter to have sex in my house. I will probably go kill the boyfriend with a hammer and watch him die. I don't care that I'll go to prison or anything. Would you allow that to happen?

Original post by PurplePixie96
I'd prefer my daughter and her partner to wait until they were both of legal age however I would rather them to have sex in a safe place rather than the middle god knows where. I'd also 300% discreetly buy condoms. Better safe sex that I'm not happy about than unsafe sex that they are trying to hide from me.

Original post by Emmiiellen
And this is why most girls are pregnant before 16. Parents are too harsh so they have to sneak around having sex willy nilly, not using protection an havings kids. Kids shouldnt be having kids, instead of discouraging sex, encourage safe sex, or you'll be a grandparent at 30. Smh.

a hammer man you need to wise up to get away with it kidnap, kill, encase in cement and sink
i'll agree with the second comment
i don't think it is most about 1-10% maybe
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I won't be driving my children to any abortion clinic because you can bet they won't be having sex and getting pregnant at 15, they will be studying, enjoying their youth...they will be children, like I was. You don't need to be having sex at 15. I didn't feel the need, at 15 (which wasn't that long ago thinking about it...) me and my friends were discovering the new found freedoms of being allowed to stay out later than usual, or having sleepovers, but I liked it that way, it's the innocence of childhood (slowly transitioning into adulthood), it should stay that way for as long as possible in my opinion. Why do you need to rush and lose your virginity at 15?

Anyway my children won't and I can promise you that, it's not because I will lock them in a cage and throw away every piece of freedom, but because I will care for them and I care about their future.

Ohhhh how naive..... I remember speaking to many parents who said such things..... despite knowing they were getting all sexed up in the local park. I remember one christian mother who stated how despite religious beliefs sex should wait until you're older and more mature.... despite her daughter, who also spouted the same rubbish, being the first one in our group at 14 to loose her virginity.

Guess what? 15 year old girls by large think they are much more mature than they actually are... it's why you see many chasing after guys much older... or heaven forbid teachers!

Also at 15 your "child" is definitely not a "child", kids that age used to die for their country and act like adults. Childhood ends around 10-11 for girls and 11-12 for boys on average. By 14 both would of entered adolescence.

I'm sure your view is most likely due to the fact you don't have any 15 year old children..... but calling a 15 year old a child is extremely condescending to any 15 year old....

The main reason many underage teenagers get pregnant is because many parents get too embarrassed or awkward talking to children about safe sex.... thus many children talk amoung themselves.... that's the main reason you still have teenagers who think you can't get pregnant standing up etc.... it's directly the parents fault for not arming their children with knowledge about safe sex.

If you don't talk to your kids about sex and safe sex.... it will most likely be one of their peers.... and I know who I would rather inform them.... the parent!
Another option is to tell her to not have sex at all. If you do the right upbringing then they won't even have sex at 15. I believe chastity should be encouraged. In America, a 2001 study showed that 70% of women have not had sex before marriage obviously now it's much less than that but this shows that in a more conservative society with the right values such things will not happen. Such values you talked about only made us the country with the highest rate of teen pregnancy in Europe whereas US has waaaaaaaaay less pregnant teens than we do.

You are hopelessly naive, just like all the other "I wouldn't let my teenager have sex" people in this thread.

And by the way, "abstinence only" sex education which you seem to touch upon has been proven to be ineffective at reducing STDs and teenage pregnancies in parts of the USA where it is used. Telling teenagers not to have sex does not work.
Original post by Reue
For every "I'd rather it was in my house than a strangers house" parent out there; remember you're then allowing the likely 15 year old boy to have sex in a strangers house.

No, I'd make her wait to 16 before having boys sleep over. After that she can do whatever she wants.

This is sort of what I was thinking.

You're facilitating someone who cannot legally give consent in having sex, it's a very questionable situation to be in.
I'd let them, and then be a voyeur :rofl:

Latest