The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
He's always been over-rated. Inherited a good side at Coventry.

He lifted us out of the disaster that the bald clown Thorn placed us in but you are right to say he was given a decent group to do it with. More shows how terrible Thorn was really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
He lifted us out of the disaster that the bald clown Thorn placed us in but you are right to say he was given a decent group to do it with. More shows how terrible Thorn was really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I don't really have any sympathy for Robins, in truth. Always struck me as a thoroughly unlikeable individual.

Wouldn't be surprised if Scunny appoint Cotterill.
Original post by Mackay
Yeah. I don't really have any sympathy for Robins, in truth. Always struck me as a thoroughly unlikeable individual.

Wouldn't be surprised if Scunny appoint Cotterill.

His famous quote at Cov was that he bled sky blue blood. A few weeks later he signed for Huddersfield.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We almost got through a transfer window without Will Hughes being linked somewhere. Apparently Everton are plotting a £10m bid.
Bolton unable to confirm whether they can pay their staff for January
image.jpg

*Sighs*

Spoiler

Original post by The Wavefunction
image.jpg

*Sighs*

Spoiler

A real shame - but a good piece on The Guardian today underlining how Leeds sell their best assets. Hopefully that highlights things and it begins to change.
Bradford's Parkinson needs to go same old boring tactics getting us nowhere
Original post by Mackay
A real shame - but a good piece on The Guardian today underlining how Leeds sell their best assets. Hopefully that highlights things and it begins to change.

Throw Gradel, Schmeichel and Tom Lees on top of them and you're only a left back and centre half away from a complete team. McCormack aside, the story is even worse when you see some of the prices we got for those lot.

Nothing will change will Cellino's reign continues. My only hope is that he pisses of before Cook, Taylor and Mowatt have had enough.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Throw Gradel, Schmeichel and Tom Lees on top of them and you're only a left back and centre half away from a complete team. McCormack aside, the story is even worse when you see some of the prices we got for those lot.

Nothing will change will Cellino's reign continues. My only hope is that he pisses of before Cook, Taylor and Mowatt have had enough.

McCormack was silly money, in fairness.

Fair play to Exeter fans. A long way for them to travel on a weeknight, but I was at Anfield tonight and they certainly enjoyed themselves. Their players seemed a little over-awed by the occasion, though, if we're being truthful.
Think there will be some more angry Leeds fan after yet another fixture change for Sky http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35363160
Original post by Rock Fan
Think there will be some more angry Leeds fan after yet another fixture change for Sky http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35363160

A group of 40 Norwegian Leeds fans booked flights for the Saturday.

16 fixtures have been moved as a result of Sky TV and their changes.
Tottenham tracking James Maddison at Coventry now, apparently. They've obviously been successful in loaning Alli back to the third tier, so you imagine if any deal was to be done he'd remain at the Ricoh until the end of 2016/17.
Original post by Mackay
Tottenham tracking James Maddison at Coventry now, apparently. They've obviously been successful in loaning Alli back to the third tier, so you imagine if any deal was to be done he'd remain at the Ricoh until the end of 2016/17.

Mowbray's view on it is that if he gets to spend a good proportion of any fee on the playing budget and we get him back on loan then it's a fair enough deal. Maddison hasn't actually played many pro games yet so would be wary of him ending up like Bigirimana and stagnating if he went too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mowbray's view on it is that if he gets to spend a good proportion of any fee on the playing budget and we get him back on loan then it's a fair enough deal. Maddison hasn't actually played many pro games yet so would be wary of him ending up like Bigirimana and stagnating if he went too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He'll stay at you for another 18 months, at least. I can't see a deal being done until the summer, but with the amount of PL clubs now rumoured to be in for him, you've got to say that the deal will likely happen. Tottenham/Coventry have strong links now, too, don't they? Grant Ward and Ruben Lameiras, Pleat watching them pretty much every week, Venus being mates with Spurs' back-room staff...
Original post by Mackay
He'll stay at you for another 18 months, at least. I can't see a deal being done until the summer, but with the amount of PL clubs now rumoured to be in for him, you've got to say that the deal will likely happen. Tottenham/Coventry have strong links now, too, don't they? Grant Ward and Ruben Lameiras, Pleat watching them pretty much every week, Venus being mates with Spurs' back-room staff...

Like Callum Wilson, Bigi, Cyrus Christie and so many others players who are clearly too good for the level don't stay there long. What is important is that we get the best possible deal. I know Mowbray wanted to get a formal arrangement with Spurs, don't know what came of it.

The longer we are in this division the less able we are to stop these players going. Half of Derby's current defence was in our relegation side for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kevin Nolan lands his first managerial role at Leyton Orient. Thought he'd go and save Bolton, no?

The longer we are in this division the less able we are to stop these players going. Half of Derby's current defence was in our relegation side for example.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed. You can also boast to adding millions of pounds onto Armstrong's value in the last five months alone.
Original post by shawn_o1
Kevin Nolan lands his first managerial role at Leyton Orient. Thought he'd go and save Bolton, no?

Think they are in a bigger mess at the minute Bolton.
Original post by shawn_o1

Doesn't strike me as someone with the right temperament for management, a bit like Roy Keane.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest