The Student Room Group

Sending my A-level certificates?

Hi all, I have a serious concern - would appreciate some insight.I did my A-levels a few years ago. Was in a horrible mental state. Ended up with only 2 A-levels, B and C.

Fast-forward to now: I've been working a few years, found an area I love, applied for the relevant degree. I am WAY below their entry req. (100 points below) but have a lot of relevant work experience/ passion. I've got a conditional offer, just need to send my old certificates.

During my A2 year, I resat 2 exams from AS. I gave up during those 2 exams and didn't write anything. My A2 certificate shows two horrible 'U' results from those modules. All other modules are decent, even a couple of 'A's.

I'm terrified that when I send my A2 certificate, my Uni will see those ugly 'U's from two modules and rethink/withdraw their offer. Could this happen? They already know my overall grades.

I mean, apparently UCAS also sends module results along with overall results. Maybe they've already seen my shame. But is it different for 'old' results (4 years ago?). Maybe it will be news to the Uni, bad news at that.Please advise!
Reply 1
Difficult, because you're supposed to declare all grades - including the Us - on your UCAS application. The way I see it, the university are guaranteed to find out. You need to work out how to manage this so that you're left in the most positive light.

In your position, I'd be proactive and up front. I'd phone the Admissions Office, explain that you made a mistake on your application, and ask their advice. If your offer has principally been made on work experience and enthusiasm, then your A Level results are probably just a tick box exercise anyway.

I think that sending in your certificates without comment and trusting to luck would be a mistake, but that's just my opinion.
Firstly, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Actually, for A levels you don't have to declare module results (with a few subject exceptions that don't apply to me).

In case it wasn't clear, I've already completed UCAS, in full. I've been sent an acceptance email. The only condition is that I must send my certificates.

I guess my bottom-line question is: would my Uni have ALREADY received module results from UCAS (for my 4 year old results)? Or is my sending the certificate the ONLY confirmation they will get?

Has anyone had experience with admissions to comment on that?
Original post by DayvanCowboy
I guess my bottom-line question is: would my Uni have ALREADY received module results from UCAS (for my 4 year old results)? Or is my sending the certificate the ONLY confirmation they will get?

I have no idea, maybe @PQ will know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending