The Student Room Group

Cameron to say face veils need to be removed for officials

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FluffyCherry

I agree with you but to some extent! I mean, ignoring people in general is obviously rude regardless of their background, and like someone has pointed out before, isn't that the same as talking on the phone, you can't see their facial expression too!

This has already been dismissed as the use of the phone is part of the agreed method of communication between the two parties but again I ask this simple question does a muslim women who wears the burka also wear it when answering the phone in her own home.

And quick question, if you ever worked as a cashier and a women wearing a niqab came up to you to ask you something, would you ignore her??

Yes or as I said I would turn my back to her so she couldn't see my face.

Once again, why the hell would that concern you????

Because sexual equality is a concern for most citizens in this country as is fighting to continually improve it.

Or do you think muslims should be able to opt out of sexual and race equality legislation?

If we want to ask for a female (even though we still can at the moment) then that's our choice, cos that would make us feel a lot more comfortable than having a man to check us. It has nothing to do with you, I mean would it affect you, ofc not! :colonhash:

Yes and it should also be the choice of the company to refuse this given they will also have to comply with equality legislation unless that is you don't think muslims should be part of this legislation
cos it's creepy, obv!!! :colonhash:

Would you ask for a different officer because one is too ugly and creeped you out?

Why do you distrust men so? Are men perverts and rapists until proven innocent?

What's creepy abut a man doing a job?
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Would you ask for a different officer because one is too ugly and creeped you out?

Why do you distrust men so? Are men perverts and rapists until proven innocent?

Also wonder if they think it would be OK to ask for a non Muslim because some people may find Muslims a little creepy
Original post by BaconandSauce
Also wonder if they think it would be OK to ask for a non Muslim because some people may find Muslims a little creepy

'a little' Lol.

And quick question, if you ever worked as a cashier and a women wearing a niqab came up to you to ask you something, would you ignore her??

Once again, why the hell would that concern you????

If we want to ask for a female (even though we still can at the moment) then that's our choice, cos that would make us feel a lot more comfortable than having a man to check us. It has nothing to do with you, I mean would it affect you, ofc not! :colonhash:

So if a white supremacist/racist in the UK refused to talk to a black or Asian police officer or whoever, that'd be perfectly fine with you, right? If s/he demanded to talk a white person only, that'd be their choice, right, and you wouldn't object. Only talking to white people makes them more comfortable and it has nothing to do with you. Why the hell would it concern you, after all? That's totally OK with you, I assume?
Reply 246
Why on earth would you find a man seeing your face "creepy"?
Reply 247
Yes or as I said I would turn my back to her so she couldn't see my face.
You could always keep a balaclava under the counter for interactions with niqabis. Or a bag with eye holes.

Let me get this straight. You think it's 'creepy' and indeed 'obviously' creepy for a male police officer to talk to you? Do you apply that to every situation? All male police officers are 'creepy' if they talk to women (or Muslim women)?

If someone here said that talking to a Muslim police officer is 'creepy', would you accept that?
Original post by QE2
You could always keep a balaclava under the counter for interactions with niqabis. Or a bag with eye holes.

True but I do think turning your back gives a very specific message. You can of course continue speaking to them but by not allowing them to see your face puts both of you on a equal terms
X

You're just talking NONSENSE! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: But once again, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU ..

You honestly should learn to mind your OWN business cos you seem to struggle with that :colonhash:and not interfere with other people's needs when it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!

It honestly feels useless debating with you, it's like I'm talking to a toddler who just doesn't seem to understand no matter what !! :rolleyes:
Reply 251
True but I do think turning your back gives a very specific message.
Be hard to operate the till though.
Original post by Achaea
Let me get this straight. You think it's 'creepy' and indeed 'obviously' creepy for a male police officer to talk to you? Do you apply that to every situation? All male police officers are 'creepy' if they talk to women (or Muslim women)?

If someone here said that talking to a Muslim police officer is 'creepy', would you accept that?

When the hell did I say that.. I said it's creepy if a man would check me!! :facepalm:
I'd prefer a lady to check me... When did I say anything about talking to a male officer:colonhash:
You're just talking NONSENSE! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: But once again, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU ..

You honestly should learn to mind your OWN business cos you seem to struggle with that :colonhash:and not interfere with other people's needs when it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!

It honestly feels useless debating with you, it's like I'm talking to a toddler who just doesn't seem to understand no matter what !! :rolleyes:

Oh dear. So you can't answer such a simple question such as 'does a burka wearer have to cover her face in her own home when on the phone'

Sexual and race equality is my business as it concerns all citizens of this country

But as we can see you are losing the argument so sadly revert to form

I'll say no more as you are more than capable of demonstrating the issues we are going to have with some of your community on your own.
When the hell did I say that.. I said it's creepy if a man would check me!! :facepalm:
I'd prefer a lady to check me... When did I say anything about talking to a male officer:colonhash:

And if someone finds it 'creepy' to be checked by a Muslim official, and demands someone else, that's totally fine with you, of course. After all, it's none of your business and has nothing to do with you (shall I put that all in capitals and in red the way you did?)
Original post by QE2
Be hard to operate the till though.

haha wonder if we can get legislation implemented to move the tills so turning your back can be accommodated as it is one of my deeply held beliefs:biggrin:
Reply 256
haha wonder if we can get legislation implemented to move the tills so turning your back can be accommodated as it is one of my deeply held beliefs:biggrin:
Clear discrimination and racism if they don't!
Reply 257

You aren't privileged because you are from another religion. You can't expect a female officer all the time, the majority of police are male. Legally if they require you to take it off, then you must.
Original post by QE2
Clear discrimination and racism if they don't!

I'm writing to my MP as we speak:biggrin:
Original post by sw651
You aren't privileged because you are from another religion. You can't expect a female officer all the time, the majority of police are male. Legally if they require you to take it off, then you must.

I just said the same thing in a previous post!:colonhash:

Well, if that was part of the law, and she had no other choice, then yes!It would be more preferable if a lady would confirm her identity instead, but if that option isn't available, then yes she'll have to take it off, but once again, wearing a niqab is not obligatory in Islam, so taking it off is permissible in Islam!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending