The Student Room Group

Family bullies me because of my acne...

TL;DR Okay
I've always struggle with my acne since year 8, tried everything, nothing worked etc
when I got to year 12 I found a routine that worked for me and my acne started cleaning up a lot, I had NO spots AT ALL and the scars were fading and my face was completely clear again

summer came and it was really bad and stressful and when A2 started I got even more stressed and now I'm SO STRESSED my spots are BACK, the routine stopped working and my face is ****ed up and sensitive and my weight has gone up and I'm just in the worst state

Spoiler

some family members came to visit from abroad and when they went home they told the rest of my family that my face was so disgusting it made them feel sick and they couldn't look at me and it was grossing them out so much they didn't wanna visit anymore

And I just had an argument with my mum about it she was like "why don't you use the medication why are you making them say things like this about you it's because you hate me" etc. etc. and I just walked away to my room
and I'm really hurt now :frown: :cry2:
Reply 1
**** forgot the TL;DR

TL;DR - acne came back because I'm stressed the **** out and family is giving me **** for it
Original post by Anonymous

some family members came to visit from abroad and when they went home they told the rest of my family that my face was so disgusting it made them feel sick and they couldn't look at me and it was grossing them out so much they didn't wanna visit anymore

how rude and shallow, I wouldn't class them as family
Reply 3
Take no notice. They're not worth your time.
Original post by Anonymous
x

Who cares about having spots? I'm sure that having acne wouldn't prevent you from achieving your dreams. Ignore what your family says, maybe even start pointing out their flaws.

About your acne, maybe try a different remedy (I hear tea tree oil is good, I think you can buy it from The Body Shop).
Reply 5
Original post by Mayhem™
how rude and shallow, I wouldn't class them as family

Original post by Ahem-
Take no notice. They're not worth your time.

Thanks guys :redface: I'll try but it just hurts you know? that your family would say that about you :frown:

Original post by homeland.lsw
Who cares about having spots? I'm sure that having acne wouldn't prevent you from achieving your dreams. Ignore what your family says, maybe even start pointing out their flaws.

About your acne, maybe try a different remedy (I hear tea tree oil is good, I think you can buy it from The Body Shop).

Thanks for the advice :redface:
Yeah I have a tea tree wash which used to work but I haven't tried the oil yet I'll try it :smile:
People like that are not worth your time. I understand, I've grown up with mild acne but last year my acne upped to moderate/severe. I would always gear stupid comments from relatives during family gatherings. I chose to ignore them mostly. Surround yourself with people that see beyond your acne. Not these shallow rude people. (You could also make snide comebacks next time too lol...I've done that a couple of times.)

Acne wise I swear by benozyl peroxide 5%. Put a thick layer on the affected areas in the night before you sleep and let it dry properly. Disclaimer - it does stain/bleach clothing! Hasn't got rid but my acne improved dramatically in like a week. Make sure you don't rub it in like a cream - let it dry!!
When you're riding off to uni on your magic carpet (A level results sheet) you can tell them to kiss your spots goodbye :ciao: they're not worth your time chica, and don't take it personally they're just being awfully shallow.
Reply 8
Original post by thecatwithnohat
When you're riding off to uni on your magic carpet (A level results sheet) you can tell them to kiss your spots goodbye :ciao: they're not worth your time chica, and don't take it personally they're just being awfully shallow.

hahaha awhhh thank you :redface: :biggrin:
i'll try :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest