The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not in a million years
Original post by Hydeman
Prude. :u:

Can I just say(even though this has't been addressed to me, but I have been called one on this thread), right now, I don't think it's that bad to be a prude anymore :colonhash: if it means my child won't be having her vagina penetrated at 15 then I am the biggest prude in the world :colonhash:
Original post by moezoeboe
The ends justify the means.

Those three VMs on ethics were a waste, I see. :erm:

My own line on this: Kids will be kids. :')
I wouldn't want my daughter to go with anyone.
Say what now?
Original post by Hydeman
Those three VMs on ethics were a waste, I see. :erm:

My own line on this: Kids will be kids. :':wink:

Viddy won for a reason. :wink:

Murderers will be murderers, etc...
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Can I just say(even though this has't been addressed to me, but I have been called one on this thread), right now, I don't think it's that bad to be a prude anymore :colonhash: if it means my child won't be having her vagina penetrated at 15 then I am the biggest prude in the world :colonhash:

Fair enough. :smile:
Viddy won for a reason. :wink:

Murderers will be murderers, etc...

My team had multiple last minute drop-outs and one of the ones that stayed was a creationist who invoked Hitler and the Nazis... No way we were going to win after that, whatever I said. :tongue: Also, my VMs were specifically a critique of viddy's arguments...

Killing without consent =/= safe, consensual sex. :smile:
Typical racist Indian, then.

Umm.. How is that racist. It's pretty well known that white peoples/culture attitude towards sex is more relaxed than Indian or Asian culture
Original post by Hydeman
My team had multiple last minute drop-outs and one of the ones that stayed was a creationist who invoked Hitler and the Nazis... No way we were going to win after that, whatever I said. :tongue: Also, my VMs were specifically a critique of viddy's arguments...

Killing without consent =/= safe, consensual sex. :smile:

All I see are excuses.

I didn't say there were the same thing. But they share a similarity in that my 15 year old daughter will not be doing either of the two.
Original post by Ribbit1234
Umm.. How is that racist. It's pretty well known that white peoples/culture attitude towards sex is more relaxed than Indian or Asian culture

You stereotyped "gorahs" (white people).

That is literally no different to saying "it's mainly n*ggers okay with it, that's to be expected tho'.
All I see are excuses.

I didn't say there were the same thing. But they share a similarity in that my 15 year old daughter will not be doing either of the two.

If you'd read the VMs, perhaps you'd see that they're legitimate excuses. :dontknow: You try to recover from a team member making an argument that can be summarised as, 'it's wrong because Hitler agreed with it' and we'll see how you fare. :tongue:

You can't be sure of that. :dontknow:
Original post by TrotskyiteRebel
So someone told me that she used to have sex with her boyfriend at 15 years old while her parents were home. And that sometimes he stayed over. In that moment i tried to imagine my own future daughter and I really really tried to be liberal and open minded and that but I gathered I can not in any ways allow my daughter to have sex in my house. I will probably go kill the boyfriend with a hammer and watch him die. I don't care that I'll go to prison or anything. Would you allow that to happen?

pahahaha you must be having a laugh. She would get disowned the moment she finishes off a sentence that has the keywords 'sex' and 'boyfriend' in it.
Original post by Hydeman

You can't be sure of that. :dontknow:

You're right; she might commit murder, I guess.
No. I would only allow my daughter to have sex once she is at least 21 years old and married.
You're right; she might commit murder, I guess.

And the other thing too. :wink:

Like I said: kids will be kids. Their parents' socially conservative attitudes aren't going to hold them back unless you intend to never let them leave the house or interact with other people outside of school.
Original post by Hydeman

Like I said: kids will be kids. Their parents' socially conservative attitudes aren't going to hold them back unless you intend to never let them leave the house or interact with other people outside of school.

:smile:
Original post by AliRizzo
Disturbing to see the amount of people that are OK with this. I don't care if this comes across as harsh but if you're OK with your 15 y/o daughter getting fuc*ed in your own house then you don't deserve to have children. Absolutely spineless.

I wouldn't want my daughter OR son having sex at 15, however I'm not going to raise them the way my parents raised me- "SEX IS BAD, ONLY WHORES HAVE SEX THAT YOUNG, IF YOU DO THIS, THAT OR ANYTHING I WILL PUNISH YOU", because that makes sneaky kids who don't trust their parents and have emotional problems.
If my daughter/son wants to have sex at 15, I won't want them to because I did that and it's a stupid thing that you regret when you're older, but if I tell her she can't and demonise her or make it a taboo subject, she will end up in a park or in the bedroom of a 21-year-old without protection, and feel betrayed by her mother. So yes, I'd feel uncomfortable and unhappy, but at least my mind would be at ease knowing its with a boy I know, a boy who isn't pressuring her into anything, that she has protection and she can call for me anytime, and that she can talk to me about anything. I'd rather my certain 15-year-old daughter have sex in my house where I'm close by and she's safe, than have her resent me the way I resent my parents for demonising me for wanting to talk to them about these things, and turning to them with these problems.
So you're the spineless one. You want your kids to trust you? Trust them. You have the nerve to tell people they don't deserve kids for wanting their kids to be safe and trusting of their parents. Wow. :-)
:smile:

Well, aren't your kids lucky... :tongue:
Original post by Werka_Zal
I wouldn't want my daughter OR son having sex at 15, however I'm not going to raise them the way my parents raised me- "SEX IS BAD, ONLY WHORES HAVE SEX THAT YOUNG, IF YOU DO THIS, THAT OR ANYTHING I WILL PUNISH YOU", because that makes sneaky kids who don't trust their parents and have emotional problems.
If my daughter/son wants to have sex at 15, I won't want them to because I did that and it's a stupid thing that you regret when you're older, but if I tell her she can't and demonise her or make it a taboo subject, she will end up in a park or in the bedroom of a 21-year-old without protection, and feel betrayed by her mother. So yes, I'd feel uncomfortable and unhappy, but at least my mind would be at ease knowing its with a boy I know, a boy who isn't pressuring her into anything, that she has protection and she can call for me anytime, and that she can talk to me about anything. I'd rather my certain 15-year-old daughter have sex in my house where I'm close by and she's safe, than have her resent me the way I resent my parents for demonising me for wanting to talk to them about these things, and turning to them with these problems.
So you're the spineless one. You want your kids to trust you? Trust them. You have the nerve to tell people they don't deserve kids for wanting their kids to be safe and trusting of their parents. Wow. :-)

Why are you making assumptions for? Where in my post did I indicate that I would punish my daughter for it? You're an idiot. In fact your entire post is made up of things I never said at all. Taboo? Demonising? Where are you getting this from? I never said I would turn away my child or beat them if they wanted to talk about sex, it's natural and they need to learn.

Kids are young, innocent and ignorant. The majority of the time they do not know what is right and what is wrong and they need to be educated. You have to teach them. No one said anything about instilling fear in them, but if this is an effective method then so be it.

Your mind would be at ease knowing that, although having underage sex and being exposed to things beyond their understanding, you'd be okay with it knowing that it's safe and with a boy you know? NOTE THAT SHE IS 15 YEARS OLD, and I'm assuming he is too. You don't know him at all for fu*ks sake, he's 15 you ignorant prick. You can't always let them have what they want if it's not right for them. You're the kind of weak parent who will let your kid walk all over you, I'm sure.

Just because you're messed up and have your own personal issues and traumatic experiences it doesn't mean everyone else does and should be treated in the same way. You obviously haven't grown up at all and still have a lot to learn.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending