The Student Room Group

How bad is having sex before marriage to God?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by enaayrah
Yeah, it's just that marriage is essentially a lifetime thing and getting divorced over sex makes the whole process seem like a huge waste of time really

I won't say anymore though :redface:

Wait did this actually happen to you

LOL

I've heard married people don't have much sex anyways
Original post by Das Ich Man
Wait did this actually happen to you

LOL

I've heard married people don't have much sex anyways

I'm only 18!

But still imagine 'saving yourself' all your time before marriage and it being the most unclimatic thing :indiff: Then, having to live with that..
The point of no sex outside marriage is to ensure anyone who becomes a parent is already locked into a binding child-raising contract so fatherless kids aren't a burden on the community.

Reliable contraception obviates the need for no sex outside marriage rules. Thou shalt not lie with a (wo)man save that ye be married becomes thou shalt not lie with a (wo)man save that you have 2 sesterces for the condom machine.

Therefore if Allah is rational he should be as fine with you going on the pill or using a condom as he is with you going at it in marriage. It's just that in the Arabian desert in 600 AD the closest they got to a condom was a tied off camel's intestine.
Original post by Josb
You don't even assume your beliefs, so we should all disregard them by the simple fact that you are anonymous.

its because people get so worked up over threads like this and its annoying getting so many notifications, i dont understand why it should be disregarded when the person who started the thread is also on anonymous but its fine because i didn't post it for you anyway.

and, can you explain the first part of what you said?
Reply 44
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 18 and Muslim. I've been having a hard time thinking how bad sex before marriage really is. I don't mean like sleeping around, but like if you're in a relationship and really love your partner. Some people are more happy and in love in a non-married relationship than in a married one, so why does God frown on sex before marriage. In addition, some people have more commitment in a non-married relationship than in a married one. idk really would like to hear some peoples opinions.

Please don't waste your life worrying over such trifles.
Not bad at all because Allah isn't real. And if he were he wouldn't give us sexual urges and then punish us for acting on them.
Original post by Plumstone
I think that a loving, all-knowing God would want us to be happy, as long as we are respectful of ourselves and our fellow creatures.

The problem for the OP is that the Abrahamic god is not all-loving. It is vengeful, nasty and barbaric according to the scriptures which all adherents implicitly believe for superstitious reasons.
Original post by scrotgrot
The point of no sex outside marriage is to ensure anyone who becomes a parent is already locked into a binding child-raising contract so fatherless kids aren't a burden on the community.

Reliable contraception obviates the need for no sex outside marriage rules. Thou shalt not lie with a (wo)man save that ye be married becomes thou shalt not lie with a (wo)man save that you have 2 sesterces for the condom machine.

Therefore if Allah is rational he should be as fine with you going on the pill or using a condom as he is with you going at it in marriage. It's just that in the Arabian desert in 600 AD the closest they got to a condom was a tied off camel's intestine.

wow u need to stfu. iv got 3 kids and two of them have the same dad and he isnt around but are my kids aburden on the community? nope. c***s like you are spouting your religious bull**** and ramming it down peoples throats
Why doesn't matter what they're like in bed?
Does the sex have to be good?
You should just enjoy the company.

It sounds like you've never been in a relationship or know what they realistically entail.
Reply 49
its because people get so worked up over threads like this and its annoying getting so many notifications, i dont understand why it should be disregarded when the person who started the thread is also on anonymous but its fine because i didn't post it for you anyway.

and, can you explain the first part of what you said?

OP is not trying to convince anybody.
They could but what if they just don't click? :confused:

Oh please don't be so naïve

Bitch, I'm not being naive.
You have delusions of grandeur.
Original post by shawtyb
wow u need to stfu. iv got 3 kids and two of them have the same dad and he isnt around but are my kids aburden on the community? nope. c***s like you are spouting your religious bull**** and ramming it down peoples throats

No you're right, they're not, because these days we have the welfare state, housework is not gruelling and most paid jobs are non-physical, so even mothers can earn a wage. In Arabia in the seventh century, however, it was a rather different matter - as it was even in the West in fact, right up until the war. After that the expansion of the welfare state, homewares, contraception, knowledge economy, obstetric and neonatal care in the West made single mothers and fornicators no burden.

Not sure why you think I am religious...
It sounds like you've never been in a relationship or know what they realistically entail.

It seems as though you've only be in one relationship..
#expert
Original post by scrotgrot
No you're right, they're not, because these days we have the welfare state, housework is not gruelling and most paid jobs are non-physical, so even mothers can earn a wage. In Arabia in the seventh century, however, it was a rather different matter - as it was even in the West in fact, right up until the war. After that the expansion of the welfare state, homewares, contraception, knowledge economy, obstetric and neonatal care in the West made single mothers and fornicators no burden.

Not sure why you think I am religious...

sorry skimmed the post, thought u was bitching about mothers with bastard kids (kids from non marriage r.ships)

That one relationship you were in when you were 6 doesn't count.
Ever heard of jannah?

No? Is it some vague and ill thought out concept that promises something better to compensate you for nonsensical rules that no-one intelligent or sensible could believe in during the the here and now?

To prevent you making the here and now better yourself?

Trust me, sex before marriage is absolutely fantastic. Sex after marriage not so much. :biggrin:
It seems as though you've only be in one relationship..
#expert

Are you a virgin?

Apologies if you are not, you just so sound like one...
I'm only 18!

But still imagine 'saving yourself' all your time before marriage and it being the most unclimatic thing :indiff: Then, having to live with that..

Well you know people these days, some get married at 16 :gasp: (is this a thing), and your description of it being 'unclimatic' was most apt :biggrin:
That one relationship you were in when you were 6 doesn't count.

Talking about yourself again? And funny you say 6 when Muhammad married Aisha when she was 6

#awks!
It's very, very, very bad. It's one of the very worst things that you can do. It's not a matter of opinion. If it's something you consider doing, then surely you know that there is absolutely no way to say that there is a choice that allows you to do it. If you do it, it is very wrong and very bad. We can't question that, we're meant to accept it and follow it. It can be very difficult to resist the temptation, it's never easy, but you get rewarded for your patience. I'm sure you already know all of this as it is very obvious and wholly clear cut. It's very basic stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending