The Student Room Group

Can anyone describe surgery as gory and disgusting as possible?

Try a few lines in effort to make others cringe. Also, how could you describe needles piercing the skin in a cringy way?

Scroll to see replies

ermm which GCSE is this required for ? :holmes:
Original post by the bear
ermm which GCSE is this required for ? :holmes:

Lol speaking and listening english language.
Anyone? Mine doesn't sound very convincing lol.
It isn't disgusting or even particularly gory if it's done right.
Watch an episode or two of Holby City on iPlayer to give you some ideas
I know, but to catch the audience's attention I want to make it sound like the worst thing ever and then go on to talk about my fascination for surgery.

Original post by Democracy
It isn't disgusting or even particularly gory if it's done right.
Reply 7
Putting a toothpick in between your big toe nail and the toe, then kicking a door
Original post by tiffin_bits
Watch an episode or two of Holby City on iPlayer to give you some ideas

Lololol okay thanks

Original post by Ekno
Putting a toothpick in between your big toe nail and the toe, then kicking a door
Reply 10
Original post by geniequeen48
I know, but to catch the audience's attention I want to make it sound like the worst thing ever and then go on to talk about my fascination for surgery.

Why not back up your fascination with everything good about surgery, You could describe a horrid situation and how surgery fixes it.

This should have the same affect
Original post by ozmo19
Why not back up your fascination with everything good about surgery, You could describe a horrid situation and how surgery fixes it.

This should have the same affect

I will thank you :biggrin:
Consent form, with a massive list of things that could/have gone wrong in surgery.

For cataracts...
- Equipment to keep the eye open
- Drops in eye
- Needle in eye
- Conscious and looking out of eye still
- Scalpel (while looking out) in eye
- Sonic blasts to break it up
- Hoover broken bits

All while conscious. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
If you want gore, I say go for the eyes/face because that's probably the area humans are most squeamish about. Pictures of face surgeries are just about the one thing I can't stomach.

Or the digestive tract. Nothing better than breakfast spilling all over the table 'cause the surgeon's hand slipped. (What on earth is the context for this?)
Original post by XcitingStuart
Consent form, with a massive list of things that could/have gone wrong in surgery.

For cataracts...
- Equipment to keep the eye open
- Drops in eye
- Needle in eye
- Conscious and looking out of eye still
- Scalpel (while looking out) in eye
- Sonic blasts to break it up
- Hoover broken bits

All while conscious. :smile:

What if the patient's face was covered? Idk why but I find putting a needle in an eye very funny. It's like jelly or when playing with a fish's eye with a fork.
Oh okay, focus more on the face then cheers.
Original post by Another
If you want gore, I say go for the eyes/face because that's probably the area humans are most squeamish about. Pictures of face surgeries are just about the one thing I can't stomach.

Or the digestive tract. Nothing better than breakfast spilling all over the table 'cause the surgeon's hand slipped. (What on earth is the context for this?)
I cut my head and/or face open numerous times as a child and my mum would just use butterfly stitches and send me back out to play. It was a different time.
Original post by Ekno

Paper-cutting your penis head sounds better.
Reply 18
Original post by 0123456543210
Paper-cutting your penis head sounds better.

****, my legs crossed so quick reading that
Original post by Ekno
****, my legs crossed so quick reading that

Well, as a girl I can't really know how that feels, neither do I WANT to know lol. Plus, it's inappropriate.

Quick Reply

Latest