The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HollyA95
Yeah those who are younger than me in my class weren't able to do what I was doing during placement so I guess I was quite lucky. Yeah I can imagine that doing a placement at a hospital would be very different! I did look into it but was told that not many would accept me to do my placement there and that I wouldn't have much to do! Hopefully it will get better for you! I think this whole uni process as added stress to this year as well! Fingers crossed for you that you achieve your target grades :smile: Pretty far, I think it's about four ish hours by train, what about you?

Thankyou! I hope you get your grades too, and yes the uni process has caused added stress I will be so thankful when all the interviews are over and can relax over the summer! Wow that's a long way! it only takes me around 45 mins to get to bournmouth from where I am so not too bad :smile:
Reply 2081
Original post by Twigs84
Hi, I only just applied on the 130th of January for adult nursing at Keele and Lincoln, how long before they reply?

I applied for adult nursing at Keele and Lincoln as well at the end of December, and I've just got a response - got an interview for both :smile: sure you'll her back in no time!
I got an interview for Edinburgh Napier today, has anyone else had one or got one coming up? Do they have maths and English tests and what is the interview like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by izzy_jinks
I had one at DMU on Tuesday, they were lovely and so laid back.. the interview was more of a chat than anything! They reply quick, got back to me the day after

Hey, i had an interview for DMU yesterday, they are so lovely, but i havent heard anything yet! Dis you get an offer? What branch have tou applied to?x
Original post by crazycrazy
Hi

I've got an interview for Bedfordshire next week and DMU the week after has anyone else done interviews at these Unis?

Hi, I had an interview yesterday at DMU for child nursing. It went really well. I loved it and it was so relaxed! What branch are you applying for? X
Original post by Nat3001
I got an offer last week.
What feedback did you get from them?
Did you get to interview? Don't let a rejection get you down! Where else have you applied?

That they had limited places and it was such a competitive course, that's all they said. No they didn't even give me an interview :frown:
I feel like all my other ones are going to say the same thing. I applied for East Anglia, Oxford Brookes, City of London and Southbank.

Congrats on your offer, thats amazing!
Original post by ola_kovaci
That they had limited places and it was such a competitive course, that's all they said. No they didn't even give me an interview :frown:
I feel like all my other ones are going to say the same thing. I applied for East Anglia, Oxford Brookes, City of London and Southbank.

Congrats on your offer, thats amazing!

I thought I'd get rejected from all mine cos the first was a rejection but gotten 3 interviews since, so don't worry too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmawebb
Hi, I had an interview yesterday at DMU for child nursing. It went really well. I loved it and it was so relaxed! What branch are you applying for? X

Hi emma I did my tests today for child nursing at dmu. How long did you have to wait to hear back from them? xx
Original post by HSMITH33
Thankyou! I hope you get your grades too, and yes the uni process has caused added stress I will be so thankful when all the interviews are over and can relax over the summer! Wow that's a long way! it only takes me around 45 mins to get to bournmouth from where I am so not too bad :smile:

You're welcome and thanks :smile: Yeah it will be nice to relax a bit, I think once the interviews are out of the way I will feel less stressed! Yeah that pretty good! I'm hoping that the journey there will not be too bad! Where else did you end up applying to? :smile:
Hey, i had an interview for DMU yesterday, they are so lovely, but i havent heard anything yet! Dis you get an offer? What branch have tou applied to?x

I got an offer! Theu replied the day after for mental health nursing
You're welcome and thanks :smile: Yeah it will be nice to relax a bit, I think once the interviews are out of the way I will feel less stressed! Yeah that pretty good! I'm hoping that the journey there will not be too bad! Where else did you end up applying to? :smile:

I applied to Bournemouth, Southampton, Surrey, Kingston and kings college. Did you apply for anywhere else at all?
Original post by HSMITH33
I applied to Bournemouth, Southampton, Surrey, Kingston and kings college. Did you apply for anywhere else at all?

Oh cool! I applied to Canterbury, Brighton, Bournemouth, Surrey and Southampton :smile: Can't decide which one is my main one though, kind of just hoping that I will have options once I have attended all the interviews
I have an interview for nottingham on the 10th of feb and its my first ever interview, im so nervous!!! anyone else attending the selection day on the same day?
Oh cool! I applied to Canterbury, Brighton, Bournemouth, Surrey and Southampton :smile: Can't decide which one is my main one though, kind of just hoping that I will have options once I have attended all the interviews

Have you got interview dates for the others? my Surrey interview is on 14th March and southamptom is the 6th of Feb. and Same I am hoping to have a choice too of them all too :/ I really liked Surrey when I went to visit, I think Bournmouth and Surrey are my top at the moment but will just have to wait and see what happens :smile:
I did my teats on the same day as I came from Ireland! But i met a girl thete that sat hers last week. So not too long i think. Goodluck they are ao lovely there x

Original post by Becky_Ed
Hi emma I did my tests today for child nursing at dmu. How long did you have to wait to hear back from them? xx
Original post by e_llyn
I applied for adult nursing at Keele and Lincoln as well at the end of December, and I've just got a response - got an interview for both :smile: sure you'll her back in no time!

Thanks for the reply and good luck with the interviews 😊 let me know how the interviews go if you can please
Original post by Anitadonkor
Hello sorry to bother you. West London is also my last choice remaining. How was the maths and English?

This is my only option left T.T if not I have to try from extras and clearing, hope it goes smooth :frown:

Maths and English are pretty easy as you get to use the calculator, they're all basic maths questions like add, subtract, multiply, fractions and percentages. For english it's like essay based, you have to choose one scenarios from the 2 and explain what you would do, you basically show how you'd demonstrate 6C's. Good luck even tho it's your last choice haha :smile:
Original post by izzy_jinks
I had one at DMU on Tuesday, they were lovely and so laid back.. the interview was more of a chat than anything! They reply quick, got back to me the day after

Thanks for replying did you have the tests on the same day? How long was the face to face interview ? Next day is quick I take it you got an offer x

Hi , I've applied for adult nursing. Did you have your test and interview on the same day? How long did your one to one interview last?
Bedfordshire sent an email today inviting me to an interview they have then updated it on track has anyone else had this? Non of my other unis had done this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending