The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Best guppy
Thanks folks. I'm clearly in the special early reject pile 😞

That sucks. Falcon never even bothered to contact me at all - despite all other unsuccessful candidates getting a letter, apparently. So I must have been in the special 'not even worth the price of postage' pile there :smile:
Original post by LegalLab
I haven't received anything yet...

Nope.
Best of luck to the successful. Prepare to be tested (if it is anything like last year).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why, what happened last year? Is it an intense process?
Original post by Nordic
Has anyone else gotten one?

I haven't received anything yet...

Original post by bookladder
Nope.

Me neither... I'm tempted to be hopeful for good news, though my brain is saying it's more likely that they just haven't gotten around to personalising all the rejections yet. I do feel like I'll be checking my email every 5 minutes tomorrow though!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by preabogada
I cannot recall the word count at this very moment but I used about a page. I began with why company law/chancery+commercial, my suitability and why Erskine's.

Cool, same here on all counts. I only asked as I was a bit worried I'd written too much/misinterpreted the question, but looks like it was the right way to go.
Original post by LadyLaw23
Me neither... I'm tempted to be hopeful for good news, though my brain is saying it's more likely that they just haven't gotten around to personalising all the rejections yet. I do feel like I'll be checking my email every 5 minutes tomorrow though!

That's exactly what I'm thinking, trying not to get too hopeful! Although I hope we hear something tomorrow in order that arrangements can be made if necessary! But that's me being VERY optimistic :tongue:
That's exactly what I'm thinking, trying not to get too hopeful! Although I hope we hear something tomorrow in order that arrangements can be made if necessary! But that's me being VERY optimistic :tongue:

+1
Reply 167

The struggle is real.
Thanks folks. I'm clearly in the special early reject pile 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, I was too.

Did anyone ITT get an interview?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Don't worry, I was too.

Did anyone ITT get an interview?

ITT??

Edit: Nevermind, just figured it out (I'm assuming In This Thread)

And commiserations
(edited 8 years ago)
ITT??

Edit: Nevermind, just figured it out (I'm assuming In This Thread)

And commiserations

Don't worry, I feel comforted by the fact that they considered my application with 'great interest'. :smile:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Don't worry, I feel comforted by the fact that they considered my application with 'great interest'. :smile:

This thread is making me paranoid - I just went to double check today's post to make sure I hadn't missed anything! :colondollar:
Radcliffe rejection by email - seems they are getting through them slowly!
Reply 173
Original post by Aspiring Barista
Radcliffe rejection by email - seems they are getting through them slowly!

I'm assuming then that they are addressed individually? This is killing me. Worryingly so as pupillage season has just started :-/
Just got my rejection email from Radcliffe too. This pupillage application season is certainly letting me know that my own view of my abilities is somewhat too high :smile:
Is anyone else torn by the nearly obsessive need to check e-mail combined with the fear that all there will be is another rejection?

Some days you have to wonder why we put ourselves through it! 😫🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nordic
I'm assuming then that they are addressed individually? This is killing me. Worryingly so as pupillage season has just started :-/

Same here - I haven't received anything yet today...
Is anyone else torn by the nearly obsessive need to check e-mail combined with the fear that all there will be is another rejection?

Some days you have to wonder why we put ourselves through it! 😫🙏

Definitely, not to mention nearly jumping out of my chair every time my phone beeps at me with an email! Why indeed!
Radcliffe rejection just received. It appears that they also had 'great interest in my application'. :frown:

Trying to stay hopeful.
Rejections coming out from Radcliffe today - by personalised e-mail.

Best of luck to the successful. Prepare to be tested (if it is anything like last year).

Do you remember if they sent interview invites by post or email last year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending