The Student Room Group

Sensible people don't believe in God anymore

Do you agree with this statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

sensible people respect other people's beliefs
I actually disagree, I think the majority of the atheists I have met have such a superficial understanding of theology, philosophy and tradition that they are equally as ignorant as dogmatic theists.
Reply 3
Sensible people should know that we are all entitled to our beliefs.
Reply 4
Original post by Mayhem™

^^this
Reply 5
Religion has nothing to do with sensibility...
Certainly not! :noway: Judging others on the basis of religion is anything but sensible! :s-smilie:

People are entitled to their own religious beliefs :yep:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
OP is like *this gon be good*
Original post by Mayhem™

Do you respect adults who believe in unicorns and the tooth fairy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone believes he exists obviously, we all know that.
Reply 11
Original post by davidguettafan

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't bother me if they do. I continue my life as normal
Original post by UWS
It doesn't bother me if they do. I continue my life as normal

Cool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Whoops your thread kinda backfired on you lol
This thread isn't sensible.
I would say the most sensible people would accept agnosticism, but you know, people can believe what they want so long as it's not hurting anybody.

This argument's a bit weird. Most religious people see god as some kind of entity that exists in some sort of other plane of existence, whereas unicorns and the tooth fairy are something usually claimed to be on this physical world. Disproving the tooth fairy and unicorns are easy, 'cause you can just look at the earth and go "nah there's nothing there fam", but the same shouldn't be applied to God, really.
Sensible people accept that we do not know for sure if God exists - they may have a faith, but cannot say that God, for certain, does or does not exist. They are open to change.
Original post by EastGuava
Sensible people might believe in God: I don't think it's their fault if they were brought up in such a way and they haven't realised the error in their ways. This mainly goes for theists who don't really practise their religion.

You think it is just our upbringing? You really have no idea m8. I cannot describe to you why I believe, but trust me, If you humbly pray to God, you will almost certainly understand.
Do you agree with this statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no
Original post by FollowingJC24/7
You think it is just our upbringing? You really have no idea m8. I cannot describe to you why I believe, but trust me, If you humbly pray to God, you will almost certainly understand.

Why do you believe in God? Have you had a really easy life?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest