The Student Room Group

Need good way to learn spanish oral!!!

I need a good way to remember my spanish oral, i've been trying to learn it for over a week and i've only learnt half of it!! I cant just read it because i just get distracted...
Does anyone have any good ways of remembering their orals??
I cant just make it up on the spot cos i'll just panic and forget everything :smile:

Thanks in advance ...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Learning oral in July? :s-smilie:
I did French, but it's the same technique. This is how I learnt my French one:

1. Take the paragraph/answer/whatever (preferably written in pencil or a word processor) and read it aloud to yourself.
2. Delete/rub out the first sentence.
3. Try and remember the first sentence and then read the rest aloud.
4. Check to see if you got it right.
5. Get rid of the next sentence and repeat steps 3 and 4 until you can do the whole of it by heart.
6. Practice every day!

It won't work for everyone, and takes ages; but it worked for me (to the extent where I can still recall a few of my oral answers just over a year later!).

Hope this helps somewhat. :h:
Reply 3
Firaila
Learning oral in July? :s-smilie:

Yes i have no idea why, the day before the last day of term is when we have to do it !!
Reply 4
MadameBonheur
I did French, but it's the same technique. This is how I learnt my French one:

1. Take the paragraph/answer/whatever (preferably written in pencil or a word processor) and read it aloud to yourself.
2. Delete/rub out the first sentence.
3. Try and remember the first sentence and then read the rest aloud.
4. Check to see if you got it right.
5. Get rid of the next sentence and repeat steps 3 and 4 until you can do the whole of it by heart.
6. Practice every day!

It won't work for everyone, and takes ages; but it worked for me (to the extent where I can still recall a few of my oral answers just over a year later!).

Hope this helps somewhat. :h:

Thanks good idea but i only have a few days left, i'll try it on the next one :smile:
Reply 5
I don't know why, but for my Spanish oral walking around my room and saying the paragraph out loud repeatedly, was quite effective in remembering my answers!
sunny_veggies
Thanks good idea but i only have a few days left, i'll try it on the next one :smile:

You're welcome.
When I say it took ages, I meant a couple of hours (to learn roughly 20 small paragraphs), not a couple of days! Just wanted to clear that up in case I've caused any confusion. :o:
Reply 7
Write it out three times, say it out loud three times, if you don't know it by then just cross your fingers and hope for the best.
**** bitches and get money
this has heled me a great deal in my life and wit my spainish oral
Original post by blakmamuba
**** bitches and get money
this has heled me a great deal in my life and wit my spainish oral

heled

what does this mean?
Reply 10
Original post by beyknowles
what does this mean?

I think the p is probably missing. I.E. Helped.
This is the best advice I've ever had when it comes to learning an oral assessment, thankyou so much, you don't understand how helpful this method was!! :smile:
Reply 12
Does anyone have any tips to help me: I have 5 large paragraphs to learn and to speak to my teacher by this Thursday (3 days) and at the moment I have only been able to learn the first sentence:angry: Please help me coz im stressing out!! <3
Gather lots of spanish guys and practice on them individually, you should eventually see them finishing quicker as you practice more often :wink:
Reply 14
try and learn it like a story. an oral should fit together. learn it in keywords. for example if you think school you say "mi colegio es en ....." or "me gusta mi colegio porque los profesores son muy bien." This is actually part of how your mind works, I say the three little pig and then you know the story, because you remember it as a story it makes it fun and easier to remember.
You need to sing it to yourself that's what i used to do 😅
Original post by alecbax
try and learn it like a story. an oral should fit together. learn it in keywords. for example if you think school you say "mi colegio es en ....." or "me gusta mi colegio porque los profesores son muy bien." This is actually part of how your mind works, I say the three little pig and then you know the story, because you remember it as a story it makes it fun and easier to remember.

Your sentences are grammatically incorrect, it would be "mi colegio está en" and "me gusta mi colegio porque los profesores son muy buenos".
Looking at the title like :lolwut:
Try shouting it out to yourself, sentance by sentance. The first few times have it in front of you, but then start looking away, only looking at it if you have forgotten it. I am doing my Spanish speaking and my teacher got me to do it for a part i kept pronouncing wrong. I wasn't learning that part at the time, but when i got onto it, i knew it almost straight away.
Tape it to the outside of the shower and read it while taking your shower ( that's what I did for all my orals)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending