The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York

Offers?

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has received offers from York St John, I applied to do Business Management with Japanese and I was hoping to put them as my first choice but they haven't got back to me yet :frown: I hope I get an offer from them soooon, im so impatient haha

Scroll to see replies

i applied for TESOL and japanese and ive not heard anything yet. one guy on here has had an offer for tesol and jap though so it could be they're having to sieve through all the applications. he suggested they might be alphabetical by surname.
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Reply 2
Original post by kickingstitches
i applied for TESOL and japanese and ive not heard anything yet. one guy on here has had an offer for tesol and jap though so it could be they're having to sieve through all the applications. he suggested they might be alphabetical by surname.

Ahh well my last name begins with D so I dont know maybe they would have looked through it by now if that was the case :frown: I did have to cancel my application and resend it though because I messed something up to first time so York St John may have got my application twice, which might be weird for them haha.. I'm thinking if I should email them or something if i dont get one soon just in case there has been a mistake or anything but i dont want to sound pushy or impatient or anything because i do appreciate all the applications they have to go through haha :smile:
I'm the same, I dont want to pester them as it might impact on my application. But I wish they'd hurry up!!
I applied to do a different course but at the same uni! I applied at the end of October and didn't get an offer until January so I'm not entirely sure what system they use to go through applications, since my name begins with a C! I hope you hear back soon :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by kickingstitches
I'm the same, I dont want to pester them as it might impact on my application. But I wish they'd hurry up!!

Yep exactly i dont want to sound annoying or anything ;p but by the sounds of it, it sounds like a lot of people havent received offers from them yet so fingers crossed ;3
Reply 6
Original post by iampineapples
I applied to do a different course but at the same uni! I applied at the end of October and didn't get an offer until January so I'm not entirely sure what system they use to go through applications, since my name begins with a C! I hope you hear back soon :smile:

Ahh I see, the other Uni's got back to me within a few weeks thats just why i'm worrying, but i guess i'll give it another month or so :smile:
I applied on the 23/11 and didn't hear from them until the 16/12. Apparently it's quite common for them.
I have applied to study English Literature and received an unconditional offer!
Reply 9
Original post by natashajade_
I have applied to study English Literature and received an unconditional offer!

Ahh wow congratulations!! :smile: are you thinking of putting them as your firm/insurance or? :smile:
Original post by ILuvAipomZ
Ahh wow congratulations!! :smile: are you thinking of putting them as your firm/insurance or? :smile:

Thank you very much! :smile: I think I will be putting them as my firm choice! I absolutely love York as a city, and I am going to an applicant day in February just to see everything again before I reply!
Thank you very much! :smile: I think I will be putting them as my firm choice! I absolutely love York as a city, and I am going to an applicant day in February just to see everything again before I reply!

Ohh nice :smile: I was planning to put them as my firm too but it depends if i can actually get an offer from them D: My predicted grades are ABB so i dont see why i should have a problem :frown: And yes York is by far the nicest city ive been to with a University in my opinion :smile: It would be easier to find your way around too since its smaller than most cities :3
Original post by ILuvAipomZ
Ohh nice :smile: I was planning to put them as my firm too but it depends if i can actually get an offer from them D: My predicted grades are ABB so i dont see why i should have a problem :frown: And yes York is by far the nicest city ive been to with a University in my opinion :smile: It would be easier to find your way around too since its smaller than most cities :3

They definitely shouldn't have a problem with giving you an offer then! Best of luck! :smile:
They definitely shouldn't have a problem with giving you an offer then! Best of luck! :smile:

Yeh, thanks alot! :smile:
Hey! I applied for York St. John at the end of October and got my offer for business management on the 22nd January. I wouldn't worry about it :'-)
Original post by teri_vincent
Hey! I applied for York St. John at the end of October and got my offer for business management on the 22nd January. I wouldn't worry about it :'-)

Oh wow that makes me feel alot more confident actually - thanks! :biggrin:
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it :'-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone planning on studying Spanish at York 2016 entry?
I applied for a different course early October and heard back late November and my surname is P...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a conditional for Japanese and tesol! :smile: finally! Heard Friday last week! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest