The Student Room Group

History students chat & discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Level: A2
Subjects studying: Debates about the Holocaust, Stalin's Great Purge, also my EPQ is about Mussolini
Favourite period/aspect of history: Nazi Germany, Communist Russia and Fascist Italy.
Reply 41
Level: AS level
Subjects studying: Britain Politics (1851 to 1914) and Germany (1918 to 1933)
Favourite period/aspect of history: When I was younger it was always Ancient Rome but now I'm not sure, it all fascinates me! I think that the period of Germany that we're doing in lessons at the moment is amazing and what we did in GCSE year was also so interesting (Medicine through time especially and also the American West)
idk if should ask this one here.. new at this.. just need desperate help, can't find ANY websites which help you on the new history spec AS and i need help on how to actually analyse my points in an essay, i want an A so bad, can someone please help me what i can do to get an a? help
Original post by nadeu002
idk if should ask this one here.. new at this.. just need desperate help, can't find ANY websites which help you on the new history spec AS and i need help on how to actually analyse my points in an essay, i want an A so bad, can someone please help me what i can do to get an a? help

Same here , sadly I think there are no resources available yet as it is a new spec.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm trying to find the 2015 history edexcel paper for USA but I cant find it? I just wanted to look at the questions so if anyones done the paper that could tell me that would be fab thanks :smile:
Reply 45
Subjects studying: British monarchy: the crisis of state 1642–1689 and the Portuguese Age of Discovery for my coursework (which is going... slowly!) (AQA)
Favourite period/aspect of history: idk I do love my coursework topic, it seems so unfair that I was born too late to explore, so I like reliving this magical period, when everything was new and exciting, through reading and stuff. Also, I'm going to Portugal on holiday this year, hopefully we'll visit some historic sites in between sunbathing and sunbathing!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by Fleming1928
Subjects studying: Debates about the Holocaust, Stalin's Great Purge, also my EPQ is about Mussolini
Favourite period/aspect of history: Nazi Germany, Communist Russia and Fascist Italy.

Studying: From Kaiser to Fuhrer: 1880-1945.
Favourite period/aspect: The Civil Rights in America. & Nazi Germany. Modern History tbh.
Reply 47
Urgent!!
Level: GCSE
Anyone doing AQA History coursework on technology in World War 2?
Does anybody study Edexcel Unit 3,option A ?
I need to write a to what extent essay. "To what extent can the european conflicts between 1815 and 1923 be explained by the development of nationalism?" i really want an A on this paper but don't event know where to begin. how do i approach it and how do i structure it? any help is appreciated
Reply 50
Did anyone else resit AQA Tsarist Russia today? How did you find it..
Level: AS
Subjects studying: Germany 1918-1989 and the rise and fall of Fascist Italy (Edexcel)
Favourite period/aspect of history: Personally I prefer the middle ages and ancient history rather than modern history although I do like the political aspect of it
Original post by werdo1997
Level: A Level (AQA)
Subjects studying: The Making of Modern Britain, 1951-2007 (boring as hell)
Favourite period/aspect of history: Japan, 1600-1945...its really interesting and cool how it transformed from a feudal state to a modern "democracy" in just 50 years :tongue:

Note: I don't know if I should ask this on here, but could anyone help me with my coursework please? Really stressing out about it :cry:

Hey, I'm doing the same course (Making of Modern Britain that is) as well as with American History (Slightly more interesting but not by much XD). What's the course work about?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OhhLivEar
Hey, I'm doing the same course (Making of Modern Britain that is) as well as with American History (Slightly more interesting but not by much XD). What's the course work about?

Hey! Ahh the Making of Modern Britain was so tedious, easy enough to learn, but boring as hell. As for the course work, it's been well over a year since I submitted mine (so not sure if it's the same process now), but it was on whether Japan was modernised due to Western intervention. So I based it from the years 1600 to 1980 and I waffled a lot (but still managed to get an A in it!).

Is your course work similar?
Hey,

Anyone doing A2 Hist-3D? How do you answer questions based around the difference between religion and politics?
Reply 55
Original post by kwstudent
my teacher never teaches us technique.... jus throws the questions at us... Anyone know of any handy webpages which would help me learm techniques ?
(other than the above videos :smile:
or anyone any tips?
Im doing GCSE Edexcel History, on the 1st and 10 june...
Thanx in advance...:smile::smile:

Something that I find really useful is planning the essay first! :smile: also what helped me at GCSE and is helping me at A level is making timelines. It really helps with my chronology and throwing in extra bits of (relevant) knowledge that you read just before the exam impresses the examiner :smile:
Is it me or are half of the things in my study guides practically irrelevant? I'm doing HIS3L and it seems that there's not much actual course content which could be useful in essays.
Reply 57
Original post by Protégé
Is it me or are half of the things in my study guides practically irrelevant? I'm doing HIS3L and it seems that there's not much actual course content which could be useful in essays.

Agree soo soo much! My teachers notes are great, however, it doesn't matter at the end of the day because they word the questions so awfully you have no idea what they want! thats what happened to me last year. Got A* in every mock and then got a D in the exam :frown: Got an A in every other module so B overall, however it meant I missed my oxford offer :frown: I just need to get a C in it, but would love to get a 95% UMS to get an A* (incredibly unlikely I know)
Original post by Lh22
Agree soo soo much! My teachers notes are great, however, it doesn't matter at the end of the day because they word the questions so awfully you have no idea what they want! thats what happened to me last year. Got A* in every mock and then got a D in the exam :frown: Got an A in every other module so B overall, however it meant I missed my oxford offer :frown: I just need to get a C in it, but would love to get a 95% UMS to get an A* (incredibly unlikely I know)

That's too bad. Some questions are awful, like the ones that are obscure and barely have anything decent you can write about them. I think most questions are alright, but there are one or two questions that would have stumped me if I took them. I got a B last year in History, I just want to retain my B and continue. It would be very unlikely for me to get an A or A*.
my history exam is on Friday and the syllabus I'm studying is 'Triumph and Collapse: Russia and the USSR, 1941-1991' I know it's a long shot but does any one have any idea on what the possible questions could be based on previous years? 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending