The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Seems Journos saying Shaktar want £30m-£38m for Texiera. We're offering £24m. Hopefully we can find the extra money from somewhere.
Original post by mr tim
Seems Journos saying Shaktar want £30m-£38m for Texiera. We're offering £24m. Hopefully we can find the extra money from somewhere.

The optimist in me says that if we're willing to give a first offer of £24m, surely we'll go higher?
I think £30m is a fair amount but I suppose Shaktar would prefer to hold out until summer so may try to fleece us for him.
Original post by Lúcio
The optimist in me says that if we're willing to give a first offer of £24m, surely we'll go higher?
I think £30m is a fair amount but I suppose Shaktar would prefer to hold out until summer so may try to fleece us for him.

Yea we'll go up and also throw in some add-ons I imagine. The player must have also said he's keen for it to progress this far.

Can't ignore that he's been at Shaktar for over 6 years now so probably has a better relationship with the club too.
Details of Ilori's transfer leaked

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/423h2i/full_details_of_tiago_ilori_transfer_leaked

Initial transfer fee
€1,880,000 upon Ilori’s registration to play Liverpool
€3,000,000 by July 2014 (note: we signed Ilori in August 2013)
Total transfer fee = €4.88m
Performance bonus:
15 Liverpool apps = €500,000
30 Liverpool apps = €500,000
45 Liverpool apps = €500,000
Total performance bonus = €1.5m
Future transfer:
Sporting receive 25% of any profit made on a future transfer
Liverpool will notify sporting of any accepted transfer bids to allow Sporting a chance to match the transfer bid
Clauses:
Liverpool shall not transfer Ilori to Benfica, Porta or Braga unless they receive an offer of €60m. If this should happen, Sporting would receive 50% of the transfer fee. (This clause expires in September 2018)

Looks like he was actually pretty cheap.
Lallana doubtful for tomorrow with a muscular problem. Sturridge has had 4 good days of work but more time, apparently he won't play until Feb at least.
Reply 3905
Original post by Zerforax
Details of Ilori's transfer leaked

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/423h2i/full_details_of_tiago_ilori_transfer_leaked

Initial transfer fee
€1,880,000 upon Ilori’s registration to play Liverpool
€3,000,000 by July 2014 (note: we signed Ilori in August 2013)
Total transfer fee = €4.88m
Performance bonus:
15 Liverpool apps = €500,000
30 Liverpool apps = €500,000
45 Liverpool apps = €500,000
Total performance bonus = €1.5m
Future transfer:
Sporting receive 25% of any profit made on a future transfer
Liverpool will notify sporting of any accepted transfer bids to allow Sporting a chance to match the transfer bid
Clauses:
Liverpool shall not transfer Ilori to Benfica, Porta or Braga unless they receive an offer of €60m. If this should happen, Sporting would receive 50% of the transfer fee. (This clause expires in September 2018)

Looks like he was actually pretty cheap.

It was speculated at the time that it was £4mil rising to £7mil, so really not much different to what was thought...
Original post by cBay
It was speculated at the time that it was £4mil rising to £7mil, so really not much different to what was thought...

Ah I always just saw the £7mil banded about. Seems to be £4mil paid in 2013/2014 and so far we haven't paid anymore. At the current rate, we'd only pay £1.15mil more for the appearance bonuses.

Unless the quantify the cost of buying out Sporting's future transfer profit clause is making up the rest?
Original post by Lúcio
If we've offered only £24.5m for Teixeira and they want £39m, I can't see a deal being made in this window. Maybe Klopp will surprise us, who knows?

We all know Chelsea will buy him for an obscene amount just to spite us...

To spite you guys or because we've been linked with the player for the past 2 windows?
Original post by Zerforax
I can't see Ayre flying out unless they think a deal can be struck?

Surprised he goes anywhere without his Harley.
Original post by jam277
To spite you guys or because we've been linked with the player for the past 2 windows?

Umadbro
Original post by Mackay
Surprised he goes anywhere without his Harley.

Knowing Ayre, the email from the Shakhtar CEO agreeing to the deal is sat in his Junk/Spam folder

Enlarge your Penis by 200%!! - MOVE to INBOX

Earn $1,000,000 from your own home - SHIFT DELETE

Alex Teixeira transfer fee Accepted. - SHIFT - DELETE

Subscription to Harley Davidson Monthly reminder - MOVE to INBOX

:rofl:

*stolen off RAWK
Jamie Carragher, Juan Mata and the charitable footballers making a difference

As Jamie Carragher played his last game for Liverpool on 19 May 2013 and contemplated his retirement, he had very little to prove. His 737th appearance for his one and only club cemented his status as an Anfield legend, but he had already laid down plans to help others less fortunate than himself. In 2010 Carragher decided to donate the proceeds raised from his testimonial to setting up his own charitable foundation. The money from the testimonial gave the Carragher 23 Foundation an initial fund of over £1m and created an endowment that is to be used to for contributions to local charities, clubs and community initiatives in perpetuity.

The 37-year-old admits to harbouring early doubts. “To be honest, at first I was a bit unsure about what it entailed but that’s why using the community foundation route was crucial as you have a team of people at hand when you need help.”

Born and bred in Bootle, one of the more deprived areas of Merseyside, Carragher wanted to give something significant back to where he grew up. “I’m no different to other working class players. As one of the lucky ones who could provide for my family, I also wanted to help those from my area. Our original aim was giving the kids on Merseyside a chance to do something to give them the opportunity and then it was up to them to make the most of it.”

The 23 Foundation has developed over the last six years, broadening its remit geographically so it now has global reach and giving donations beyond the world of sport. It now helps local schools, food banks and community centres, including The Brunny, Carragher’s youth club when he was growing up.

Further proof of his commitment to helping causes close to his heart was provided by the largest single donation made by the foundation, the £100,000 donated to the new community neo-natal unit of Alder Hey, the children’s hospital where he spent the first six weeks of his life. “I was born with a condition called gastrochisis and needed an operation as a baby. That’s why I always felt the need to help because of what they did for me in the first couple of months of my life. It’s nice to see the Alder Hey develop into becoming one of the best facilities for children in the world.”

The donation to Alder Hey stood out as the 23 Foundation tends to “make smaller contributions of around £2,000 to £3,000 to a wide range of people rather than larger amounts for a select few.” Carragher acknowledges that one of the most testing aspects of heading up the foundation is turning people down. “I always find it difficult to say no and that’s where the foundation helps because of all the regulations about how to apply and how much to apply for etc.”

The football world has changed dramatically since Carragher joined Liverpool in 1990 and the steady influx of foreign players inevitably means there is less connection with the local community. Although Carragher points out that many of the foreign players understand the role they could have. “We used to have Sami Hyypia and Jan Molby, who were very aware of their place in the community and now there’s Lucas Leiva. You can tell by the way they speak, how much it means to them. If someone has got their heart in the right place it stands out a mile.”

John Hudson, the PFA’s director of corporate social responsibility, agrees. “While it is more difficult for the foreign players to understand the community issues because they are new to the area, most of them are fully aware of the importance of putting something back.” Hudson singles out Carragher as a paragon. “He is a great example, he was a great player, a role model and he is now a great pundit.” Hudson also mentions James Milner, Alan Shearer and Stiliyan Petrov as footballers who are committed to helping good causes.

One of the beneficiaries of the 23 Foundation was the Liverpool Homeless FC, who received a £7,500 grant that was primarily used to build a 3G pitch.

:love::love::love:

The rest of the article is here: http://www.theguardian.com/football/the-agony-and-the-ecstasy/2016/jan/22/charitable-footballers-jamie-carragher-juan-mata
Great article that. Drogba and Bellamy are two more whose work cannot be underestimated/overlooked.
Original post by Mackay
Great article that. Drogba and Bellamy are two more whose work cannot be underestimated/overlooked.

Check your pms mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3914
If we still had Suarez, you just know we'd see a piece of magic at some point today.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Check your pms mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Been busy mate, sorry. Will DM you tomorrow (hopefully). I haven't forgotten!
Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Emre Can, Henderson, Milner, Ibe, Firmino

Subs: Ward, Caulker, Flanagan, Allen, Teixeira, Lallana, Benteke.
Personally would've liked to have seen Allen start after recent impressive outings in the weeks gone by, but we need to have an eye on the meeting with Stoke in midweek.
Looking at Norwich, I'm really surprised Benteke didn't start. It would be the perfect game to dominate in the air and get goals and confidence back.

Liverpool have conceded from the most corners in the league.
Norwich have concede from the most crosses in the league.
Lol.
According to the BT Sport commentator, Sturridge has started only 13 of our last 90 games.

Wow.

Latest