The Student Room Group

Any muslims here also stopped believing in God?

Scroll to see replies

Stopped a long time ago :smile: Nobody needs to know, it just feels good not to feel compelled towards a magical being.
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
After studying Islam, it just seems like a version of Christianity and Judaism (though I don't find either of those better, atleast both Moses and Jesus could perform miracles), where as Islam was written by a man in a cave, what was Muhammeds miracles? In my honest opinion all Islam seems like to me is Arab imprelism, arab clothing, arab names, arab way of life is the way Islam is founded on, many people want to show themselves as real muslim so therefore turn to the Arab lifestyle, it is interchanged, I don't believe in Allah anymore either, I've come to the conclusion to be a good person with morals you just need to be born and bred with them, many of my friends were muslim who turned ex muslim, at first I tried to keep my distance from them but in the end they turned out to be better peolpe then my muslim friends.

Don't confuse religion with culture. Christianity and Judaism are inconsistent in their beliefs whilst Islam recognises a singular God. As for the miracles of Muhammad (pbuh), not only did he split the moon, he also performed many other miracles - ( http://www.discoveringislam.org/mohammad_miracles.htm ). The Qur'an is the only book that hasn't been changed at all - it was revealed in arabic and it is still read in arabic, there have been no changes. Yes to be a good person you need to be born and bred with them but what of the afterlife? This life is just a test
I used to question the existence of God but then I realised that the likelihood of there NOT being a God was even less than there being one... I found that Atheists never provide anything meaningful to suggest why God is unlikely, no matter how many theories they come up with.
After reading into the religion more, there has only been proof after proof showing me that Islam is right and that those who argue against Islam and religion in general come up with the same old arguements that the Quraysh did over a thousand years back (minus the unsatisfactory speculative scientific theories of where everything came from which don't lead anywhere)...
Those of you weak in faith need to stop listening to angry atheists and feeling sorry for yourself that you follow a 'backward religion' that stops you living 'free' lives like your drunk and promiscuous friends and do something about your life... Allah has made the Quran clear but have you even bothered to learn about Him and His religion properly for you to even question it?
U need to separate Islam from the Arabic culture. Islam is a religion, and a way of life. Arabic culture is to do with Arab people, including Jewish Arabs and Arab Christians. Ur just confused. And those Muslims weren't probably practising hence why they're not good
Original post by mas_
Don't confuse religion with culture. Christianity and Judaism are inconsistent in their beliefs whilst Islam recognises a singular God. As for the miracles of Muhammad (pbuh), not only did he split the moon, he also performed many other miracles - ( http://www.discoveringislam.org/mohammad_miracles.htm ). The Qur'an is the only book that hasn't been changed at all - it was revealed in arabic and it is still read in arabic, there have been no changes. Yes to be a good person you need to be born and bred with them but what of the afterlife? This life is just a test

Islam is just as inconsistent and there isn't a shred of evidence that the Quran hasn't changed. In fact, that is false as there are many different version with slightly different wording in existence today. Unless you have the original copy of the Quran to compare to the modern version then this claim has no basis.

Secondly, even if it were true, how on earth does this prove it's true? Shakespeare's plays haven't changed, doesn't mean they were authored by God.

Life isn't a test, that makes no sense in the context of an all-knowing being. And she has left Islam so trying to convince her by talking about stuff she no longer believes in is futile.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
that is false as there are many different version with slightly different wording in existence today.

Can you prove that? There is only one Quran followed by Muslims around the world...
Reply 26
Islam is just as inconsistent and there isn't a shred of evidence that the Quran hasn't changed. In fact, that is false as there are many different version with slightly different wording in existence today. Unless you have the original copy of the Quran to compare to the modern version then this claim has no basis.

Secondly, even if it were true, how on earth does this prove it's true? Shakespeare's plays haven't changed, doesn't mean they were authored by God.

Life isn't a test, that makes no sense in the context of an all-knowing being. And she has left Islam so trying to convince her by talking about stuff she no longer believes in is futile.

Believe what you want but the Qur'an is the word of God. The Qur'an also contains many scientific knowledge that was recorded 1400 years, many of which scientists have only discovered recently.

I was just answering her questions, it is up to her what she chooses to believe
Can you prove that? There is only one Quran followed by Muslims around the world...

I said slightly different wording which I can prove. And again, this is not proof whatsoever of divinity so I fail to see the point you're trying to make with this anyway.
Original post by mas_
Believe what you want but the Qur'an is the word of God. The Qur'an also contains many scientific knowledge that was recorded 1400 years, many of which scientists have only discovered recently.

The Quran isn't the word of God and it contains no science whatsoever that was recently discovered. You people always spout this same nonsense but there is no evidence for it. The Quran is full of scientific errors.
(edited 8 years ago)
I said slightly different wording which I can prove. And again, this is not proof whatsoever of divinity so I fail to see the point you're trying to make with this anyway.

I still want you to prove it (since you made the claim).

Allah said He would preserve the Quran, so it bolsters our faith but means nothing to you...
I have doubted it before. But I've decided I believe in God, but I just don't feel any spiritual connection with Islam right now. I've been looking other religions (Sikhism is one that interests me the most and feels good).

My issue is mainly the amount of restriction, you get Muslims saying you can't do this or that, and expect you to ditch your culture and heritage to live like an Arab, when they don't even respect you.
Each example makes it less likely that the universe was created at random and more likely that it was designed by a Creator that takes an interest in humanity. Once all of this evidence is taken into account, the argument from design concludes, there can be no question as to whether the universe just happens to be fit for life or whether it was deliberately created that way; the universe clearly exhibits the marks of intelligent design.

This argument is flawed for a number of reasons (can't go into them just yet), but the underlined seems to have been snuck in for no apparent reason. It does not necessarily follow from the existence of a designer that this designer takes any interest whatever in human affairs.
Original post by mas_

From one Muslim to another, I would be cautious about using the scientific miracle narrative to prove a point. The Quran is not mean to be a book of science, it's meant to be a book of signs... That said, the Quran does not contradict science apart from miracles being the exception
The Quran isn't the word of God and it contains no science whatsoever that was recently discovered. You also spout this same nonsense but there is no evidence for it. The Quran is full of scientific errors.

Yes it is. Who gave you the right to say it isn't (?)
False. Maybe you should research more bc clearly you aren't educated enough about the Qur'aan.
Original post by Leukocyte
Yes it is. Who gave you the right to say it isn't (?)

No it isn't, there is no evidence whatsoever for it. Err, this is a public forum and we're in the UK where free speech is allowed.

False. Maybe you should research more bc clearly you aren't educated enough about the Qur'aan.

False yet again.
Reply 35
From one Muslim to another, I would be cautious about using the scientific miracle narrative to prove a point. The Quran is not mean to be a book of science, it's meant to be a book of signs... That said, the Quran does not contradict science apart from miracles being the exception

True, it covers many different aspects - not just science
Reply 36
No it isn't, there is no evidence whatsoever for it. Err, this is a public forum and we're in the UK where free speech is allowed.

False yet again.

Research the scientific miracles in the Qur'an before you dismiss it without doing any research.
I still want you to prove it (since you made the claim).

Here are 12 documented textual variants of Surah 2 verse 106 in the Quran. Keep in mind this is one single verse.

http://i.imgur.com/ipyK25X.png

Even this Islamic site says slight errors and additions have occurred

http://submission.org/verify_preserving_and_protecting_Quran.html

Allah said He would preserve the Quran, so it bolsters our faith but means nothing to you...

Circular reasoning. And you are yet to show me how you know it hasn't deviated from the original.
Original post by mas_
Research the scientific miracles in the Qur'an before you dismiss it without doing any research.

I have researched them in great depth to find there are no miracles and in fact many errors!
I have doubted it before. But I've decided I believe in God, but I just don't feel any spiritual connection with Islam right now. I've been looking other religions (Sikhism is one that interests me the most and feels good).

My issue is mainly the amount of restriction, you get Muslims saying you can't do this or that, and expect you to ditch your culture and heritage to live like an Arab, when they don't even respect you.

If there is a God and God wants a relationship with mankind, then why dies it not make sense that an All-Knowing God would know best how man should live its life and therefore give them rules and restrictions? Rejecting that is just being presumptuous that you know better than God, and that goes for any religion you choose to follow... the fact that Islam has so many rules would be more of a reason to show you that its a religion from God since He has left no stone unturned. Dharmic religions like Sikhism are a tad vague in their rules so you have more flexibility but it clearly shows how man made it is...

Just so you know, modern Arab culture is not a reflection of the teachings of Islam, so not sure why you decided to mention that, unless you didn't know that no one Muslim majority country follows or implements Islam properly... would recommend reading more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending