The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Hiya! I received an unconditional place at west London so happy! Was really nervous in the interview but it all went well, really wanted this! Good luck everyone!!
Original post by PaediatricStN
You have no need to worry, although understandably lots of people are very anxious about it! It'll be addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, ratios and percentages. That sort of thing. It's not even GCSE standard I would say. Revise your knowledge on BBC Bitesize if you need to.

You may get asked some more advanced questions like drug calculations, but these are easy to calculate when you know how.

For example: A baby has been prescribed 100mg of Paracetamol. The liquid you have is 250mg in 5ml. How many ml do you need?

Two simple ways of doing it.

1) (Without a calculator) By ratios. If there are 250mg in 5ml, work out how many mg there are in 1ml... So there are 50mg in 1ml, and you want 100mg, so you need 2ml.

2) Using the formula: what you want (100mg) divide by what you've got (250mg) multiplied by its strength (5ml). But none of the questions they are asking you should require that formula as they should be easy, as the example I have given above is. Meaning you can work it out on ratio.

I hope that helps, and doesn't confuse you. Please don't be phased by the drug calculation, I just know that some unis were asking those types of questions. Good luck!

I'm confused by that haha...god help me!
Thank you for the well wishes...gulp x
Original post by fc93
Hey try not to panic! I didn't interview at those places but the Maths and English are quite different for each uni so you might find these easier than the one you failed. Have you looked at BBC Bitesize for revision? I found it really helpful for the Maths. Most English tests are just looking to check you can spell and write things that make sense, or a reading comprehension. Just make sure you read the question and take your time. :smile:

I met a girl at an interview who failed two unis Maths and English but now has two offers. Stay positive and good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll have a look there, it's just over the years maths has not been a string point for me at all.
Thank you for your positivity! :smile:
Original post by Ettaxo
I had my interview at City yesterday! Well it's not actually an interviewer, it's a group discussion, honestly it was the best one I've had, all you need to do is know why you want to be a children's nurse and be able to show that you can listen and work well with others! Good luck x

Glad it went well for you!
Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 824
I have an interview at LSBU in a couple of weeks and am so worried about it, has anyone had one here before? I've heard something about an essay?
I had my interview at Staffordshire on tuesday and DMU yesterday. Both were really good. They were really relaxed and i felt they went smoothly. Has anyone else got or had interviews here? I keep refreshing my emails already haha x
Original post by emmawebb
I had my interview at Staffordshire on tuesday and DMU yesterday. Both were really good. They were really relaxed and i felt they went smoothly. Has anyone else got or had interviews here? I keep refreshing my emails already haha x

I had my interview at dmu last Tuesday for children's nursing, still haven't heard anything! I'm curious to what they offer as they were one of my top choices along with new bucks who offered me an unconditional offer the day after my interview.

What's your top choice at the moment? :smile:
Original post by ameychildnurse
I had my interview at dmu last Tuesday for children's nursing, still haven't heard anything! I'm curious to what they offer as they were one of my top choices along with new bucks who offered me an unconditional offer the day after my interview.

What's your top choice at the moment? :smile:

Hey, how did you find your interview? I found the uni really good too, it would be one of my top choices! I atill have an interview at Angila Ruskin to do and Wolverhampton. So I havent decided my top yet, but DMU would be up there, along with staffs! Im hoping to get anywhere yo be honest! As long as i have a space. I'd love to have a choice though lol they said if we don't hear within two weeks to call back. I hope it's soon x
Can someone please reassure me that the Southampton maths and English test really aren't too difficult!? I'm not even sure why I'm suddenly panicking, I'm good at English and although maths isn't my favourite subject I'm definitely competent! Think it's just nerves kicking in...eek! :O
Original post by alice97
Congratulations on your interview! I'm still waiting to hear back from Southampton.
How did you get access to their hobsons thing? Did you just create a new account or did you have returning user details? If so, how did you get these? Worried that I've missed an email or something. 😣 Reading about what happened to you has made me anxious to be able to look at both the unis system, and also track.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alice, so sorry - I've only just seen this!

If you look a few pages back Yana posted the link - I went to the link and then requested to reset my password as it said my e-mail was already signed up. When you do that they will e-mail you, you can reset it and log in.
Original post by 4436457
Hey heather I had a interview at Salford the same day I heard your name but can't remember your face lol
Btw I'm the girl with the grey scarf
Have you heard for them yet ?

No not yet it'll only be a week tomorrow tho so they said not until March and I can't remember who was wearing s scarf what's your ndme?
Original post by emmawebb
Hey, how did you find your interview? I found the uni really good too, it would be one of my top choices! I atill have an interview at Angila Ruskin to do and Wolverhampton. So I havent decided my top yet, but DMU would be up there, along with staffs! Im hoping to get anywhere yo be honest! As long as i have a space. I'd love to have a choice though lol they said if we don't hear within two weeks to call back. I hope it's soon x

Ive applied to coventry and leicester. Have you heard back from them yet? I had my tests today for dmu! Waiting is horrible! x
We have the same interview date. I'll see you there 😊
Original post by 4436457
i did i got an interview tomorrow so nerves :frown:

Hey, I was just wondering how your Salford interview went, how the tests were and the interviews etc. I have mine tomorrow and I'm sooo nervous
Don't stress yourself about Salford interviews. Everyone is lovely and it's not really intense. It's more like they're getting a feel for who you are than interviewing you.
Original post by labeeba_m
Hey, I was just wondering how your Salford interview went, how the tests were and the interviews etc. I have mine tomorrow and I'm sooo nervous

it was good but the math test was a little hard. revise things like percentages, converting measurements and how to measure medicine. the english one was okay. good luck i hope it goes well :smile:
ahh okay, my name is samsam
Original post by heather1807
No not yet it'll only be a week tomorrow tho so they said not until March and I can't remember who was wearing s scarf what's your ndme?
Original post by 4436457
ahh okay, my name is samsam

Have you heard? And oh yeah you were next to me in the discussion part?
Reply 838
Original post by labeeba_m

I have mine tomorrow too !! Really nervous !
Original post by Amy2986
I have mine tomorrow too !! Really nervous !

It's my first interview too 😫😫

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending