The Student Room Group

Is this paranoia or a precognition?

So, a little bit of a run down on the situation (I'll provide a Tl;Dr further down the document for convenience to other people):
I've been in this relationship for 6 months yesterday (at the time of posting) and myself and my partner have been through, simply, quite a lot in our pasts and with each other, my social anxiety in combination with having a sharp reminder that the last person I devoted myself to called me in the process of 'intimately being with another man', to tell me that she never really did love me, so a little bit of trust issues going on.
Recently, my partner and I spoke in a group chat with a +1, this person knows my partner through my partner's sister, said person flirted with my partner in front of me after my partner had said he was licking his stitches (he had been in surgery for wisdom teeth), to which the +1 offered to lick the stitches for him, while I was in the chat.
About a day ago, my partner becomes pretty cold and says that his sister has caused him a little bit of grief, and he becomes very off with me offering help, to the point he openly refused to talk to me and actively ignored me, to which I message the +1, because by this time, anxiety had set in because of his past and my mind made an unpleasant assumption as to what was going on.

Not a few hours ago, he made a status on Facebook (stated below);
"How do you tell someone something without them taking it so wrong.. without them wanting to end it all.. how do you be honest in the gentlest way so they don't shatter... how do you..."
I commented;
"Tell them straight, they would appreciate the honesty", which got the reply, "It's not going to end well, I know exactly how its going to end"

I decided to chase this up in a private message (which took 20 minutes to be seen although he was sharing posts and writing statuses and whatnot) and ask what it was about, to which I was told that "I. can't. explain."

No conversation has taken place since, but I have my thoughts that follow up conversations won't be so cheery, which does not bode well as I have mock exams on Monday.

If anyone here would like to input something, I would be deeply grateful for your time.

TL;DR Version:
-Partner and I both have trust issues and social anxiety
-Partner introduces me to a friend of his, known through his sister
-Friend flirts with Partner
-Partner runs into problem with his sister
-Partner goes offline/doesn't talk
-I message the friend, no useful response
-Facebook Status suggesting how to handle break-up or confession is posted by my partner
-Short exchange; reason for the status is kept clear of me
-Partner goes offline
This seems a little bit dodgy to me. Why don't you call him or visit him? Seems odd that your interactions are limited to being online. If he doesn't want to talk about it then leave him be for now and he might come round. As long as you've tried to reach out to him there's nothing more you can do.
Original post by georgiaswift
This seems a little bit dodgy to me. Why don't you call him or visit him? Seems odd that your interactions are limited to being online. If he doesn't want to talk about it then leave him be for now and he might come round. As long as you've tried to reach out to him there's nothing more you can do.

It's an online relationship, I forgot to mention that
Original post by Dead Prediction
It's an online relationship, I forgot to mention that

So why don't you call him or Skype him?
Calling him would have no effect if hes ignoring Skype messages and such
Original post by Dead Prediction
Calling him would have no effect if hes ignoring Skype messages and such

Then, as I said earlier, you just need to wait for him to contact you. If you've done all you can then you will have to wait.
Online relationships aren't relationships. Sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending