The Student Room Group

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Sophia08
After an absolute nightmare with Liverpool where they wrongly rejected me to begin with then refused to correct their mistake...I have finally got my interview a few weeks later! i hate ucas and this whole med application business

12th Feb 9am :smile:

Ooooh congrats!!! That must have been such an ordeal! I've heard that they give all candidates on the 12th offers:wink: (mines a bit later on the 12th)
Original post by kethan
Ooooh congrats!!! That must have been such an ordeal! I've heard that they give all candidates on the 12th offers:wink: (mines a bit later on the 12th)

It was horrible. Thankyou!
I wanted an 11am slot but all the ones left were 9am. Haha here's hoping, so far they've gone all out to reject me at every single opportunity!
It was horrible. Thankyou!
I wanted an 11am slot but all the ones left were 9am. Haha here's hoping, so far they've gone all out to reject me at every single opportunity!

Congrats! So great that they changed their minds!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
Congrats! So great that they changed their minds!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou! 😁
Original post by kethan
Fee status questionnaire ?

Yes
After an absolute nightmare with Liverpool where they wrongly rejected me to begin with then refused to correct their mistake...I have finally got my interview a few weeks later! i hate ucas and this whole med application business

12th Feb 9am :smile:

Great news! Good luck
Original post by April-93
Yes

Did they ask you specifically for a fee status questionnaire? Can't seem to find any mention of it in their correspondence :/
Reply 247
Original post by Domqwerty
Did they ask you specifically for a fee status questionnaire? Can't seem to find any mention of it in their correspondence :/

Yes

Pretty sure I didn't hear about this either
Original post by kethan
Pretty sure I didn't hear about this either

Me neither

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got the fee status questionnaire too...
Original post by kethan
Fee status questionnaire ?

x

Original post by Domqwerty
x

Don't be worrying about a fee status questionnaire guys. It's only really to determine whether you're a home student (UK national) or not, and they should in most cases have gathered that from UCAS. Don't overthink things and good luck all :smile:

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/student-administration/money/fee-status/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
The fee status questionnaire was in a separate email - not with the interview email. I may have got it because I don't actually hold a UK passport so they need to assess my fee paying status as a home student or not.. Not sure don't think its anything you have to worry about check your junk emails just in case
The fee status questionnaire was in a separate email - not with the interview email. I may have got it because I don't actually hold a UK passport so they need to assess my fee paying status as a home student or not.. Not sure don't think its anything you have to worry about check your junk emails just in case

Makes sense, Thankyou!
Original post by SpringNicht
Good luck everyone! I can't help you with interview information, but I'm happy to help if you have any questions about the Liverpool GEM course.

Hello! Quick question,
It says on the interview email that there may be a numeracy in practice station? Is this something we can prepare for/is it relatively easy maths?

I know you can't tell us any specifics about the interview, just want to make sure this is nothing to panic over!
Hi,

Does anyone know if Liverpool use minimum cutoff scores for each section of the GAMSAT or do they just look at your overall score?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by StudentAT
Hi,

Does anyone know if Liverpool use minimum cutoff scores for each section of the GAMSAT or do they just look at your overall score?

Thank you :smile:

I know the minimum score is an overall cut off and then they use all your non academic criteria to select for interview.

I'm not sure if the essay section has a minimum of 55. I think I read that last year but not sure if it's the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 256
I know the minimum score is an overall cut off and then they use all your non academic criteria to select for interview.

I'm not sure if the essay section has a minimum of 55. I think I read that last year but not sure if it's the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I scored below 55 in S2 with my other two sections being above so I'm assuming it's an overall cut off of 55
Original post by kethan
I scored below 55 in S2 with my other two sections being above so I'm assuming it's an overall cut off of 55

yep must be! I think it is min 50 in each section though so you couldn't have 45 in one and 65 in another.
Reply 258
yep must be! I think it is min 50 in each section though so you couldn't have 45 in one and 65 in another.

Yeah i think that must be the minimum for all of them bar Nottingham !
Original post by kethan
Yeah i think that must be the minimum for all of them bar Nottingham !

At Notts you can have below 50 in one section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending