Original post by squeakylucy
I'm going by car luckily, and neuroscience
I don't think the weather will be too bad :h:

Where are you travelling from?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by KieranWinterburn
Ahh I see, sorry I misunderstood - thought you meant £78pp! Do you know which stations you have to change at? Maybe I can advise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says: London Euston EUS to Falmer FMR

Outbound: 6:34am - 9:21am

Return: 4:20pm - 6:34pm

I'm hoping I can get from the station to Sussex uni before 9:45am for registration.

https://gyazo.com/ea9e1a727d5d35a6ccb95ce1917a28f9

^ This seems like a messed up route. :afraid: I wish there could be a straight route ffs :stomp::rant:
I'm so going to get lost! :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
It says: London Euston EUS to Falmer FMR

Outbound: 6:34am - 9:21am

Return: 4:20pm - 6:34pm

I'm hoping I can get from the station to Sussex uni before 9:45am for registration.

https://gyazo.com/ea9e1a727d5d35a6ccb95ce1917a28f9

^ This seems like a messed up route. :afraid: I wish there could be a straight route ffs :stomp::rant:
I'm so going to get lost! :frown:

Yeah that does seem unnecessarily complicated haha, could you not have gotten a tube straight to Victoria and a direct train from Victoria to Brighton then got the train from there to Falmer? That's probably how I'd have done it, but maybe that's because I'm not a Londoner so I don't know if that's actually more complicated hahaha.

Don't worry about the train from Brighton to falmer, it's literally a 5-10 minute journey! And the library square where registration is is quite near the front of the campus/the station

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KieranWinterburn
Yeah that does seem unnecessarily complicated haha, could you not have gotten a tube straight to Victoria and a direct train from Victoria to Brighton then got the train from there to Falmer? That's probably how I'd have done it, but maybe that's because I'm not a Londoner so I don't know if that's actually more complicated hahaha.

Don't worry about the train from Brighton to falmer, it's literally a 5-10 minute journey! And the library square where registration is is quite near the front of the campus/the station

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really don't know how I'm going to manage to pull this journey off.
Its more confusing than London->Manchester. :frown:

Idk I'm still looking around for routes before I pay for any tickets.
What course did you apply for & do you hope to study afterwards?

I applied to Business, Management & Economics and I'm hoping to go onto one of their listed courses under this foundation year the following year. Most likely Economics and Management or Finance and Business.
Original post by 408655
Hello :smile: If you decide to stay at Sussex for your undergraduate study, then you will not have to apply for UCAS again as the university will manage the admissions for you and they will put you onto the new course themselves on the condition that they are satisfied with your results for the foundation year.

However if you want to transfer to a different university for your undergraduate study, then you will have to apply for UCAS again during the autumn term just like the A level students.

Thank you very much for your help! :-D

Oh right if you haven't paid yet that's okay, honestly though it's really simple! There should be direct trains from most big London stations to Brighton for sure, and the Falmer change is so simple! At Brighton station every platform is in line with each other and the Falmer one is the last platform (platform 8 or 9 I think) so you literally just need to head there and it's plain sailing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by secrethideout100
Hi! I'm a current student at Sussex. It's much less hassle to have university managed accommodation and there is very little difference in price between on campus and private housing.

Hope this helps.

Hi, it definitely helps - I'm thankful for every piece of advice haha.
Reply 88
Has anyone received any offers for Chemistry yet? I sent my application off on 7th of December and have heard back from all of my other choices except Sussex :frown:
Original post by KaylaB
Has anyone received any offers for Chemistry yet? I sent my application off on 7th of December and have heard back from all of my other choices except Sussex :frown:

I've received an offer. don't worry you'll probably get one soon. where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm quite confused about how to get there as well :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by bubblegumcat
I've received an offer. don't worry you'll probably get one soon. where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got offers from York, Warwick, Southampton and Brighton - just a pain that Sussex haven't replied yet so I can't make choices. Where else have you applied and is Sussex your first choice?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KaylaB

What are you're predicted grades and AS results? I'm waiting for an offer from Sussex too, it's so frustrating!
Original post by KaylaB
I've got offers from York, Warwick, Southampton and Brighton - just a pain that Sussex haven't replied yet so I can't make choices. Where else have you applied and is Sussex your first choice?

congrats! and Sheffield, Aston, keele, Loughborough. It might be my first choice depends if I like it when I see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by pannyfrost
Thank you very much for your help! :-D

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Angel_N345
What are you're predicted grades and AS results? I'm waiting for an offer from Sussex too, it's so frustrating!

I got ABBD at AS for Philosophy, Chemistry, Maths & History
My predicted are AAB - with the B being in Philosophy.
Received an offer for business and management studies, anyone else?
Just got my offer for Politics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for law and received an offer of AAA but ABB if i put it as my firm! I've already put it as my firm because my other offers were grotesque and i'm not putting pressure on myself! Anyone going to applicant days around Feb-April? Really need to see the accommodations because some of it does not look appealing!
Original post by yamyam77
I applied for law and received an offer of AAA but ABB if i put it as my firm! I've already put it as my firm because my other offers were grotesque and i'm not putting pressure on myself! Anyone going to applicant days around Feb-April? Really need to see the accommodations because some of it does not look appealing!

Congrats! Have you looked at the accommodation section on their website? That's pretty useful as a substitute until you can see them in person. They do video tours of all the different flats.

I went to an open day last weekend and if you do manage to make it down to one of them they do tours of the accommodation pretty much all afternoon which is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending