The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi !

This is a wonderful thread, I am totally new to this, but to see this is fab!
I am currently doing my Msc - Applied Social Research, I have just had my suporvisor meeting and I have decided to analyse the ''normalisation'' of drugs! - Still undecided of the exact drug I want to focus on - I quite like the idea of cognitive enhancing drugs in students!

But hey everyone - I completed my undergrad dissertation on whether or not there was a gender disparity in Magistrates courts - I enjoyed that!
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
I'm currently doing the literature review for mine but I'm struggling on how to write it :frown: I've found papers/journals to reference but I'm not sure if I'm writing about them correctly.

Hello! When I did my undergrad dissertation, when I did my literature review I split it into three sections - those that were for my assumptions, those that were against and neutral. :smile:
Original post by oliviarheya
I'm a third year linguistics student- I have to submit my two dissertation topic ideas by the 27th Nov and I'm still struggling to stick to an idea

Wow you must have had such a long time to think about it! We were only given 3 days to pick three topics haha
Original post by Chukkeigh
Wow you must have had such a long time to think about it! We were only given 3 days to pick three topics haha

What do you mean you were only given three days? Surely you knew you'd have a dissertation to do during your degree? Weren't you thinking about possible topics throughout?
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but I'm really looking for undergraduate's to do my dissertation online study. If anyone has a spare 15 minutes, and wants to make me a really happy person, then could you please do this study
https://lincolnpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0JsapwdYFu1dCHX

I have been told to collect 400-500 responses, so anyone who answers is really helping! :redface:)
Original post by MandaTreb
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but I'm really looking for undergraduate's to do my dissertation online study. If anyone has a spare 15 minutes, and wants to make me a really happy person, then could you please do this study
https://lincolnpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0JsapwdYFu1dCHX

I have been told to collect 400-500 responses, so anyone who answers is really helping! :redface:)

I tried to complete it but some of the questions didn't really make sense.
Original post by GoingToBurst
I tried to complete it but some of the questions didn't really make sense.

Thanks for trying at least :L

I wasn't allowed to change/modify any of the 5 questionnaires I chose to use for the study, so some questions aren't phrased as I would have liked, but the questionnaires used are reliable and valid, and I suppose that is what counts :smile:
Original post by MandaTreb
Thanks for trying at least :L

I wasn't allowed to change/modify any of the 5 questionnaires I chose to use for the study, so some questions aren't phrased as I would have liked, but the questionnaires used are reliable and valid, and I suppose that is what counts :smile:

I'll give it another go tomorrow after my exams finish, it might just've been my head wasn't in the right place haha.
Original post by GoingToBurst
I'll give it another go tomorrow after my exams finish, it might just've been my head wasn't in the right place haha.

Thanks a bundle :smile:
Reply 49
Hi guys, could I have a bit of help please.:colondollar: I am doing a questionnaire for my English Dissertation to find out how young people in 2015/16 are feeling about their futures. If you could answer I would be really happy. I will post the results here in Jan for you all to see!!:biggrin:1| "What do you desire most in life?"2| "What do you do to lift your spirits when feeling down?"3| "What online networks do you use to empower yourselves?"4| "If you could be told an amazing piece of advice with regards to your future what would it be?"5| "Do you feel capable of achieving you dreams" - Why/whynot?6| "What do you usually do to motivate yourself and chase your goals?Thank you so much guys!!
Hey guys, my deadline for submitting my proposal is early February. I'm actually really excited about my topic, and I desperately hope it gets approved! It's going to be a cognitive poetic analysis of Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, looking in particular at how the use of cohesive threads and deictic references positions us in the mind of a character with Asperger's syndrome.

Now it's just a case of turning my vague idea into a proposal that makes sense!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 51
Hi guys, again needing reply for my dissertation! If anyone could complete the below that would be great, thanks so much in advance :smile:

https://swatson88.typeform.com/to/v5lbI2
Reply 52
Hey guys,

I'm a 3rd yr Psychology student. Currently doing my dissertation about 'Gratitude, Personality and Self-acceptance'. I'm in need of a lot of participants, aged 18 and above. Participation is completely voluntary and you can withdraw from it at any point of your participation. The study requires completing questionnaires, which will only take 15mins, and a 7-day daily diary which consists of listing 5 things. The diary will take no longer than 5 mins of your time. If you are interested and want to know more of what is required, please click on the link below:
http://194.81.108.2/Athena/

Thank you!
Reply 53
okay so my proposal is finally ready to submit tomorrow and my first full week in the lab starts this week too :woo:

finally feeling a bit more under control about it all :yep:
Hey,

Great thread, good idea! :smile:

I need help with my primary research.

Just wondered if anyone could please take my questionnaire?
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LMRBXTY

Short 10 Qs and anonymous!

Thank you so much. :smile:
Reply 55
I've just recently started preparing for my Dissertation; I'm studying BA (hons) Animation and my current topic is:

'Is Technology affecting our creative ability in the creation of Games'

But I'm unsure whether this I good topic or whether it sounds interesting. Any Feedback would be great
Reply 56
research project update:

so the past 2 days I've been collecting data for my initial cell line: ATP dose response curve, as of yet its looking fairly consistent :woo: just the last one tomorrow then I can start analysing it and writing it up.

Not sure what the plan is for next week yet though :redface:
Am writing my methodology and methods and working on coding my data for my analysis, but it's tough going as am constantly battling to get on with it, due to having a lot of assignment deadlines this month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shaqs19
I've just recently started preparing for my Dissertation; I'm studying BA (hons) Animation and my current topic is:

'Is Technology affecting our creative ability in the creation of Games'

But I'm unsure whether this I good topic or whether it sounds interesting. Any Feedback would be great

This sounds like an interesting subject :woo: You might need more focus in the title though? In what ways do you think technology is affecting creativity?
Reply 59
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This sounds like an interesting subject :woo: You might need more focus in the title though? In what ways do you think technology is affecting creativity?

so you could say:
- The recent use of Photogrammetry in games which have allowed developers to capture real life objects or environments through photos or scanning devices which then can be used as 3D Assets for games e.g. http://imgur.com/a/wq8JK
So how is this affecting our creativity: Its a much quicker and effortless way to producing 3D assets rather than the person modelling it himself?
- another could be Virtual Reality headsets which opens doors to whole new world of games and possibilities
But this could be an argument on how it open more possibilities?

These are some examples I have at the moment. Maybe "How is Technology affecting our Video Games" .

The Initial Question was "How is Technology affecting our Creative Ability" but that topic was quite wide so I wanted to focus it around the Games Industry.