The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cycl
Well since I did question 1 and apparently everyone else did question 3 or something, they asked me why I chose that question. Then they asked how it relates to medicine etc. But yea probably only 2-3 questions on it.

Why did you choose question 1? Was that the computer one?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 601
Original post by HooplaKid
Why did you choose question 1? Was that the computer one?

Yea, it was. Well, it just really interested me because I feel it really pertains to medicine, but not directly, so it was a fresh perspective. I.e. For the third part of the essay, where they asked you to conclude what are the limits of computers and machinery, I mentioned that no matter how accurate and efficient they are at diagnosing or even treating, nothing can ever replace the empathy and personal interaction that only healthcare practitioners can provide. Plus immediately upon seeing it I already had a lot of ideas so it was easy to just sit down and start planning/writing.
Original post by Amoey
What is the latest interview date anyone has?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it is 10th February
Reply 603
Does anyone know any gap years already at UCL that were interviewed later in the process? I'm not sure whether I should give up hope yet? I need to prepare for my other interviews but UCL is my first choice so it really hurts tbh
Just wondering if anyone has had any interview invites this week?
Do you get a copy of your BMAT essay at the same time they invite you to interview?
Reply 606
Original post by plsgivemeanoffer
Do you get a copy of your BMAT essay at the same time they invite you to interview?
No, they tell you to arrive at 9:15 for your interview, even though the earliest interviews are at 10:20. So when you arrive, that's when they give it to you and you have half an hour or so the peruse it.

Btw by half an hour I mean assuming you have an interview at 10:20, so if yours is later then you'll have a bit longer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cycl
Yea, it was. Well, it just really interested me because I feel it really pertains to medicine, but not directly, so it was a fresh perspective. I.e. For the third part of the essay, where they asked you to conclude what are the limits of computers and machinery, I mentioned that no matter how accurate and efficient they are at diagnosing or even treating, nothing can ever replace the empathy and personal interaction that only healthcare practitioners can provide. Plus immediately upon seeing it I already had a lot of ideas so it was easy to just sit down and start planning/writing.

What score did you get on your essay, if you don't mind me asking??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 608
Original post by dotmamwa
What score did you get on your essay, if you don't mind me asking??

Posted from TSR Mobile

5A
Original post by cycl
5A

Wow, congrats!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How accurate is the time on the invitation?

Mine says 'around 3:10pm but it's only an estimate' - how late could it be?
I was just thinking in terms of booking a train home
Reply 611
Original post by Beenieeee
How accurate is the time on the invitation?

Mine says 'around 3:10pm but it's only an estimate' - how late could it be?
I was just thinking in terms of booking a train home

Well mine was acc 30 mins earlier, but sometimes they do overrun. So give around 40 mins

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sp22
Well mine was acc 30 mins earlier, but sometimes they do overrun. So give around 40 mins

Posted from TSR Mobile

ey b0ss how was your interview?
Original post by Sp22

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh thanks😊 Did it go okay?
Original post by rose7812
hi, does anyone have an interview on Wednesday the 27th of January (next week). Just wondering how people are planning to get there with the tube strikes happening :/

I do! What time is yours?

I don't live in London and UCL isn't far from Euston station so I don't need to take a tube
Reply 615
Any more invitations?
Original post by Mehek1
Any more invitations?

Yes! Got an interview today! :smile:
Reply 617
Original post by Funky_Giraffe

Congratulations! Do you mind telling me your bmat scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you please share what date your interview is? :wink:
Reply 619

What time?

Quick Reply

Latest