The Student Room Group

Cutting to 10% bf

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kvothe the arcane
I have wondered about this. I know no professional athletes but I do know people who compete for various sports and none of them have over 150g of protein daily. Which they'd have to take to have 1g/lb

Just going off what the last 3 posts have said but diet is obviously dependant on your sport. The extremes of bodybuilding often require more protein than that of other sports.

The amount of protein need isnt exactly clear and most of it is broscience passed on. I tend to just take the advice of people who nave been there and done that, as well as seeing what my body responds to best. I am for about 250g-300g protein a day and only weigh 190ish lbs.
Original post by HappyLifting3.0
Just going off what the last 3 posts have said but diet is obviously dependant on your sport. The extremes of bodybuilding often require more protein than that of other sports.

The amount of protein need isnt exactly clear and most of it is broscience passed on. I tend to just take the advice of people who nave been there and done that, as well as seeing what my body responds to best. I am for about 250g-300g protein a day and only weigh 190ish lbs.

I am way low even the most conservative of goals. I think I'll go for the 100-130 region when diet is optimal.
I am way low even the most conservative of goals. I think I'll go for the 100-130 region when diet is optimal.

I hit 70g just in my breakfast :biggrin:

dfwd.png
(edited 8 years ago)
I hit 70g just in my breakfast :biggrin:

dfwd.png

Oh, you're on mfp too!

Nice :smile:. I guess I could start adding a scoop to my breakies. Peanut butter I've come to adore :tongue:.

Are you the other happy lifting?
Oh, you're on mfp too!

Nice :smile:. I guess I could start adding a scoop to my breakies. Peanut butter I've come to adore :tongue:.

Are you the other happy lifting?

Yeah I am, my accounts temp banned at the moment, got the card reversed so waiting for it to be unbanned. Thought since I shouldn't be banned there isn't any harm in making another account.
Yeah I am, my accounts temp banned at the moment, got the card reversed so waiting for it to be unbanned. Thought since I shouldn't be banned there isn't any harm in making another account.

Right. Well hopefully AC doesn't disagree :wink:.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Hey there,

First of all, I'd like to say well done! Hard work deserves to be recognised and praised :congrats:

Although I don't know that much about weightlifting/body building, I'd suggest that you focus on using equipment in the gym that aims to tone the desired parts of your body.

@WoodyMKC may be of more help in this matter :biggrin:

wrong website mate, use http://www.bodybuilding.com/

Not really. The bodybuilding industry is built on people selling protein supplements and hence recommend stupid amounts of protein; hence people eat extreme amounts of protein

There's no evidence even of elite athletes needing >0.8g/lb
Original post by Angry cucumber
Not really. The bodybuilding industry is built on people selling protein supplements and hence recommend stupid amounts of protein; hence people eat extreme amounts of protein

There's no evidence even of elite athletes needing >0.8g/lb

It know a few BBs which eat a tonne of protein and that works for them. Yet to meet someone who eats less than 1g per lb of body weight.
Original post by HappyLifting
It know a few BBs which eat a tonne of protein and that works for them. Yet to meet someone who eats less than 1g per lb of body weight.

I know lots and all eat a lot of protein. It's not to say it necessarily unhealthy, however it's really expensive urine for them

Bodybuilding is drugs, not the amount of protein either for that matter
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
I know lots and all eat a lot of protein. It's not to say it necessarily unhealthy, however it's really expensive urine for them

Bodybuilding is drugs, not the amount of protein either for that matter
Posted from TSR Mobile

Suppose, then again every sport is drugs and not lots of protein then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samiln
wrong website mate, use http://www.bodybuilding.com/

/sarcasm?

Quick Reply

Latest