The Student Room Group

History of Art Applicants 2015/16!!

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone going to Exeter's history of art day/open day in February? Not sure when it was but I was invited, don't know if I'll be able to go though :l
Is any one here applying UCL's History of Art with Material Study? I feel like only a few people are interested in this particular course.
Original post by Cynthiaonmoon
Is any one here applying UCL's History of Art with Material Study? I feel like only a few people are interested in this particular course.

Hi, I have but I've not heard back yet :frown: which is a bit worrying, I'm hoping they're just waiting till after the 15th. I think it's my top choice, at least, it's between UCL or the Courtauld, neither of which I've heard from :frown: The course itself looks fascinating and seemed the most appropriate considering I want to do conservation afterwards.
Yea, it's worrying because I submitted my application and questionnaire in October and it is my top choice because I'm interested in conservation as well! And I feel like I didn't do well enough in the questionnaire :frown:
Original post by Cynthiaonmoon
Yea, it's worrying because I submitted my application and questionnaire in October and it is my top choice because I'm interested in conservation as well! And I feel like I didn't do well enough in the questionnaire :frown:

I haven't even been sent the questionnaire!:frown: I'm very excited to meet someone who's also interested in conservation.:smile: When I spoke to the head of admissions for the conservation post-grad at the Courtauld she said the UCL material studies was one of the best for going on to conservation. Have you looked at going to the conservation workshop on the 17th of Feb at the Courtauld?
Hey guys,

I am almost done on my university choice. So far I have UCL, SOAS (Asia, Africa, Europe - joint degree with UCL), Edinburgh, UEA. I am reaaaaaally thinking about my fifth choice. Maybe Goldsmiths or Birmingham or St Andrews...... either one. I'm not 100% sure I want to live in London, this is why I'm doubtful about putting 3/5 London based ones. Maybe I will let go of Goldsmiths in favour of Birmingham - it just sounds like fun living there. Other than that I am a Bulgarian student with grades that equal A*AA.
Ohh I know you didn't mention it, but I'd definitely say the Courtauld!
Louise, I haven't been sent it either 😑
Original post by FranScan97
Ohh I know you didn't mention it, but I'd definitely say the Courtauld!

I have been toying with the idea for moths, but today I decided that if I actually get in, it's gonna be too much effort :biggrin: And I am not set out on becoming a world-class scholar, so I don't think the hardship will be worth it. It just seems overly academic, and I don't know if I am a very academic person.... but we'll see, I'm still a bit tempted, it's Courtauld after all
Has anyone else got an interview for the Courtauld? It says we have to do a written test comparing two unseen works :frown:
Original post by louise649
Has anyone else got an interview for the Courtauld? It says we have to do a written test comparing two unseen works :frown:

Yeaaa. I just got an email through. Have you compared two works before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by v-corlh
Yeaaa. I just got an email through. Have you compared two works before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you have to fo it for AS art history so it shouldn't be too bad, I'm just worried I'll freeze and mess it up :frown:
Louise, I haven't been sent it either 😑

Yeah, its worrying I've heard from/ got offers from all but UCL which is really annoying, hopefully, they'll send us it soon. I would have thought if they were going to reject us they would have done it by now.
Oh god, I'm so worried now that I've not got emails from either the Courtauld or UCL..
OK, just looked and I have got an interview for Courtauld!! So happy 😍😍😍
OK, just looked and I have got an interview for Courtauld!! So happy 😍😍😍

That's great! :smile: is yours on the 10th of February too?
No, mine's the 12th :smile: well done to you too! I'm very happy for both of us! What about everyone else guys?
Got an interview with the Courtauld ! Naturally my brain is going crazy with stupid things like "what the hell do I wear?" and "what if I mess up the written test"? Does anyone have any advice ?
Guys, I got an offer from Glasgow! :smile:
But I am still quite nervous about the Warwick interview :biggrin:
And congrats for the Courtauld interviews! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest