The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Francescopsq97
hey guys. Applied to UCL over ya week ago but haven't heard anything from them. they didn't send me the task!

Email or call them first thing tmrw!
Original post by armadsillo
Hey, I don't know if anyone already responded to this but anyway.

I've applied to all the same as you apart from Kent, I applied to Manchester. All of them have asked for portfolios and they've all been pretty similar in the amount of time given/requirements, other than Nottingham who quite specifically asked for 3D and also seemed to take ages to ask for the portfolio at all... The others were really quick.

Good luck!

Hi!

I sent off my portfolio for Newcastle and Liverpool today. Still haven't been asked for a portfolio by the others! Any news?

Good luck to you too
Original post by sherifshehata
Hey :smile:

I applied to UCL, Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle and Kent. I've sent off UCL, Manchester and Newcastle and Sheffield is due tomorrow. However, I haven't even gotten a portfolio request from Kent... is this normal? I sent my application at the beginning of December...

Hi!

I have seen on this forum that quite a few people never received a portfolio assessment, I think if your grades are perhaps a bit lower than the required, they will ask for one.

Best of luck, keep us posted
Hey, anyone else going to UCLon Feb 10th for interview?
I sent my UCL task yesterday with next day first class delivery. When UCL do receive your task, do they notify you as soon as they get it?
Has anyone had an interview for architecure yet? What kind of things did they ask?
Original post by nairline
I sent my UCL task yesterday with next day first class delivery. When UCL do receive your task, do they notify you as soon as they get it?

Yeah, I got an email a week or so later. I was worried, I left mine til the day before my deadline to post it special delivery, but it seemed to arrive ok.
Reply 507
Hey guys! congrats to those who have got their offers !
i m applying to UCL, Cardiff, Manchester, Edinburgh, Kent (in order of preference)
i applied in late November and so far I have got offers from Manchester and Kent...
Just in case anyone wonders about Kent asking for a portfolio - they don't unless for a specific reason (e.g. you're not doing an art based subject)
Also, my manchester offer was lowered down to AAB so if anyone needs any sort of guidance, here is the link http://1177933160.blogspot.co.uk

good luck !
Any one received offers / rejections from Liverpool or Newcastle? if so... how long did it take for them to respond after you sent your portfolio?

Thanks and good luck to you all!
Original post by Rocketluke1
Yeah, I got an email a week or so later. I was worried, I left mine til the day before my deadline to post it special delivery, but it seemed to arrive ok.

My deadline was today! Ha.. Sent from Manchester so hopefully it's arrived. Did you get an interview?
Reply 510
Original post by Francescopsq97
hey guys. Applied to UCL over a week ago but haven't heard anything from them. they didn't send me the task!

wait another week, if they still, have yet to send it to you, then give them a ring!
I hadn't received one 2 weeks after sending my application, so I called and there was apparently some malfunction in the process of sending it to me.
Best of luck!
Reply 511
If anyone has an interview on the 11th of Feb to UCL, give me a shout!:smile:
Original post by nairline
My deadline was today! Ha.. Sent from Manchester so hopefully it's arrived. Did you get an interview?

Yeah it's in a few weeks. I sent mine from Ireland, so you'll be fine. Good luck
I have sent my portfolio to newcatle almost two weeks now, and I haven't heard anything from them yet. 😭
Original post by Rocketluke1
Yeah it's in a few weeks. I sent mine from Ireland, so you'll be fine. Good luck

Congrats dude :smile: !
Reply 515
Hello~ I just wonder if anyone who attended an interview at UCL on 17th of Dec gets any reply yet? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 516
Original post by echolu_
Hello~ I just wonder if anyone who attended an interview at UCL on 17th of Dec gets any reply yet? :smile:

Hey there, in the email I received, it states they should reply within 2 to 3 weeks.. I would recommend you give them a call! Best of luck!!!
Hi!

Again, has anyone received an offer from Liveprool/Sheffield?
Original post by sophiewillis1
Hi!

Again, has anyone received an offer from Liveprool/Sheffield?

Hi Sophie,

I sent my portfolio to liverpool (my first choice) 2 days ago. Not yet heard from Sheffield. Have you got offers?

Good luck!
Reply 519
Thx for replying:smile: But the email also mentioned that sometimes the decision will take longer... So I assume they take a xmas break (for about two weeks?). I really want to call them but will this leave them a bad impression?
Original post by cowie
Hey there, in the email I received, it states they should reply within 2 to 3 weeks.. I would recommend you give them a call! Best of luck!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending