The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt 2016 Applicants - Ask us anything!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
That's great, thank you Alison :smile:

Original post by Heriot-Watt University
Hi elf5

My name is Alison, and I work in the School of Management and Languages (the academic School offering the business degrees).

If you applied by the 15th January UCAS deadline, we're aiming to let you know our decision by end of March at the very latest.

Good luck! :smile:
Alison
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 81
I am wondering if Heriot Watt are considering Chemical Engineering applicants currently, and when the deadline for decisions to be made.
Are chem eng offers being given out yet? I sent my UCAS off at the start of November and still haven't heard
Original post by oladann
I am wondering if Heriot Watt are considering Chemical Engineering applicants currently, and when the deadline for decisions to be made.

Original post by frankyelizabeth
Are chem eng offers being given out yet? I sent my UCAS off at the start of November and still haven't heard

Hi guys,

The team in Chemical Engineering are considering all of our applicants now. They like to give everyone a fair chance so they wait until January 15th before they look at applications.

Hopefully you will hear from us soon, If you have any questions in the meantime don't hesitate to get in touch.

Cheers,
Keir :smile:
Reply 84
Congratulations!! :banana:

Let us know if you have any questions about the institution!

Cheers,
Keir

Hi Keir!

It will be a difficult decision based on the offers I've received, but my question is why I should choose Heriot-Watt University among SOAS, Dundee and Stirling? What makes you unique? What career support the university provides?

Thanks!

唐朝
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 唐 朝
It will be a difficult decision based on the offers I've received, but my question is why I should choose Heriot-Watt University among SOAS, Dundee and Stirling? What makes you unique? What career support the university provides?

Thanks!

唐朝

Hi there,

Well it will always be a personal choice for you. Each institution will have subtle differences. Have a look at our website/social media channels and in the prospectus, if you can make it to the campus for a visit then that is helpful too, I know it is sometimes difficult to visit each institution though.

In terms of what our university prides itself on, we are what you would call an International University. We have a campus in Dubai and in Malaysia. Students can move from one campus to another for a semester if they want to. This basically means that we have lots of international students across all campuses. We actually sit in the top 50 in the world for international outlook.

Hope this has helped but keep asking questions if you want to know more.

Cheers,
Keir
Reply 86
I sent my application mid December for psychology, still had no news. How long do they usually take with offers?
Reply 87
Hi, is there any news as to when the offers for Biology will go out?
Thanks
I just got an offer for business with marketing and i am BUZZZZINNGGGGG!!! Its my first choice so i am so so excited!!
Original post by amy_121
I sent my application mid December for psychology, still had no news. How long do they usually take with offers?

Hi Amy

If you PM us your name and email address I'll get someone in admissions to contact you directly. Officially the deadline for offers is March but they might be able to give you a more accurate timeline as to when you might expect to hear back.
Hang on in there, I know it's an agonizing time!
Cheers

Sophie
Original post by MrsJDJ
Hi, is there any news as to when the offers for Biology will go out?
Thanks

Hi Mrs JDJ

If you PM us your email address and name then I'll see if someone from admissions can get in touch - officially it's March for offers deadline but they might know if something will go out sooner than that.

Cheers

Sophie
Hi, I have just received an unconditional offer from heriot watt yesterday and they emailed me to log in to My HWU. I was given a username however there is no way of setting up a password. How would I set up a password for My HWU?
Original post by sophieljx
I just got an offer for business with marketing and i am BUZZZZINNGGGGG!!! Its my first choice so i am so so excited!!

Hey, what a coincidence! I got an unconditional for business with marketing yesterday and its my first choice too. Are you planning to stay home or stay at the campus?
Original post by sunhaahmed
Hey, what a coincidence! I got an unconditional for business with marketing yesterday and its my first choice too. Are you planning to stay home or stay at the campus?

No, i live in chester (england!) which is about 4 hours away so i will be staying on campus :smile:
Hi, I have just received an unconditional offer from heriot watt yesterday and they emailed me to log in to My HWU. I was given a username however there is no way of setting up a password. How would I set up a password for My HWU?

Hi sunhaahmed,

You should be able to reset the password. If you haven't signed in before then you should just go to reset password (there should be a button) and instructions will be on the next screen.

Hope this helps but if you are still having trouble let me know and I will try to assist.
Cheers,
Keir

Original post by sophieljx
No, i live in chester (england!) which is about 4 hours away so i will be staying on campus :smile:

Forgot to say... congrats on your offer!!!! :banana:

If either of you have any more questions you know where we are!!:smile:

Keir
Any news for chem Eng applicants??
Hi! :smile:
I'm French, I just applied for the Translating and Interpreting MSc.
Do you know how long it will approximately take to receive an offer?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi Shauna,

Apologies for the delay, you might have heard from us by now but I wanted to come back to you here too. I don't think you will be at a disadvantage, we look at all applications on merit. So your personal statement will be read and your teacher reference will also be important.

Cheers,
Keir

Thank you! Sadly still waiting :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long does it take in general to reply to offers?
I have been waiting for almost two weeks while I have already received an offer from Glasgow University.
I am have applied for the Software Engineering MSc.

Quick Reply

Latest