The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medical School Applicants - 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Docjones1
It's about the same ratio of Dundee :smile:

OK, thanks mate appreciate it!
Original post by thelionsroar_
Interview for the 16th February! :smile: anyone else?

Well done! Mine is this date too 😊
(edited 8 years ago)
Who else had interview today? :smile: :frown: :smile: :frown: :colone::frown:

I had mine yesterday too, what time did you have yours?
2:52. I was the awkward spotty guy with glasses XD

Lol seriously, 2;52 ? what a ridiculously specific time man
That's exactly what the person operating it said haha. Why not just make it 3???

I know LOL its extremely strange I know other people have been given very specific appointments too, I really wonder what the admissions people are on LOL
Reply 225
Have all the interviews been sent out?
Reply 226
Original post by idklol
Have all the interviews been sent out?

I think they will still have quite a few to send out! They interview throughout March, and I don't know of anyone with a March interview yet :smile:
Reply 227
Original post by madmed16
I think they will still have quite a few to send out! They interview throughout March, and I don't know of anyone with a March interview yet :smile:
I hope that's the case!!

I have a March interview lol
Reply 229
Original post by idklol
I hope that's the case!!

At least we haven't been rejected yet...so maybe they are just slow :biggrin:
Reply 230
Honestly, if I get rejected from St Andrews, I will be destroyed since it is my first choice tied with UCL, and I've already been rejected from Leeds and Nottingham. :frown:
Original post by Hood15
Honestly, if I get rejected from St Andrews, I will be destroyed since it is my first choice tied with UCL, and I've already been rejected from Leeds and Nottingham. :frown:

Pre or post interview?
Reply 232
Pre or post interview?

Pre interview, so I guess that means I can reapply next year.
I have 5A's + 3A's and 2850 band 2... I haven't heard anything from them. I thought my PS was very strong... :frown:

Are you by any chance a gap year student ??
Reply 234
Original post by OneAfrica
Are you by any chance a gap year student ??

Yeah haha!
Yeah haha!

Do you by anychance have any advice to give to someone like myself that will probably have to take a gap year
Reply 236
Original post by OneAfrica
Do you by anychance have any advice to give to someone like myself that will probably have to take a gap year

Yeah, I can try to give you some!

I guess the first thing is the UKCAT. If someone says you can't study for the UKCAT or get better, that's rubbish! I got 2380 last year, and studied a lot harder this year, and boosted my score up! As did another girl I met at interview! You can definitely improve a lot after a year!

If you're taking a gap year, I would say do something that is going to develop a lot of skills and something that's medically related (if possible)! I know quite a few people that have went abroad for their gap year, but I stayed in Scotland and now I work in the new children's hospital in Glasgow as an events organiser. It's definitely the best thing I've ever done! It's actually really fun, and it's like a year long work experience placement haha! Quite a few people become healthcare assistants or work in care homes! There's so many things you can do I guess. I would just make sure you do something you enjoy!

I hope this helps in some way! Sorry if it doesn't!!
Yeah, I can try to give you some!

I guess the first thing is the UKCAT. If someone says you can't study for the UKCAT or get better, that's rubbish! I got 2380 last year, and studied a lot harder this year, and boosted my score up! As did another girl I met at interview! You can definitely improve a lot after a year!

If you're taking a gap year, I would say do something that is going to develop a lot of skills and something that's medically related (if possible)! I know quite a few people that have went abroad for their gap year, but I stayed in Scotland and now I work in the new children's hospital in Glasgow as an events organiser. It's definitely the best thing I've ever done! It's actually really fun, and it's like a year long work experience placement haha! Quite a few people become healthcare assistants or work in care homes! There's so many things you can do I guess. I would just make sure you do something you enjoy!

I hope this helps in some way! Sorry if it doesn't!!

I'm surprised they let someone so young be an events organiser but congrat that 's awesome! Im assuming its paid, or do they not pay you?
Reply 238
Original post by sunburner
I'm surprised they let someone so young be an events organiser but congrat that 's awesome! Im assuming its paid, or do they not pay you?

Haha, I work for Yorkhill Children's Charity rather than the NHS! I probably wouldn't get a job in NHS events because of my age! Thanks haha! Yeah, it's paid!
Reply 239
Does anyone know if the course at st andrews is traditional or PBL??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending