The Student Room Group

Afghan woman's nose cut of by husband

... After announcing he would be taking another wife, his 6 or 7 year old cousin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/20/world/asia/afghan-womans-nose-is-cut-off-by-her-husband-officials-say.html?_r=0

KABUL, Afghanistan A young woman has been hospitalized in northern Afghanistan and is hoping to travel to Turkey for reconstructive surgery after her husband cut off her nose, the police and the woman’s family said on Tuesday.

The woman, Reza Gul, 20, was attacked by her husband with a knife on Sunday in Shar-Shar, a village in an impoverished and Taliban-controlled part of Faryab Province. Reza Gul was in stable condition on Tuesday in a hospital in Maimana, the provincial capital, according to a spokesman for the Faryab police, Sayed Massoud Yaqubi.

Maroof Samar, a doctor who is the acting director of public health in Faryab, said Reza Gul had been in “very critical condition when she was brought in she had lost much blood.”

Throughout the six years Reza Gul and her husband, Muhammad Khan, 25, have been married, he and members of his family have regularly abused her, beating her and binding her in chains, said Reza Gul’s mother, Zarghona. Mr. Khan regularly went to Iran for work, returned for a few months during which he abused his wife, then left her with his family, she said.

On Sunday afternoon, Zarghona said, Reza Gul and Mr. Khan got into an argument over his having taken his uncle’s 6- or 7-year-old daughter as his fiancée, with the intention of making her his second wife this year. During the dispute, Mr. Khan erupted into a rage, took a knife and cut off his wife’s nose, said Zarghona, who goes by a single name.

Scroll to see replies

Can't wait to hear how U.S. foreign policy caused this. :moon:
How can someone take a six year old as a wife? Wtaf?! There aren't words to described how completely ****ed up this man and his family are.
Makes u like the idea of the death penalty.
Reply 4
Original post by IFoundWonderland
How can someone take a six year old as a wife? Wtaf?! There aren't words to described how completely ****ed up this man and his family are.

Unfortunately, this is not uncommon since this is following Mohammad's example.
Reply 5
What... the ****
:puke:

hand me the scissors - this guy won't be having kids OR wives once I'm done with him ¬_¬

but for real - this is disgusting. What kind of human being can even THINK of doing this? And Im sure this isn't the first time he's been violent to his wife... how could you stay with someone like that?
"a 6 or 7 year old girl"... his UNCLE'S as well - and the uncle is fine with this?

this is on another level
this is why I have no faith left in humanity
Reply 6
Original post by z33
What... the ****

hand me the scissors - this guy won't be having kids OR wives once I'm done with him ¬_¬

but for real - this is disgusting. What kind of human being can even THINK of doing this? And Im sure this isn't the first time he's been violent to his wife... how could you stay with someone like that?
"a 6 or 7 year old girl"... his UNCLE'S as well - and the uncle is fine with this?

this is on another level
this is why I have no faith left in humanity

You are right regarding this not being the first time he has been violent with her. The article mentions that his family was abusive towards her. I do hope she will find security away from this family.
Original post by z33
What... the ****

Calm down there Linda.
Chop his genitals off. He deserves to be in that much pain for doing that to his wife.
Original post by z33
how could you stay with someone like that?

In countries like Afghanistan, leaving isn't as easy an option as it is here.
Reply 10
Original post by AllahFubar
You are right regarding this not being the first time he has been violent with her. The article mentions that his family was abusive towards her. I do hope she will find security away from this family.

I knew it :frown:
I hope she doesn't go back poor lady doesn't deserve this :frown:
She needs to take her kids and run but I don't think Afghanistan have the same support systems in place as in Britain so it's probably much harder for her to get away
Still, anything to get away from that monster!

I'm so grateful for the life I have right now :redface:

No prizes for guessing who they're emulating.
Reply 12
Original post by TSRguy100
Calm down there Linda.

Saw that one coming :/

Original post by Hydeman
In countries like Afghanistan, leaving isn't as easy an option as it is here.

I know I know... but I don't know how you can stay - I mean I've never been in the situation (thank God - and I hope none of us will be) but there's got to be a way and this woman needs to find it before the lunatic kills her!
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No prizes for guessing who they're emulating.

:undefined:sigh

I can't even begin to imagine the fervour and anger you must have inside of you to inflict such suffering on another human being. I wouldn't even hit someone out of fear of hurting them.. never mind anything like this :frown:
Domestic abuse happens in the West too. I don't really see why this is news just because it's a minority. Oh wait that's precisely why this is news you guys are so transparent. Please seek help.
Original post by z33
She needs to take her kids and run

Including the kid he intends to marry!
Original post by z33
I know I know... but I don't know how you can stay - I mean I've never been in the situation (thank God - and I hope none of us will be) but there's got to be a way and this woman needs to find it before the lunatic kills her!

As much as I'd like to agree with you, she has practically no options. Less than a quarter of Afghan women are literate and much fewer than that are educated to a level that would make meaningful employment feasible. It's between going back to him/his family or starving.

Unless she has a very understanding family (unlikely, given the culture), I very much doubt that her life is going to improve in a hurry. Depressing, yes, but true.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AllahFubar
... After announcing he would be taking another wife, his 6 or 7 year old cousin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/20/world/asia/afghan-womans-nose-is-cut-off-by-her-husband-officials-say.html?_r=0

Shame your beloved Allah let this **** happen isn't it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

We're accepting thousands of these people every year. :h:
I just puked a little

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending