The Student Room Group

~Grow Your Grades 2016 Discussion Thread~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kvothe the arcane
A moderator has to A okay the thread.

How d'you mean? It's not letting me create a thread for them to okay in the first place..?
Original post by peterpotatoes
There's a link on the main thread that says "start your blog here", but when I follow the link to the forum, it won't let me post my own thread. Is this how I create a study blog? Am I doing something wrong or is this something happening for everyone until a certain date? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey, this seems to be an issue with many people, but should hopefully be fixed soon. (Monday hopefully)

Will let you know when you're able to post your thread there. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Black Rose
Hey, this seems to be an issue with many people, but should hopefully be fixed soon. (Monday hopefully)

Will let you know when you're able to post your thread there. :smile:

Thanks for the update! I look forward to starting up my blog :smile:
May as well. This will be my 3rd current blog on the site.

How often is it recommended that you update the posts?

You can update as often as you like - every week, whenever you have a test, whenever you feel like it :smile: it's quality not quantity that your blog will be judged on, as long as it's not abandoned for months on end :h:
There's a link on the main thread that says "start your blog here", but when I follow the link to the forum, it won't let me post my own thread. Is this how I create a study blog? Am I doing something wrong or is this something happening for everyone until a certain date? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Apologies about this, we're working on it :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
You can update as often as you like - every week, whenever you have a test, whenever you feel like it :smile: it's quality not quantity that your blog will be judged on, as long as it's not abandoned for months on end :h:

Fair enough :smile:. Quality ey. Better bust out those english books.
Thanks for the update! I look forward to starting up my blog :smile:

I'm glad! :smile:
I'm glad! :smile:

My thread is pending approval :sly:.
My thread is pending approval :sly:.

Okay.. for some it works then :lol: Should be approved now. :smile:

Thanks babe
Reply 29
What does the winner get?

I'm finding flash cards to be extremely effective. I've started making them electronically using Quizlet. Anyone else use flash cards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rftra
What does the winner get?

Prizes haven't been decided yet so suggestions can be made, but last year we had days out vouchers along with Paperchase vouchers. :smile:
Reply 32
Prizes haven't been decided yet so suggestions can be made, but last year we had days out vouchers along with Paperchase vouchers. :smile:

To what extent is considered a reasonable suggestion?
Original post by Rftra
To what extent is considered a reasonable suggestion?

It depends on the CT (Community Team) who decide. :smile:
Reply 34
Aiming for A*A*A*

Fam don't you like have a full time job and walk 10 miles a day :rofl: Where'd you find time to study?!
Original post by Sae.HH
Fam don't you like have a full time job and walk 10 miles a day :rofl: Where'd you find time to study?!

I ain't walking anymore :lol:. I was only doing that because I had no money for the bus. I take bus now. I'll be hitting the library on my non gym days.

I haven't been finding the time to study which is why I started the blog to help get my ass in gear. Have to update the other one later about yesterday.
Original post by heshamkisher
I'm finding flash cards to be extremely effective. I've started making them electronically using Quizlet. Anyone else use flash cards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love using flashcards and Quizlet :love:
Original post by Gingerbread101

When will we be able to do it?!
Original post by jamestg
When will we be able to do it?!
It's an issue with the actual forum so it will be down to the CT to fix this when they're back in the office on Monday :smile:
Original post by heshamkisher

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like using flashcards, haven't made that many though. Looking to make revision resources electronically :yep:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending