AS Level mock results-what are yours?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by anonwinner
A*, A*, A*, A*, A*, A.

A bit disappointed about the A

Pretty impressive getting A*s in AS mocks
Original post by drriversong
Oooh good luck! How well do you think you've done?

I got told by my biology teacher that I got an A, then Chemistry and Decision Maths went well, so I'm hoping for A's in them, but C1 went awfully and I'm expecting a B at best :colondollar:
a)what did you get? AAAB
b)are you disappointed? Happy with French, as that was my worst subject to begin with, so I have improved, but disappointed my B was in English Literature, the subject I want to do at university.Warning, entering exam cliche territory: It was one mark off an A though , and my other English stuff is the best % scores I've got, but I would rather have a lower grade and a kick up the arse now rather than be complacent and think I don't need to work.
c)what subjects do you take? French, History, English Literature and Politics.
d)what grades do you want by summer? AAAA, over 90% generally and over 95% for English and History.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by drriversong
Most people should have had their mocks back by now. So introduce yourself!:h:
a)what did you get?
b)are you disappointed?
c)what subjects do you take?
d)what grades do you want by summer?

a) AABD
b) yes, with the D (in biology)
c) maths, biology, history and politics
d) AAAA
What topics are you doing for Lit and History, just out of curiosity?
(edited 8 years ago)
AAAA <95% in every exam except Biology in which I got 94%, a bit gutted about that.
A in chem, B in maths, C in bio
You must be mortified.
Original post by multieman
AAAA <95% in every exam except Biology in which I got 94%, a bit gutted about that.

wtf gutted?
Original post by zahraaj1
wtf gutted?

Because in order to be within a good chance of getting an offer from Universities such as Cambridge one needs above 95 UMS, ergo if I'm receiving less than this when I haven't even finished the course, I will certainly be modestly distraught.
Reply 30

"<"
you mean ">"
Original post by ozmo19
"<"
you mean ">"

Excuse my foolish mistake.
Incoming the "butthurt" who will use my typo as an excuse to judge the veracity of mt grades.
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
a)what did you get? A (Maths) A (Physics) B (Biology) C (Chemistry)
b)are you disappointed? Very :c
c)what subjects do you take? Above
d)what grades do you want by summer? AAAA

How are you currently revising?
Reply 33
Excuse my foolish mistake.
Incoming the "butthurt" who will use my typo as an excuse to judge the veracity of mt grades.

Don't worry, I have similar grades + target grades
Because in order to be within a good chance of getting an offer from Universities such as Cambridge one needs above 95 UMS, ergo if I'm receiving less than this when I haven't even finished the course, I will certainly be modestly distraught.

You don't need to get massive ums in mocks, firstly ums is overexaggerated anyway and secondly for the real thing you will most likely do a lot more prep so just be happy with what you got :smile:
Original post by Gogregg
I got told by my biology teacher that I got an A, then Chemistry and Decision Maths went well, so I'm hoping for A's in them, but C1 went awfully and I'm expecting a B at best :colondollar:

We've still got a way to go yet-so the A in maths is achievable! :h: Well done btw
Original post by pamplemousse.
a)what did you get? AAAB
b)are you disappointed? Happy with French, as that was my worst subject to begin with, so I have improved, but disappointed my B was in English Literature, the subject I want to do at university.Warning, entering exam cliche territory: It was one mark off an A though , and my other English stuff is the best % scores I've got, but I would rather have a lower grade and a kick up the arse now rather than be complacent and think I don't need to work.
c)what subjects do you take? French, History, English Literature and Politics.
d)what grades do you want by summer? AAAA, over 90% generally and over 95% for English and History.

Well done! I do the same subjects as you bar french! I was also the same as you as I was one mark off an A in my psychology so I know how annoying it is-but we've still got a while yet! What topics are you doing in history? :smile:
Original post by ozmo19
Don't worry, I have similar grades + target grades

Yeah there's nothing wrong with having high targets, just bear in mind you still have a long way to go before your exams plus admission processes are holistic so ums isn't the be all and end all of your application
Original post by pamplemousse.
What topics are you doing for Lit and History, just out of curiosity?

Lit:
Streetcar-which is amazing.
The Secret Agent-Oh, how I hate that book!
Jane Eyre-beautiful piece of prose
Carol Ann Duffy's meantime-boy doesn't that woman like to talk about sex

History:
Tudors (1485-1603)-we have just done Henry VII and now we're doing Henry VIII
Fascist Italy (1900-1926)
Original post by jamestg
a) AABD
b) yes, with the D (in biology)
c) maths, biology, history and politics
d) AAAA

The amount of people in my year who have dropped out of biology is shocking-I think people underestimate it! Well done btw in your other subjects :h:

Quick Reply

Latest