The Student Room Group

Who is/was the best player in your opinion?

There are so many to choose from it is difficult:

Buffon, R.Carlos, Maldini, Ashley Cole, Puyol, John Terry, Thiago Silva, Cafu, Figo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldo

I personally think it is between: Messi, Zidane and Ronaldo BRAZIL/Cristiano. Maybe add Buffon to the list he has been immense for a long time

Scroll to see replies

Zidane
Reply 2
De Gea
A 'best ever' list with no Scholes in it is not a 'best ever' list. I'm not just talking football either, I mean every sport. He's that good.
Reply 4
Jeff Schlupp?
Andros Townsend?
Salomon Kalou?
Quite frankly I'm beyond offended that you've overlooked Pappy Djilibodji
Reply 6
Isn't it unanimously Messi now? Like it's not even an argument? Coming from a C. Ronaldo fan. (And I am referring to best ever)
Reply 7
Original post by Wilfred Little
A 'best ever' list with no Scholes in it is not a 'best ever' list. I'm not just talking football either, I mean every sport. He's that good.

Doesn't have Xavi either so can't take it too badly, a lot of people underrate Scholes for some reason, maybe they never saw him in his prime :dontknow:
Reply 8
Best player/s have to be

CR
Ronaldo
Ronaldhinho
Lahm
Neuer

those are my top 5 without a doubt :wink:
It's evidently Lionel Messi, and if it's any consolation, this is coming from someone who prefers CR7.
Reply 11
Zidane/Brazilian Ronaldo

goat.
Reply 12
Original post by LeyK
Best player/s have to be

CR
Ronaldo
Ronaldhinho
Lahm
Neuer

those are my top 5 without a doubt :wink:

found the German
Reply 13
without a doubt of the last 20 years
Ronaldininho, Zidane and Oliver Khan
Reply 14
Original post by difeo
found the German

Not even close :rofl:

But can't lie... I left out Klose and Muller and who are in Top 10 :getmecoat:
joe kinnear a old w=one though great for spurs and a great manager nufc hero miss him in footballl
Pele, Maradona
Original post by IcEmAn911
Pele, Maradona

Init, no one mentioned them which was shocking, i was literally just about to post them. But messi joins them in the list I think now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Of my life-time? Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. I haven't scoured the archives enough to discuss who is the best ever, but there are plenty who deserve to be in the conversation.
Antonio Valencia in his prime.

(edited 8 years ago)

Latest