The Student Room Group

300/300 in c3 c4 d1?

Are AEA papers good for getting 200/200 in c3&4?

Is AEA papers solely based on C1-4 knowledge?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

The only thing that's 'good' for getting 200/200 in C3 and C4 is the paper you end up sitting. Don't sweat the detail.
Reply 2
Original post by Hippysnake
The only thing that's 'good' for getting 200/200 in C3 and C4 is the paper you end up sitting. Don't sweat the detail.

Not sure if you're stupid or a poor attempt at sarcasm
Original post by Rftra
Not sure if you're stupid or a poor attempt at sarcasm

I'm stupid. I'm also telling the truth. You want 200/200? Get full marks on the exam.
Reply 4
They might help but C3/C4 practice for your board is all you need really
Reply 5
Original post by Rftra
Are AEA papers good for getting 200/200 in c3&4?

Is AEA papers solely based on C1-4 knowledge?

Thanks

standard papers will suffice
Reply 6
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
They might help but C3/C4 practice for your board is all you need really

Because edexcel are asking stranger and stranger question now, paper 3+ years ago all had the same structure
Reply 7
Original post by TeeEm
standard papers will suffice

edexcel are asking stranger and stranger question now, paper 3+ years ago
Reply 8
Original post by Rftra
edexcel are asking stranger and stranger question now, paper 3+ years ago

there are enough harder practice papers around
Reply 9
Original post by TeeEm
there are enough harder practice papers around

Why isn't AEA one of them when it covers c1-4 material?
Reply 10
Original post by Rftra
Why isn't AEA one of them when it covers c1-4 material?

you can use them too but most of the questions there will be too hard
Original post by Rftra
Because edexcel are asking stranger and stranger question now, paper 3+ years ago all had the same structure

This is true of WJEC too. :/ The 2015 papers were murder.
Reply 12
Original post by Hydeman
This is true of WJEC too. :/ The 2015 papers were murder.

You had them for maths as well? :redface:
You had them for maths as well? :redface:

All four of my subjects were with WJEC. :sigh: My school loves that board for some reason.
Reply 14
I got 295/300 without much work, it's possible. I did FM, though, so that made it very easy.
Reply 15
Original post by Hydeman
All four of my subjects were with WJEC. :sigh: My school loves that board for some reason.

To be fair everything else I did at A Level was WJEC. And everything at GCSE except Science, I.T. and Geography I think. I just can't imagine Maths A level without all the super handy Edexcel textbooks..
To be fair everything else I did at A Level was WJEC. And everything at GCSE except Science, I.T. and Geography I think. I just can't imagine Maths A level without all the super handy Edexcel textbooks..

Are they really good? What're the further maths ones like? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Hydeman
Are they really good? What're the further maths ones like? :smile:

I dunno if for general learning they're exactly the best ever but they get the job done very well with regards to teaching the course (all I really needed for FM self-study, though I had a little bit of teaching). I would say the same on the further maths ones; to be fair though they give a few proofs and explain some things properly which is quite nice e.g. for integrating to find arc length and solutions to second order ODEs.
Original post by Rftra

That is true, so in this case it will help for the end of spectrum questions. But most is all upto practice maybe 4 raw marks in the whole paper will be that advanced to be considered. Do AEA though, it is fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by physicsmaths
That is true, so in this case it will help for the end of spectrum questions. But most is all upto practice maybe 4 raw marks in the whole paper will be that advanced to be considered. Do AEA though, it is fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much I will (:
What resource will help me complete the AEA course?

Quick Reply

Latest