Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by labeeba_m
It's my first interview too 😫😫

Mine too !! Fingers crossed ! See you tomorrow x
Original post by Amy2986
Mine too !! Fingers crossed ! See you tomorrow x

Hopefully it all goes well for us, I'll see you tomorrow x
Seeing alot of people have interviews today. How did you all get on?

I recieved my child nursing interview for Angila Ruskin this morning for the 15th of feb. So excited! Have my tests for Wolverhampton on the 9th of feb and just waiting to hear from Staffordshire and DMU that i had on tues and weds. They said we would hear back straight away from staffs if it was a definite no. So i keep checking my emails every 5 minutes haha DMU also said they would take no longer than 2 weeks to get back to us x
Original post by tilba
I have an interview at LSBU in a couple of weeks and am so worried about it, has anyone had one here before? I've heard something about an essay?

Both maths are english are done with computer. You have 15 mins for english (3 out of 5) and 30 mins for maths (6 out of 10).
English you have a comprehension and you have to answer the 5 questions, not that difficult. I think the maths was tricky. I did not pass for 1 question.
Good luck 👍🏾
Has anyone got any tips on what questions to expect at uni interviews?
Original post by Hayley Moon
Has anyone got any tips on what questions to expect at uni interviews?

Hi hayley, cant give much away in regards to interview information but make sure and know your stuff inside out! Don't just know the 6 c's, know what they mean and how you would be able to demonstrate one of them in a certain situation for example, how would you demonstrate compassionate care? So it's not just knowing a word, it's having the understanding of it. Don't stop reading the nmc code of conduct, the nhs values, the francis report etc know excatly why you want to do that particular branch. Read the news everyday and actually take an interest in the job you'll hopefully be doing the rest of your life. If you're passionate it will show clearly! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do absolutely fine! Goodluck xx
Anyone herd anything back about an offer from cov uni. Also how long does it take to hear back after interview anybody know?
Had my interview at edge hill a couple of weeks ago and received a letter to say I wouldn't have a decision until April, has everyone had the same or has anyone been offered a place? X
Hi, has anyone heard back from York or Northumbria in regard to an interview? Also has anyone attended an interview at Teeside? I have an invite to one at the start of March and I'm feeling nervous for the interview part as I don't much like interviews.
Original post by ChildNursing13
Hi, has anyone heard back from York or Northumbria in regard to an interview? Also has anyone attended an interview at Teeside? I have an invite to one at the start of March and I'm feeling nervous for the interview part as I don't much like interviews.

Hello, I have applied to York but still haven't heard anything. Had interview at Teesside in November and Northumbria in December but still waiting to hear anymore from them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 850
Hiya!
Has anyone had an offer from Birmingham City for children's nursing September 2016 intake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by natalia97
BTW

Anyone knows when we can apply for student finance ?

I think it's end of February that it begins
Original post by kjade95
Hello, I have applied to York but still haven't heard anything. Had interview at Teesside in November and Northumbria in December but still waiting to hear anymore from them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! How long after you sent off your ucas before you heard back from Northumbria? Also would you be able to tell me the structure of the interview process there and what the numeracy and literacy test is like?

For Teeside second reference. Did you have to take the actual reference with you on the day or do they just send an email out to whoever you put down?

Sorry for so many questions. Also good luck! I how you hear back from them soon.
Hi! How long after you sent off your ucas before you heard back from Northumbria? Also would you be able to tell me the structure of the interview process there and what the numeracy and literacy test is like?

For Teeside second reference. Did you have to take the actual reference with you on the day or do they just send an email out to whoever you put down?

Sorry for so many questions. Also good luck! I how you hear back from them soon.

Can't answer all the questions as i've only applied for North.. However, i heard back after 3 weeks for an interview i sent off on the 18th December! The interview you watch a presentation basically about the course then theres a written task on a video that you watch. No maths/english tests for Northumbria. However, other universities have practise papers online to prepare you

Also usually the second reference thing is after you've got an offer.. (just going on what Northumbria do here though)
Original post by debs_111
Can't answer all the questions as i've only applied for North.. However, i heard back after 3 weeks for an interview i sent off on the 18th December! The interview you watch a presentation basically about the course then theres a written task on a video that you watch. No maths/english tests for Northumbria. However, other universities have practise papers online to prepare you

Also usually the second reference thing is after you've got an offer.. (just going on what Northumbria do here though)

Hi. Thank you for the response. Part of the 'interview essential' was a second reference which I believe they need at the day of my interview or I won't get the interview. I'm a little confused as to whether they want it in writing on the day or just the referee's details so they can email them.

Oh so there is no Maths or English test at Northumbria anymore? I know they used to have them when my friend applied a few years back. Thank you for the help. I have been practising past papers and looking on bitesize. Teeside practise Maths looks doable but I don't know if the format will be the same.

Have you been offer a places on their programme? What was the structure of the interview? How long was it? I heard somewhere that they only pick 2 out of the group interview for a one to one. No idea if that's true.

Thank you.
Hi. Thank you for the response. Part of the 'interview essential' was a second reference which I believe they need at the day of my interview or I won't get the interview. I'm a little confused as to whether they want it in writing on the day or just the referee's details so they can email them.

Oh so there is no Maths or English test at Northumbria anymore? I know they used to have them when my friend applied a few years back. Thank you for the help. I have been practising past papers and looking on bitesize. Teeside practise Maths looks doable but I don't know if the format will be the same.

Have you been offer a places on their programme? What was the structure of the interview? How long was it? I heard somewhere that they only pick 2 out of the group interview for a one to one. No idea if that's true.

Thank you.

Oh no idea then, northumbria ask you for it after you've been offered a place along with DBS check etc, all uni's are different i suppose haha.

I was offered a place last year, but missed the grade on one of my alevels (gutted) so i've decided to reapply just currently making up the points, but fingers crossed!!

Nope no English and Maths, thanks God! Just a written activity answering one question about the video show, you're given ten minutes to do this, it is then marked out of 15.
It started around 9.15 and was finished about 12. Nope everyone has an individual interview it usually lasts around 10 minutes and they ask you a couple of questions

No problem at all.. I heard on 25th November after submitting 23rd October:smile: so not too bad! There's a short written literacy test, just scenario based and no maths test. Then you have a short group interview and a short 1-1 interview. It's very relaxed, the staff and everyone I met were lovely:smile: I didn't have to send a second reference but that could be because my tutor put my work reference in with her reference too so in affect I already had two:smile:

Thanks a lot, let me know if you need anymore info. Happy to help with the bits I'm allowed to say:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by debs_111
Oh no idea then, northumbria ask you for it after you've been offered a place along with DBS check etc, all uni's are different i suppose haha.

I was offered a place last year, but missed the grade on one of my alevels (gutted) so i've decided to reapply just currently making up the points, but fingers crossed!!

Nope no English and Maths, thanks God! Just a written activity answering one question about the video show, you're given ten minutes to do this, it is then marked out of 15.
It started around 9.15 and was finished about 12. Nope everyone has an individual interview it usually lasts around 10 minutes and they ask you a couple of questions

Yeah, each uni is vey different. I can always email them and ask.

Sorry to hear about that. I missed out on my Northumbria interview last year because I was on holiday. I was gutted! Have you had an interview and an offer from Northumbria this year?

Did they change this recently? It's nice to know that ther isn't the added pressure of the maths test anymore. Would you say th questions were hard? I sometime find it hard to put words into paper especially in a short amount of time. Do you know how the mark system work? And what is their pass mark?

Wow that's a pretty short amount of time. I heard for some uni the interview can last all day.

Thank you for your help.

Original post by kjade95
No problem at all.. I heard on 25th November after submitting 23rd October:smile: so not too bad! There's a short written literacy test, just scenario based and no maths test. Then you have a short group interview and a short 1-1 interview. It's very relaxed, the staff and everyone I met were lovely:smile: I didn't have to send a second reference but that could be because my tutor put my work reference in with her reference too so in affect I already had two:smile:

Thanks a lot, let me know if you need anymore info. Happy to help with the bits I'm allowed to say:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So that's roughly a month. That's good to know abo the time span between submitting and an invite to an interview. Did you say your still waiting to hear back after the interview?

Thank you for all of your help.
Yeah, each uni is vey different. I can always email them and ask.

Sorry to hear about that. I missed out on my Northumbria interview last year because I was on holiday. I was gutted! Have you had an interview and an offer from Northumbria this year?

Did they change this recently? It's nice to know that ther isn't the added pressure of the maths test anymore. Would you say th questions were hard? I sometime find it hard to put words into paper especially in a short amount of time. Do you know how the mark system work? And what is their pass mark?

Wow that's a pretty short amount of time. I heard for some uni the interview can last all day.

Thank you for your help.

I had my interview last week, sent my application off on the 17th December, so heard fairly quickly considering they closed for xmas. Which was good because i hate waiting!!!

I couldn't tell you! i'm only 19 so very new to the whole process myself really... i'm not very good at doing it either, struggle a little when i'm being timed like that but it worked out ok for me last year. They have 3 sections all worth 5 marks each, i can't remember exactly what they said. but its marked mainly on your ability to write good english/grammar etc

I'm sure they can i only ever went to North because when i got my offer last year i withdrew from everywhere else knowing i wanted to go there, it was only few hours last year as well, but as you say everywhere is different and it depends on how many people are in the interview i guess. There was around 20 in mine so it wouldn't take all day and theres no tests so that will shorten the time!

So that's roughly a month. That's good to know abo the time span between submitting and an invite to an interview. Did you say your still waiting to hear back after the interview?

Thank you for all of your help.

Yes I am, they said at interview it would probably be March time as they used to send out offers straight away but we're thinking of doing it like other uni's this year and waiting til they'd interviewed everyone:smile: they also give out 90 ish places (they over fill because they know people might go elsewhere) 30 places for September, 30 for March and then the 30 for people that might choose another you. It's just pot luck whether you get March or September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest