The Student Room Group

Is it time to ban valentines day

Celebrations such as this only encourage suicide, drugs and illegal sex. One of the most played films at this time of year is Romeo and Juliet which is filled with all of these things and corrupts our youth, the fact it is taught to 13 and 14 year olds disgusts me. Why do the British insist on celebrating such foolish festivals such as this which are morally reprehensible while ignoring proper celebrations such as Eid?

Scroll to see replies

As a 28 year old virgin, i find this day most triggering it absoloutely needs to be banned
My birthday is on valentines day.:smug:
Original post by intelligent con
Celebrations such as this only encourage suicide, drugs and illegal sex. One of the most played films at this time of year is Romeo and Juliet which is filled with all of these things and corrupts our youth, the fact it is taught to 13 and 14 year olds disgusts me. Why do the British insist on celebrating such foolish festivals such as this which are morally reprehensible while ignoring proper celebrations such as Eid?

rofl 9/10

but yeah juliet was 14 when she got pounded by romeo, she was a little slut!
I take it you're single OP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes! I think Valentines Day is a scam.
Just to buy pointless stuff. I mean who needs a day to show someone you care? That should be everyday!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Incredible97
Yes! I think Valentine's Day is a scam.
Just to buy pointless stuff. I mean who needs a day to show someone you care? That should be everyday!

Like Christmas then?

Aw don't worry, you'll get a Valentine someday
I think it's great for people who are in relationships. Just think of it as a really romantic time of year
Original post by MountKimbie
Like Christmas then?

Christmas is totally different to valentines day
Original post by Incredible97
Christmas is totally different to valentines day

To quote you, "Yes! I think Valentine's Day is a scam.
Just to buy pointless stuff. I mean who needs a day to show someone you care? That should be everyday!"

How is this any different to Christmas?
I think we should replace it with a kinky day of the year for all sorts of naughtiness :smile:
Original post by Desserts66
I think we should replace it with a kinky day of the year for all sorts of naughtiness :smile:

Care to elaborate?
Original post by Ya Jus Dunno.
Care to elaborate?

Know what im saying bruh
No, I think it's lovely! If you don't like it, don't celebrate it :h:
Reply 15

Yeah but :goodluck: with that one chum that's like banning Mother's Day due to women...
Reply 16
yeaaah
Hey, some of us want to buy some dope ass watches for ourselves! #ValentineSales
Original post by driftawaay
rofl 9/10

but yeah juliet was 14 when she got pounded by romeo, she was a little slut!
huh ? Romeo and Juliet were married ...
Original post by mariachi
huh ? Romeo and Juliet were married ...

And your point is?

Quick Reply

Latest