The Student Room Group

How bad is having sex before marriage to God?

Scroll to see replies

Step 1: get a slave step 2: have sex with slave step 3: repeat step 2 till marriage (or after if you like) step 4: Go to Muslim heaven.
Original post by Anonymous
Sex before marriage is a sin, as is a relationship before marriage. Zina (illegal sexual acts) is a major sin and therefore what a Muslim should do is avoid anything that could lead to it, (being alone with a non mehram, touching, eye contact)

Zina (fornication, adultery) is a serious crime and a major sin which takes away the quality of faith from a person, and exposes him to punishment and humiliation unless he repents.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is a Faahishah (i.e. anything that transgresses its limits: a great sin, and an evil way that leads one to hell unless Allaah Forgives him)” [al-Isra’ 17:32]

and the Prophet pbuh said: “No adulterer is a believer at the time when he is committing adultery” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2475) and Muslim (57).

And he said: “If a man commits zina, faith comes out of him and hovers over him like a cloud, then when he stops, faith returns to him.”

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts). That is purer for them. Verily, Allaah is All‑Aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts)” [al-Noor 24:30-31]

Allah knows what is best for us and that's why He has forbidden what is bad, sex before marriage would lead to children before marriage, it means there's no true reason for this man to stay commited to you, so who is to say that the man you haven't married who claims to love you wont leave you in the future? (i'm not sure how to word this but i hope it made sense)

I mean i know you can say he wouldn't leave you because he loves you, but if you are both pious or he is and pleasing Allah is something you worry about, if he meant it when he said he loves you he'd think about your Akhirah and would not be making you sin by having sex with you, (and vice versa)

Islam allows and encourages sex (like its a man's duty to not leave his wife without sex for over four months), but you should do it only in a way that pleases Allah.

Yes but what's to say this is so different from marriage. The man can divorce you and leave you in the future, the only difference is that they would walk away feeling that this is legal in the eyes of God. idk whether you get divorced in a relationship or leave someone in a relationship, it kind of seems the same doesn't it?
I don't know about Allah but Yahweh cares about everything concerning his creation. He loves his creation therefore every aspect of a person is extremely important to him. He even knows the exact number of hairs on your head because he cares, these 'small' things matter so much to him and that's why we call him God because of his awesomeness.

Sounds legit, given he's the all powerful all knowing being.

In a perfect world, what you described would always have a good, sound ending without any effects and consequences but we all know that hardly ever happens in reality.

Does anything? What is a "good, sound" ending? Every action has consequences and effects which can be good or bad, but then I go back to the point of what is good or bad to you exactly?

With sex comes a lot of new worries and possible responsibilities. It isn't just about 'love' any more. You have to consider so much more. I didn't really care about this until I experienced some sort of sexual contact. If the possibility or never having unwanted pregnancy, receiving STIs and having your heart broken was certain, I would be a different person and agree.

Heartbreak can happen regardless of sex, STIs can happen inside of marriage, so can unwanted pregnancy. I'm failing to see the point being made here.

Unless you're living for the moment only then yes, go ahead but just know that with every decision comes consequences whether good or bad. It hit me the other day how one decision can change your life forever. And this isn't to scare any one and I'm not even just talking about having sex but in general. It's just I haven't recovered or been the same ever since knowing of my friend's pregnancy. It makes me so depressed because she's only 17, it was her first time and they used protection which scared the crap out of me- I know she wished to finish her education then after settle down and have a child which is why is makes me so upset. She doesn't want this.

If your God wanted the best, then possibly with him being an all powerful being he would have prevented the pregnancy, thus leading us to the conclusion that your God either has "his" mind elsewhere, is not a force for good, is not all powerful or that he doesn't exist. Alternatively, he thought the pregnancy was the best. Either conclusion would lead you to think that you can have all the sex before marriage you want (or in your case, don't want I suppose) as either God's opinion is irrelevant or it'll be sorted anyway, bcuz God's plan, innit?

I know not everyone female will get pregnant like she did but from what I know, my God only wishes the best for his creation. It may sound crazy waiting until marriage but I definitely see why he may say so, not just because of pregnancy or anything but for many other reasons.

With the evidence you've given me so far, I'm unable to see why any God would give the rule that his followers must not have sex before marriage.

I'd be interested to hear these "many other reasons" of yours, if you have the time.
Reply 83
Interesting question, the thing with religion: be it christianity or islam, the scripts are very old. I am not saying religion is a bad thing at all, but historically religion was used as a mean to control. Of course when it was first instigated and manifested, the core ideology was about love and goodness. But as time progressed, religion was used as a means to control, which in a patriarchal society which has been all of history, prevented women from premarital sex. Sex is sex. All you are doing is sticking one intermittent organ into another. Animals frequently do it. I understand we are meant to be the almighty species, but life is for living.You should not be afraid of doing something natural in fear of a god. If this god is omnibenevolent, surely doing something our core being craves is forgivable.

Equally, marriage does not insinuate happiness, how would it? Just because you are married, it does not mean you are going to be happy. Some people enjoy the unrestricted way of being simply a couple and not married :smile:
Can someone show me proof that they have been frowned upon by God after having pre-marital sex?
Original post by Cherry82
I'm not trying to sound angry and judgemental however if you consider yourself a Muslim however you're in favour with sex before marriage though your religion evidently preaches against it...erm correct me if I am wrong but aren't you being extremely hypocritical? Things aren't adding up. Just saying this out there because I'm tired of the double, two side/faced attitude some religious people portray and I'm a Christian. I'm not perfect but I definitely try to follow what I believe is right in consideration with the bible and my religion. You can't just pick and choose. You're either in or out, hot or cold, luke-warms are problematic. It's ok to be unsure but be honest about it- don't put a front because it's deceiving. I'm waiting for someone who thinks they 'know' the bible to tell and ask me well do I eat shellfish or mix fabric materials? -_- please do your research on the matter and understand certain fundamentals in Christianity before asking such patronising, silly questions. Not to sound rude but I'm so sick and tired of hearing these ones, it's so ancient!

Wow religion is a lot different from my point of view as it is to yours.

To me , being Muslim isn't really an identity, although many people believe it is. It's a path, and it guides you to becoming a better person. Yes, I pick and choose, but this is because I want to use judgment in my decision, especially since some of the rules in Islam are outdated/cultural. It's not hypocritical just because I'm trying to think for myself.
God doesn't exist so it doesn't bother him..... :smile:
Original post by abruiseonthesky
If God exists and truly is all-loving and forgiving, some sex before marriage shouldn't be an issue imo. It's not a crime in this country :smile:

Imo religious texts should be viewed in the context of the societies in the times that they were writen. At the time the Bible/Qu'ran etc. were written society was a lot different to the west now in that homosexuality wasn't acceptable, sex outside of marriage wasn't acceptable, women were commodities... society's changed.

you look muslim, have you?
The really weird thing about Islam is you can't have sex while you are on earth when it is a lot of a fun but you get unlimited amounts when you haven't got a body any more so it is of no use to you. :biggrin:

It isn't just Muslims though, quite a lot of other religions have a problem with men and women having pleasure through utilising their sexual organs. You wonder why the gods of all these various sects have such a problem with a bit of bonking? They would have been better off not creating willies if there was such a problem with using them....

And why create the clitoris?? That just LOVES being stimulated. Why if it is so wrong? :smile:
Reply 89
Tbh with you this is not just a sin in Islam but it is also a crime and under Islamic law you will be given 100 lashes in a public flogging if you were to be caught doing this. That tells you that this is a serious issue in Islam.
Wow religion is a lot different from my point of view as it is to yours.

To me , being Muslim isn't really an identity, although many people believe it is. It's a path, and it guides you to becoming a better person. Yes, I pick and choose, but this is because I want to use judgment in my decision, especially since some of the rules in Islam are outdated/cultural. It's not hypocritical just because I'm trying to think for myself.

Ok, I'm not a Muslim but I am a Christian and maybe my thoughts are centred around my faith. I'm not as knowledgeable with Islam compared to Christianity but if you believed in something wouldn't you follow it? If you believe in 'Allah' and that 'Muhammed' was a God sent prophet wouldn't that mean you would view his teachings as prophetic and God sent? Meaning his teachings as central or detrimental...Apparently Muslims in general believe the Quran is good, it teaches good and is close to perfect if not perfect- I'm not saying this is you however if something is 'good' why would you need to pick and choose?

Outdated? In what way, I'm curious?
This isn't directly at you, well I hope you're not like this but in all honesty- people who pick and choose then condemn others when they do something they disprove of towards their religion piss me off entirely. Though their religion says otherwise I can't believe they have the cheek to then tell someone else they are in the wrong. Like oh please. My response to these kind of religious people is since when where you God?
you look muslim, have you?

I'm atheist. Half Pakistani, half English ethnically.
Reply 92
[QUOTE=Anonymous;62170393]I'm a 18 and Muslim. I've been having a hard time thinking how bad sex before marriage really is. I don't mean like sleeping around, but like if you're in a relationship and really love your partner. Some people are more happy and in love in a non-married relationship than in a married one, so why does God frown on sex before marriage. In addition, some people have more commitment in a non-married relationship than in a married one. idk really would like to hear some peoples opinions.
1) God doesn't exist 2) If he did cant believe this would be top of his priority list to get angry about 3)Don't be constrained by repressive religion.
i would rather go to hell than bow down to this egocentric god and his petty demands, who wants everyone to pray to him and its not like he listens anyways but rather brings down earthquakes, floods, famine and these over the people who are of faith and the ones who are killing innocent people, controlling populations without their knowledge, polluting and destroying this planet are just fine...sorry about the rant but my grandpa is seriously ill at the moment and he's one of the most god loving and genuinely nice person i know and still hes dying of cancer and is in his last days on earth and seeing someone who loves and obeys god so much dying infront of your eyes in pain all the time after all the devotion from him, what kind of god is that who lets his devotees go through hell like that...and dont come back with bull**** like ohhhh hes testing their faith to see if they still believe in him, thats just bullcrap...there might be some truth to how religions started (although i think it was made up to keep people in check and keep them believing in something rather than nothing) but throughout the years, the truth has eroded away and what we are left with is a skeleton of ambiguities
ohh and if you do believe in god, he/she will probably punish you for most of the stuff you do throughout your life including pre-martial sex soooo yhhh good luck :smile:
Do what you want. Live your life as you want to.
It's incredibly serious, I mean seriously do you even have to ask? Think about it for a second...

You're a God, you've created the entire Universe, you've lorded over it for billions of years, created billions upon billions of stars, worlds, seeded trillions of lifeforms across the cosmos, you are a timeless omniscient being.

Then what happens, one of your creations on planet 11297734, Homo Sapiens, a race which lives for around 80 orbits of it's world around its star,, has sexual intercourse prior to a ceremonial institution you have created for them.

I mean **** me what are you going to do, everything is ******* now. You need to teach them a lesson, you need to punish them, they need to feel your anger, your rage, how dare they.

So as you can see OP, it's a high priority issue and you're in serious ****.
It is the worst sin in God's eyes.
But he'll forgive us, okay? Because he knows how good sex feels :smile:
It's absolutely fine.

I won't beat around the bush in my answer:
There's nothing wrong with cherry-picking what you follow in religion (presuming there are rules against it in the Qur'an usw. usf.)
If anything (if you had to be religious), religion should be there to provide comfort and guidance, so you can pick which bits suit you and which bits don't.
My personal opinion is basically what the same as what someone said earlier on said about some scriptures are out of date. I am not trying to pick and choose but I am Christian and I believe the bible only says not to have sex before marriage so children aren't born out of wedlock.

I wouldn't condem anyone if they did have children outside of wedlock, that is their choice. However, I do believe children should be bought up with married parent.

Although with contraception this isn't a problem. I have no issue with contraception either because I believe if God didn't want us to use it, then he wouldn't have given man the skill and knowlege to invent it in the first place.

I am sorry I am a Christian so I'm basing this on the bible and my faith. I don't know how different this is to Islam.
Reply 99
Wow and people call me conspiracy theorist. You probably think jesuits control the world also

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending