The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LegalLab
Nothing but I don't expect to receive an interview off them if the applications iv done so far are anything to go by

Ditto
Original post by LadyLaw23
Agreed - that's actually quite annoying considering the time taken by Chambers to personalise rejection emails to everyone else...

Oh, they weren't personalised.

That's why we were laughing at their 'great interest' comment.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Oh, they weren't personalised.

That's why we were laughing at their 'great interest' comment.

That's the reason why I find it all the more odd that some of us haven't received replies at all surely it's just a case of going through a list changing the names and email addresses or doing a mail merge. I can't lie I am bitterly disappointed that I didn't even get so much as a rejection but I suppose it'll make me appreciate those types of emails all the more now .... In an odd kind of way ...
That's the reason why I find it all the more odd that some of us haven't received replies at all surely it's just a case of going through a list changing the names and email addresses or doing a mail merge. I can't lie I am bitterly disappointed that I didn't even get so much as a rejection but I suppose it'll make me appreciate those types of emails all the more now .... In an odd kind of way ...

Don't take it to heart. I very much doubt that there was a conscious decision behind it. The idea of barristers sitting there and deciding which rejectees are 'worth' an email is pretty far-fetched imho.
Just finished my New Square app.

Note to self: a limit of 200 words does not indicate that a question will be quick to answer convincingly.

I guess whatever else happens, this process teaches you a thing or two.
Seems I've been rejected from Radcliffe, Quadrant, and Serle Court.

That's 3 years in a row without interview. Think I'll stop there :biggrin:
Original post by Radebe91
Seems I've been rejected from Radcliffe, Quadrant, and Serle Court.

That's 3 years in a row without interview. Think I'll stop there :biggrin:

Commiserations :frown:

It seems a little odd that Quadrant gave you an apparently rare mini but didn't interview you.
Were interview invites made by Quadrant today, then? I've heard nothing.
Original post by Forum User
Were interview invites made by Quadrant today, then? I've heard nothing.

I'm making a couple of suppositions to be honest, on the basis that Quadrant were supposed to send invites today and Serle Court have sent invites today.
Have just turned the Radcliffe rejection letter into scrap paper. Not out of temper, rather because of the standard paper it's printed on. Letters from any chambers should be on substantial stationery, certainly headed and preferably embossed.

If you're so old fashioned that you're going to mess about with the postal system, do it properly.

Rant over.

And yes, I too like the idea of

Dear Xyz,

You have been REJECTED.

Sincerely,

Abc Chambers

Short, to the point. No false hopes and no attempted personalisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
First rounds for XXIV out :smile:

Congratulations!!
Original post by Aspiring Barista
Anybody heard anything from Quadrant?

I'm making a couple of suppositions to be honest, on the basis that Quadrant were supposed to send invites today and Serle Court have sent invites today.

Has anyone actually heard anything from them yet either way? Seeing as interviews are supposed to be w/c 1 Feb, although unlikely, it is possible they've just fallen behind schedule and will be sending rejections/invites early next week. Not that I'm expecting anything other than a rejection for myself, but it might be good news for someone else.
Original post by LadyLaw23
Has anyone actually heard anything from them yet either way? Seeing as interviews are supposed to be w/c 1 Feb, although unlikely, it is possible they've just fallen behind schedule and will be sending rejections/invites early next week. Not that I'm expecting anything other than a rejection for myself, but it might be good news for someone else.

I don't know anyone else applying so couldn't say. I would have expected them to change their website info if the schedule was changing, but maybe that's too much to ask.
I don't know anyone else applying so couldn't say. I would have expected them to change their website info if the schedule was changing, but maybe that's too much to ask.

Fair enough. Re the website, they still haven't removed the link to the application form, or the form itself for that matter, so I think it very unlikely that they'd bother updating the schedule.

Edit: Just checked the thread from last year, rejections were sent around 10-11 Feb. Don't know when the deadline was, but looks like they might be in the habit of falling behind schedule a bit...
(edited 8 years ago)
Rejection letter from Serle Court this morning half expected a letter from Radcliffe despite not getting an email but most definitely a rejection by silence from them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejection letter from Serle Court this morning half expected a letter from Radcliffe despite not getting an email but most definitely a rejection by silence from them

Commiserations and I haven't got anything from Radcliffe yet either, so I'm also considering that one a bust.
This is my application making/ response waiting-for theme

This is my application making/ response waiting-for theme

Brilliant!
Original post by Forum User
That sucks. Falcon never even bothered to contact me at all - despite all other unsuccessful candidates getting a letter, apparently. So I must have been in the special 'not even worth the price of postage' pile there :smile:

I've got 4 identical letters from falcon. All on their crisp posh paper. Not from the same year tho, I've been applying religiously since 2012....
Reply 239
Has anybody heard from Ten Old Square? Interviews are supposedly taking place on Thursday, so I guess I can take that as a rejection by silence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending