The Student Room Group

Problem with TSR app

Scroll to see replies

Any update on this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danny786
Any update on this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course not, the app will never be updated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't say that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any update on this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was just about to make a thread asking for an update on this.

The ability to rep on the app would make my life a lot easier ... :sigh:
I gave up on the app :lol:

Thank god for high-res phone screens, I just use the desktop version of the site on my phone...
Original post by Alexion
I gave up on the app :lol:

Thank god for high-res phone screens, I just use the desktop version of the site on my phone...

The mobile site is really slow for me?

When I want to rep people, I try to access the mobile site to rep them but majority of the time, it won't let me - it's sad because there are so many times I want to rep but can't. :sigh:

What phone do you have, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by acupofgreentea
The mobile site is really slow for me?

When I want to rep people, I try to access the mobile site to rep them but majority of the time, it won't let me - it's sad because there are so many times I want to rep but can't. :sigh:

What phone do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

LG G4 :h: it has as much RAM as my old laptop so I don't have any problems with the site :3

Do you mean the mobile version of the site or the desktop version accessed via mobile? The desktop version loads much faster (you can tell browsers to request the desktop version rather than the mobile site)
(edited 8 years ago)
Were still waiting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
We'll be waiting for a looooong time...
Original post by Aula
We'll be waiting for a looooong time...

I use this app daily and captain jack said there will be an update in the new year so I'm hoping soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Jack
Hi everyone,

We've spotted a few problems with the TSR app that have happened over the weekend - e.g the unread and latest feeds not containing anything.

We are investigating but if you notice anything, please let me know below as well.

Thanks,
Jack

3 months and still no update on the update.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
I use this app daily and captain jack said there will be an update in the new year so I'm hoping soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah... Captain jack says a lot of things...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by DiddyDec
3 months and still no update on the update.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Aula
Yeah... Captain jack says a lot of things...

Hiya,

I know you're keen for us to have a new app, and I would love to have one too.

The existing app problems were fixed. We looked into a minor upgrade but the third party we use won't customise their app, so the new version doesn't work with TSR unfortunately. At the moment we're still looking into it.

In addition, we are now working on plans to build a new app from scratch, still planned for 2016.

Sorry it will take longer than you would want.

Jack
Hiya,

The existing app problems were fixed. We looked into a minor upgrade but the third party we use won't customise their app, so the new version doesn't work with TSR unfortunately. At the moment we're still looking into it.

In addition, we are now working on plans to build a new app from scratch, still planned for 2016.

Jack

The bugs aren't fixed. The app still crashes or randomly takes you back to Latest Threads when you are reading through a thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Hiya,

Jack

If you still haven't found any aid by the summer holidays I could work on it?

The bugs aren't fixed. The app still crashes or randomly takes you back to Latest Threads when you are reading through a thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.
When is the app going to fixed?

It has been buggy for months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The third party won't customise this app who made it. So I assume, never.
You're better off waiting for the next one if there will be a next one at some point this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The third party won't customise this app who made it. So I assume, never.
You're better off waiting for the next one if there will be a next one at some point this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fixing doesn't involve customising. It used to work and even show the names of people quoted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
When is the app going to fixed?

It has been buggy for months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest