The Student Room Group

Requesting new certificate from College?

Hi all,

I finished my A levels last year.

Two quick questions:
1) When I google 'A level certificate' I see official certificates printed directly by OCR/AQA. Should I have received these?!All I received on results day was a generic-looking results page from my College (I attached a picture with the personal details removed). Crap, am I actually missing something?!

2) I resat an a AS exam (back then) and got a very poor result. The thing is, my A2 certificate shows my individual exam results, under my overall grades.

I'm applying to higher education in another country. I want to 'clean up' my certificate if possible and just get that resit removed. It seems like it shouldn't be essential to list it on there, it was just an 'extra' exam that I decided to retry.

I'm gonna contact my old College about this but the relevant person is on holiday right now. Has anyone had experience with this? Do individual colleges have the choice to show OR not show module results on their A2 certificates? Will I be forced to leave it on there?

Thanks in advance to everyone.
Your A level certificate will only show the module results that counted towards the overall grade. They don't show every attempt.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Your A level certificate will only show the module results that counted towards the overall grade. They don't show every attempt.

Thanks but that can't be true. Looking at my AS certificate, my original grade was higher than the resit, yet they included the resit even though it didn't count towards overall grade. Strange.

Any thoughts about my first question?

Sorry, I'm just really confused.
Original post by SundaySun

1) When I google 'A level certificate' I see official certificates printed directly by OCR/AQA. Should I have received these?!All I received on results day was a generic-looking results page from my College (I attached a picture with the personal details removed). Crap, am I actually missing something?!

2) I resat an a AS exam (back then) and got a very poor result. The thing is, my A2 certificate shows my individual exam results, under my overall grades. I'm applying to higher education in another country. I want to 'clean up' my certificate if possible and just get that resit removed. It seems like it shouldn't be essential to list it on there, it was just an 'extra' exam that I decided to retry.

1. You should have received official results certificates produced by the examiners. What you get on results day is not an official record of your results that employers or universities would accept. For summer 2015 the certificates would have been available about November time. Your college should have them. If you don't collect them and they are lost or destroyed you will have to pay the examiners for a replacement statement of results.

2. Your college has no choice in what they look like or what is on them. That said, none of mine have any unit results on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
1. You should have received official results certificates produced by the examiners. What you get on results day is not an official record of your results that employers or universities would accept. For summer 2015 the certificates would have been available about November time. Your college should have them. If you don't collect them and they are lost or destroyed you will have to pay the examiners for a replacement statement of results.

2. Your college has no choice in what they look like or what is on them. That said, none of mine have any unit results on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I'm pretty sure what I was given was just a simple results notification. Can't believe I wasn't given the real thing, but I didn't realize the significance at the time.

I'll get in touch with the College ASAP and ask where my certificates are.

Quick Reply

Latest